Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 502117 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #1250 on: March 29, 2009, 01:11:10 PM »
And now, for something completely different...

I like that Destructoid took a sarcastic approach. Also, The game has been censoring words for months now. I remember back in December trying to get one of my villagers to say something dirty (I forgot what), but the game wouldn't let me.

As for what my main character is wearing, he is rocking out the Hero's Hat (which is Link's hat + ears) and it looks nice with the Egyptian shirt.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 01, 2009, 07:02:48 PM »
my gates are open for the first time in a looong time.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1252 on: April 01, 2009, 07:28:09 PM »
I would go and visit, but I have to eat dinner in a bit and I have to do some things for tomorrow.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 01, 2009, 10:39:36 PM »
Pap64, what was that creepy thing you sent to my Wii Message Board? I could have lived quite happily without seeing (and hearing) that...

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1254 on: April 01, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »
Pap64, what was that creepy thing you sent to my Wii Message Board? I could have lived quite happily without seeing (and hearing) that...

My April Fool's joke... ;)

The picture is not from City Folk but from "My Pokemon Ranch". See there are these Mii characters who are designed to look like Pokemon. One character, who is a fan of "Aipom" has very large eyes and a creepy smile. So I got very close to her, took a snapshot and that's what you have on the message board :) .

The laugh is actually a ringtone I have on my celphone (along with many others). You can't hear it on the Wii Speak, but it grows louder with each successive laugh, maxing out the volume of your celphone.

You're welcome :) .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 01, 2009, 11:07:33 PM »
The laugh sounds more staticy as it plays so that must be because of the volume increase. It makes it even worse... I don't know if I can power on my system again knowing that thing is waiting for me...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 01, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »
I don't think I got it. So that must mean Pap hates me.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1257 on: April 02, 2009, 12:00:37 AM »
Yes I sent it to you, Golden.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 02, 2009, 09:56:44 AM »
did you send that to me once pap, but sped up so the pitch was annoyingly high?
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 03, 2009, 10:50:18 PM »
Picked up an extra Amazing Painting. I was doing my routine run to Redd's, assuming he'd a have a painting I don't own in the muesuem, but its the first time I picked up a duplicate.

If anybody wants it, or want to trade, PM me. First come first serve, or best offer.

How about those cherry blossoms? Its ironic that my cherry trees haven't turned pink yet...
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: April 05, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
Hey, I just got a NIntendo DSi bench from Pete...it's about time! My town is a mess...I have not played in a while.
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 05, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting that. Happy DSi Day everyone!
Are there different colours of DSi couches? I got a black one, what did everyone else get?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1262 on: April 05, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »
I guess that's what Pete was trying to give my players, all of their mail slots were full. I removed 1 and will check again soon.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: April 06, 2009, 10:24:45 PM »
Yeah I wasn't expecting that. Happy DSi Day everyone!
Are there different colours of DSi couches? I got a black one, what did everyone else get?

That is what I want to know, I got the ugly black one as well.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1264 on: April 06, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »
All 4 players in my village got black ones. I don't think there are any other colors. Shame since you can barely see the buttons on it, so it just looks like a big black block.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 06, 2009, 11:45:32 PM »
I checked GameFAQs and there are two colours of DSi couches, black and white. What I couldn't figure out is what factors determine which colour you got.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:26 AM »
I checked GameFAQs and there are two colours of DSi couches, black and white. What I couldn't figure out is what factors determine which colour you got.

White wouldn't exist in North America since we didn't get a white one yet.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: April 07, 2009, 01:49:46 AM »
Yeah you're right. Looking over the GameFAQs board further, people in North America got a black one whilst people in Europe got a white one. So if you want a white one then you'll have to trade with somebody from Europe.

No idea which colour Japan got, if any.

Offline SirSniffy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 07, 2009, 09:58:36 AM »
Thanks for the info dude. Any Brits wanna be my friend?  :P
On the surface simplicity...but the darkest pit in me...is Pagan Poetry...Pagan Poetry...

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 07, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
How does this DLC work? Do i just need to visit my town and it'll be waiting for me? I only recently got the red pikmin hat, and around the time the rest of you guys were saying you had it, i was still playing the game regularly and nothing.

Is there anyway i can somehow miss getting this item??

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1270 on: April 07, 2009, 05:09:01 PM »
Pete (the mailman/pelican) will be waiting outside your door with a letter from Nintendo. If all of your letter slots are full, he will say you need to free up a spot and the next time you turn your game on you will get it. If you have free spots, he will just give you the letter and the letter will have the DLC attached.

So far North America has gotten a Red Pikmin hat, a Cloverleaf Hat (I think that is what it's called) and now A Nintendo DSi Bench. I think we also got a box of chocolates.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 07, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
Pete (the mailman/pelican) will be waiting outside your door with a letter from Nintendo. If all of your letter slots are full, he will say you need to free up a spot and the next time you turn your game on you will get it. If you have free spots, he will just give you the letter and the letter will have the DLC attached.

So far North America has gotten a Red Pikmin hat, a Cloverleaf Hat (I think that is what it's called) and now A Nintendo DSi Bench. I think we also got a box of chocolates.

and i just got the pikmin hat about a week ago.. does that mean i should be expecting the cloverleaf hat next, then later the dsi bench? Is there some qualification i have to meet to get my items on time?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 07, 2009, 06:05:08 PM »
I'm not sure how it works, but I thought that you had to actually play on April 5th to get the DSi couch, otherwise you wouldn't receive one. There are people on GameFAQs who didn't play on the 5th and are complaining that they didn't get one.

The DSi gets added to Nook's catalogue, so anyone who received one can buy as many as they want. If you don't receive one, perhaps you could work out a deal with someone who has them. They cost around 19,000 I believe.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1273 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:42 PM »
The cloverleaf was on St. Patrick's day, so I don't know. Not sure why you only just got the Red Pikmin hat when Nintendo sent it out a few months ago for those in the US.

Anyone here with a European copy of the game? I would like to get the white Nintendo DSi Bench.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1274 on: April 11, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
Anyone still have a open Nooks? I forgot to sell my turnips (I didn't have any profitable prices all week).

Edit: Nevermind, found someone on GameFAQs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 11:23:39 PM by TJ Spyke »