Author Topic: What's MS' next move with the XBox 360?  (Read 34326 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: What's MS' next move with the XBox 360?
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2008, 05:41:04 PM »
Those halo fans are the ones i meant when i said there'd be a few people that'd buy the system on launch. It's those consumers that will test the waters for MS's 3rd system and no doubt they'd be the ones to push its to its limits with long gameplay sessions. If it doesnt have the same issues (and no new ones) immidiately i think their safe but as for the way things are going now... i dunno. i said i was someone who had once thought about buying a 360 but with its reputation the way it is.. i don't think i'd want to put my money into it. I think there are alot of people out there who feel the same way i do, and thats why there really is no "next move" with the Xbox 360, just risk that this bad rep wont come back to bite them
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2008, 03:52:45 AM »
Bill Gates is super rich and probably thinks all consumers can just toss away 4-5 hundred dollars on a console that breaks down after a month. Bill Gates doesn't see 4-500 dollars as a lot of money, and he probably can't comprehend anyone else seeing it as alot of money either.
is your sanity...

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
Bill Gates is super rich and probably thinks all consumers can just toss away 4-5 hundred dollars on a console that breaks down after a month. Bill Gates doesn't see 4-500 dollars as a lot of money, and he probably can't comprehend anyone else seeing it as alot of money either.

I don't think many market analysts would have jobs if they thought like that.  I'm sure Microsoft has a few of those.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »

How do ANY of the market analysts have their jobs.  They got this entire generation as wrongly as possible, placing everybody in every wrong spot.

DS a fad, PSP will kill it with features.
Wii a failure, the entire market wants HD games.  PS3 will match PS2.  360 will make profit.

All have been said by PAID analysts and anybody who said anything cross was ridicule or shouted down.

I don't think many market analysts would have jobs if they thought like that.  I'm sure Microsoft has a few of those.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2008, 04:31:23 PM »

How do ANY of the market analysts have their jobs.  They got this entire generation as wrongly as possible, placing everybody in every wrong spot.

DS a fad, PSP will kill it with features.
Wii a failure, the entire market wants HD games.  PS3 will match PS2.  360 will make profit.

All have been said by PAID analysts and anybody who said anything cross was ridicule or shouted down.

Hey just cause certain ones talk the loudest doesn't mean **** to me.  I really doubt Billy Gates looks at his consumers so arrogantly and ignorantly.

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2008, 11:55:14 PM »
Didn't Bill Gates retire?
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2008, 01:43:58 AM »
Didn't Bill Gates retire?

Yes. Monkey Boy is in charge now.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2008, 07:19:40 AM »
DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2008, 09:23:02 AM »
I haven't seen any indication that Bill Gates that arrogant about Money.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2008, 05:15:37 PM »
Here is what may possibly be next for Microsoft:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584945/20080407/id_0.jhtml

barf.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2008, 05:24:10 PM »
ahahahahahaha

The Microsoft StickWinder
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2008, 06:18:41 PM »
Yeah but can you say Resident Evil 5 with IR controls? Thought so.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »
This news is epic, really. I was going to ask what the hold up is, if they are going to overtly go after the Wii approach, but then I read the article:

Rare, the Microsoft-owned studio behind Xbox 360's launch first-person shooter "Perfect Dark Zero" and the upcoming installment of the "Banjo-Kazooie" franchise, has been tasked with creating a unified interface and look for the controller. Rare has had trouble hitting its deadlines, according to the source.

:D Oh Rare... just like old times.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2008, 06:38:07 PM »
Shameless, but not unexpected.
Not just flowers,I love them all like weeds and     veget
able.

I want to do garden forever.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2008, 06:46:10 PM »
Here is what may possibly be next for Microsoft:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1584945/20080407/id_0.jhtml

barf.

Release the hounds Nintendo lawyers.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2008, 06:57:22 PM »
As a once proud user of OS/2 I know all about Microsoft's dirty copying tricks. THIEFES!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »
If true, then it's probably a long term prototyping thing to get them ready for the XBox720.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2008, 08:04:52 PM »
Perfect Dark Zero Plus 1 will change the way we look at games FOREVER from excitement to DISCUST

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »
I call BS.  Microsoft knows its key demographic well.  I don't think they would blatantly rip off the Wiimote.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:59 PM »
I call BS.  Microsoft knows its key demographic well.  I don't think they would blatantly rip off the Wiimote.

Do they? Perhaps we are going to see a new ideology behind the 360 now with Moore gone. In fact, going by the rumor, it sounds like they very well could have started this shortly after Moore left.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2008, 01:18:17 AM »
This is probably the 2nd worst thing MS could have done in regards to Wii.  They've basically validated Nintendo's approach.  MS needs to come up with their own innovative technology instead of just aping the #1 guy.  That'll get them nowhere and spread more love for Wii.

(Sony has the distinction of the worst, They just ignored it until it fell 3 laps behind.)
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 08, 2008, 01:46:10 AM »
MS needs to come up with their own innovative technology instead of just aping the #1 guy.

A dead horse is still floggable.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
So does that mean they will be releasing an updated version of Halo with Ms-Mii's?
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #123 on: April 08, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »
Yes.  And the Mii's will have increased options/functionality in light of Sony's "Home", because MS always takes a cue from Sony when it intends to "aim high".

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #124 on: April 08, 2008, 05:46:53 PM »
This is probably the 2nd worst thing MS could have done in regards to Wii.  They've basically validated Nintendo's approach.  MS needs to come up with their own innovative technology instead of just aping the #1 guy.  That'll get them nowhere and spread more love for Wii.

(Sony has the distinction of the worst, They just ignored it until it fell 3 laps behind.)

What I find very ironic about all of this is that the fans and the gaming media have CRAPPED on the Wii for being gimmicky, shallow and way too simple for gamers to the point where it insults their intelligence.

If MS does indeed create a Wiimote knock off it would be further proving how the Wii has massive appeal.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer