Draw some stuff. Win some stuff. Get some hugs!
In celebration of our first Game Club and the wonderfully cuddly game in focus, Nintendo World Report is holding an art competition!
I want to see what you, dear readers,
can come up with in response to the question;
“What if classic video games had a hug button?”.
What would happen if that one favorite game of yours had a hug button just like A Boy and His Blob? How would it be different? What would happen? It's up to your creativity!
I'm looking for cute, funny or ridiculous ideas, and we have a most epic prize for the artwork that we deem the most worthy of adoration.
The prize we have on offer is an
original animation frame from A Boy and His Blob, framed and signed
by the development team at WayForward!
1. To enter send us some artwork (it may be a
drawing, a short comic or an animated gif) and the title of the game to
contest(at)nintendoworldreport.com with the subject "hug button competition".
2. "Classic video game" means "anything popular enough to have a fanbase", it can be from any console generation including this one.
3. The game in question need not necessarily be on a Nintendo platform, but is preferred.
4. Deadline for entries is May 3, 2012, midnight EST.
5. Winners will be contacted by email. If they do not respond within 3 (three) days the prize will be awarded to someone else.
6. The winner is chosen at the discretion of the judges and is not open for review.
prize is an original, framed A Boy and His Blob animation frame, signed by the WayForward
8. All entries become property of Nintendo World Report to use without permission.
9. Nintendo World Report reserves the right to change the rules at any time, without advance notice.
In the meantime, here's one example that my girlfriend and I collaborated on to get the ball rolling (click to see the full resolution, of course).
I'll announce the winner and post up the entries we get in a few weeks' time, and keep checking back for more content in our first ever NWR Game Club.
Credit for the Link picture goes to myself and my gorgeous girlfriend. I'd give her the prize if I could.