Author Topic: Episode 832: Alex Jones' Shelf-Stable 1-2 Switch Bucket  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 832: Alex Jones' Shelf-Stable 1-2 Switch Bucket
« on: July 23, 2023, 01:31:59 PM »

Guaranteed to promote so my thyroid health you'll grow extra thyroids!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/64344/episode-832-alex-jones-shelf-stable-1-2-switch-bucket

Iron Man is out this week, but that doesn't prevent James, Greg, and Guillaume from recording a 10 minute segment on robophilia in Sly Stallone's directorial oeuvre.

This week in New Business, James starts the show with a frighteningly long segment discussing authentic Horace Showpony masks. He then actually has New Business, having played turn-based space strategy game Chaos Galaxy. Sadly the game is lacking the drama he needs to get juiced up. Greg has some early impressions of Pikmin 4, owing entirely to his time zone advantages over the rest of his co-hosts. Guillaume closes out New Business talking Ridge Racer 6 (on Xbox) and his desire to see Ridge Racer make its way to Switch.

After a break, Listener Mail erupts into a giant ball of fire. Stay tuned after the end music to hear all of that. It doesn't get dramatically better after we recover the show. This week we talk about word salad eShop titles and good character design. You can send us your SEO-driven questions here.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Cool Uncle Vince

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 832: Alex Jones' Shelf-Stable 1-2 Switch Bucket
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2023, 10:59:45 AM »
About Therm Scissorpunch: I fully believe Solo was intended to be a movie that took the piss out of Star Wars.  Why else would you hire Lord & Miller, the directors of Lego Movie and 21/22 Jump Street?

And then the Star Wars people got cold feet and fired Lord & Miller.  But stuff like Therm Scissorpunch and a main character named L337 still remain from the original direction.

Offline untriedleech

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • geometry dash subzero
Re: Episode 832: Alex Jones' Shelf-Stable 1-2 Switch Bucket
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 11:56:32 PM »
foodle About Therm Scissorpunch: I fully believe Solo was intended to be a movie that took the piss out of Star Wars.  Why else would you hire Lord & Miller, the directors of Lego Movie and 21/22 Jump Street?

And then the Star Wars people got cold feet and fired Lord & Miller.  But stuff like Therm Scissorpunch and a main character named L337 still remain from the original direction.
I agree with you that the point of Solo is to tone down the intensity of the Star Wars universe. They calmed down and let Lord & Miller go on the Star Wars set. However, staples like Therm Scissorpunch and L337 as a key character stay true to form.