We store cookies, you can get more info from our privacy policy.

Episode 114: Peanut Butter Martini

by Michael Cole and Jared Rosenberg - December 30, 2012, 5:21 pm PST
Total comments: 9

Celebrate video game music with Jared Rosenberg and TYP as they squeeze in one final episode before the year's end.

Download in MP3 Format

Subscribe to MP3 Feed

Subscribe via iTunes (Please rate and review, too!)

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

This episode was edited by Michael "TYP" Cole. Intro music is copyright Jason Ricci & New Blood. All game music is copyright their respective owners.

Talkback

Games featured in this episode:

Kirby's Adventure (NES)
Super Hang-on (Wii/ARC)
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
Disney's Aladdin (SNES)
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)


(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

Pixelated PixiesDecember 31, 2012

Great episode!

I correctly identified games 1, 4 & 5.

Game 5 was probably the quickest I've ever been with an answer. I literally got it within 2 seconds of hearing the first song. I have to disagree with what was said on the episode though. I loved that game's soundtrack.

Game 4 was also one of my favourite games as a kid so I was quite quick on the button with that one too.

Nice choices people.

VickiLDecember 31, 2012

I always feel old when TYP talks about the consoles of his past.  :-\

I didn't recognize any of the games, as usual, but I always enjoy listening!

JasonMaiviaJanuary 01, 2013

Great show, guys.  ;D


I guessed just two of the games correctly.  Very easy on the ears while I do errands.

roykoopa64January 02, 2013


Another fun episode; Happy new year TYP!


I could only identify Game 1; I love that game.


I was surprised to find out the game for the music on Game 2. I may have to check it out


I knew I had heard the music for Game 4 before, but I couldn't remember what game it was. I owned that game for a while back in the day.


I really want to play Game 5, it's been on my wish list for a while.

SundoulosJanuary 05, 2013

I owned game 3 for a while, and the gameplay was mostly serviceable, but describing it as anything more than that would be too generous.  I was a little surprised to hear reaction to the game's music, because the music was my favorite part of that game as well as it's parent.  :)    The Final Fantasy XII music is also one of my favorite parts of Theatrhythym.




I absolutely love game 5, and I only gave the game a chance because it was discussed at length on RFN a couple of times.  Fortunately, they also had a demo of it available on iOS, and I was able to try it out before getting it on the DS.  Back when I downloaded it, it allowed you to play through the first two major areas of the game.  I thought the implementation of the game worked really well (and looked more beautiful on my iPod/iPad.  I'd recommend downloading the demo if you've ever been curious about it, but haven't wanted to pay money for it outright before trying.  I did actually end up asking for the game on DS in a Christmas in the past.  Loved every minute of it.

Quote from: VickiL

I always feel old when TYP talks about the consoles of his past.  :-\

I've been racking my brain to piece together what happened with me and the SNES since I edited the episode. I think what happened was that I got the SNES in summer of 1993, because I'm pretty sure I got Game 1 when it came out, and yet am also fairly confident that I got SNES games as presents in December of that year.

Quote from: Sundoulos

I owned game 3 for a while, and the gameplay was mostly serviceable, but describing it as anything more than that would be too generous.  I was a little surprised to hear reaction to the game's music, because the music was my favorite part of that game as well as it's parent.  :)    The Final Fantasy XII music is also one of my favorite parts of Theatrhythym.

I didn't say I disliked the music. Merely that to me it doesn't come off as particularly distinct, compared with other games in the genre that I have used on this podcast but have not played.

Quote from: Sundoulos

I absolutely love game 5, and I only gave the game a chance because it was discussed at length on RFN a couple of times.  Fortunately, they also had a demo of it available on iOS, and I was able to try it out before getting it on the DS.  Back when I downloaded it, it allowed you to play through the first two major areas of the game.  I thought the implementation of the game worked really well (and looked more beautiful on my iPod/iPad.  I'd recommend downloading the demo if you've ever been curious about it, but haven't wanted to pay money for it outright before trying.  I did actually end up asking for the game on DS in a Christmas in the past.  Loved every minute of it.

I'm glad to hear it's on iOS, because it is probably hard to track down in the DS format. I see the first chapters are still free on iOS, and you can buy all of the chapters for $8. Not shabby at all.

Pixelated PixiesJanuary 05, 2013

I also bought Game 5 based purely on RFN's glowing recommendation, and it's probably one of my favourite games of .

SundoulosJanuary 10, 2013

Quote from: TheYoungerPlumber

Quote from: Sundoulos

I absolutely love game 5, and I only gave the game a chance because it was discussed at length on RFN a couple of times.  Fortunately, they also had a demo of it available on iOS, and I was able to try it out before getting it on the DS.  Back when I downloaded it, it allowed you to play through the first two major areas of the game.  I thought the implementation of the game worked really well (and looked more beautiful on my iPod/iPad.  I'd recommend downloading the demo if you've ever been curious about it, but haven't wanted to pay money for it outright before trying.  I did actually end up asking for the game on DS in a Christmas in the past.  Loved every minute of it.

I'm glad to hear it's on iOS, because it is probably hard to track down in the DS format. I see the first chapters are still free on iOS, and you can buy all of the chapters for $8. Not shabby at all.

Incidentally, I also (finally) first played Phoenix Wright by Capcom on iOS.  I believe that it's only $5, and it also works very well on the platform.  I only wish the other titles in the series were also available, if only because they are getting more rare and expensive as DS titles now. 

Share + Bookmark





Related Content

Got a news tip? Send it in!
Advertisement
Advertisement