Author Topic: Killer7  (Read 13185 times)

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
RE:Killer7
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 10:04:30 PM »
I know what you mean by playing Killer 7 slowly.  As far as the fast girl, I beat her with charged shots from Dan...just FYI.  It took a while.  Make sure you're stocked up on some thick blood to regenerate you EYEBALL energy.

As for True Crime: NY and GUN.  They are both just a tad bit too similar.  It was almost as if Activitsion told Lufoflux and Neversoft to work together on these games.  I feel like you're forced to play different gameplay types a little too much (e.g., gunfire, fighting, driving, horseback riding, Texas Hold 'Em) and I was almost forcing myself to like them.  

GUN was solid for the horseback riding and landscape feel; however, it fell short with the gunfire aspect of it.  The storyline started off great, but then I felt like I was in the middle of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.  

True Crime: NY is a much better game than True Crime: Streets of LA, but in the end...the storyline just got too monotonous.  The layout was much better than the original with the use of Taxi Cabs and the Subway system to instantly travel large distances; however, it still gave you that 'stuck in the mud' feeling that Streets of LA gave you.  Also, I found myself adjusting the color because I couldn't see when day to turned to night while driving in the open area.  The framerate is also ridiculously bad (like NES bad) when it rains.  

Some positives for True Crime: NY

1.  Again, traveling large distances easily with the use of taxi cabs and subway systems.

2.  Side missions with informants are cool.

3.  You can buy your moves at a dojo instead of forcing yourself to learn them.  You really don't need to learn them to advance in the game.

4.  Much like the gang territory stuff in GTA: San Andreas, you can clean up crime in the separate city zones (e.g., Washington Heights, etc.)

5.  Once these zones/districts are reduced in terms of crime rate, more businesses will open up and you'll be allowed to shop and go into a variety of different buildings.

Some negatives:

1.  Just like Streets of LA, you're seeing more of the same in the level design.  The GTA series has the advantage of not being based on a real city because it can vary the designs of the different locations.  For example, forests and lakes to Venice Beach-like areas.  Aside from Central Park, everything is skyscraper and streets.

2.  Shooting guns needs to be redone somehow to feel more fluid (like Resident Evil 4).

CONCLUSION:

I would pick up True Crime: NY only if you enjoyed the original.

GUN is a rental game.  It doesn't even last long and the excitement for this game quickly dies.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline Nosferat2

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Killer7
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2006, 10:18:42 AM »
Thanks very much for the excellent comparison. Im going to save the money from not buying Gun for a Rev preorder. Ill pick up TC NY soon enough. Need to see NY again. Thanks again for the heads up.

More importantly thanks for the tip on killing that Satan of a girl in Killer 7. Never tried a charge shot. Now i must get back into it and smash on that girl. At least try to. I should have started on Normal mode instead of hard. I think it would have allowed me to figure out a better strategy to fight her. SHe is off the damn hook in hard mode. Im going to finish Spartan Total warrior first before i get back into K7, which btw i recommend to you if you are even remotely interested in it. Its not perfect, but its a blast to play.

Thanks again