We store cookies, you can get more info from our privacy policy.

Episode 107: True Form

by Michael Cole and Greg Leahy - April 19, 2012, 10:58 pm PDT
Total comments: 14

Podcast Editor Extraordinaire Greg Leahy shares his wisdom.

Download in MP3 Format

Subscribe to MP3 Feed

Subscribe via iTunes (Please rate and review, too!)

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

This episode was edited by Michael "TYP" Cole. Intro music is copyright Jason Ricci & New Blood. All game music is copyright their respective owners.

Talkback

Games featured in this episode:

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (SNES)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Snake Rattle 'n Roll (NES)
Parodius: Non-Sense Fantasy (SNES – PAL)
Mighty Switch Force (3DS)


(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

TJ SpykeApril 19, 2012

LOL, I haven't listened yet but I can tell at least one that Greg picked (#1, maybe #4 too).

You're supposed to listen before you peek, TJ ;)

TJ SpykeApril 19, 2012

LOL, I usually am never good at these anyways. Truth be told, I listen to hear the music and the discussion on the games.

Besides, the only one of these games I have played is #1. LOL

SundoulosApril 20, 2012

It's difficult not to peak at the game list when a new episode comes out.  It's like trying to make it to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop without biting.

geoApril 20, 2012

Thats most of the fun, trying to figure it out!  Usually if i've played it, I can get it.  That said, I got KI:U and mighty switch force, but not the rest.  :(

roykoopa64April 22, 2012

Good episode!

Great to hear Greg talked about his beloved game #1 Super Ghouls n Ghosts. I still haven't played it, I somehow missed it back in the SNES days, but I need to try it out, as frustrating it may be!

I love Game #2 and easily identified the music. Kid Icarus Uprising has become my most played 3DS game with over 30 hours in, and there's still so much I have left to do. The music is amazing, and I'm glad it was picked.

I never played game #3, 4, and 5, so I could not identify those. Great discussions nonetheless, especially regarding game #4, Parodius. What a fascinating game we never got to play in America!

Good to hear Game #5. By the way, the answer to the trivia question is the Hooligan Sisters. I don't think that was ever answered. If it was, my bad.

Gotta go buy that soundtrack now.

Most of the songs in Game 5 feel too busy to be from Sonic the Hedgehog games on Genesis but one of the songs I included in the background during discussion most certainly does.

geoApril 24, 2012

TYP,
I've been listening to some of the older radio trivia podcasts, and at the end of them you always sign off with a bonus song.  Is there any way you could bring that feature back!?  That way you can re-play games that you have already used in previous episodes or just highlight some different compositions of great video game music.  Doesn't have to be trivia, just whatever song you feel like listening to at the time!  But, I think it was a great addition to the old radio trivia episodes! 


YoshidiousGreg Leahy, Staff AlumnusApril 24, 2012

Quote from: Halbred

By the way, the answer to the trivia question is the Hooligan Sisters. I don't think that was ever answered. If it was, my bad.

Your bad.

Quote from: geo

TYP,
I've been listening to some of the older radio trivia podcasts, and at the end of them you always sign off with a bonus song.  Is there any way you could bring that feature back!?  That way you can re-play games that you have already used in previous episodes or just highlight some different compositions of great video game music.  Doesn't have to be trivia, just whatever song you feel like listening to at the time!  But, I think it was a great addition to the old radio trivia episodes!

I tend to sign off with an encore song from the same episode's batch of songs, and I think it works well.... I don't recall "always" signing off with a reprisal song ever being a recurring feature, but my memory isn't the greatest. If it was recurring feature, it must have died off awful quickly. I found something like this in Episode 3 prompted by Windy, but not in the 10s.

I could make an effort to do more TYP shorts, which are a bit like what you're asking for. Unfortunately, I have lots of "real life" irons in the fire that are detracting from my participation in NWR activities, some of which I anticipate will cool off later this year.

geoApril 25, 2012

Quote from: TheYoungerPlumber

I tend to sign off with an encore song from the same episode's batch of songs, and I think it works well.... I don't recall "always" signing off with a reprisal song ever being a recurring feature, but my memory isn't the greatest. If it was recurring feature, it must have died off awful quickly. I found something like this in Episode 3 prompted by Windy, but not in the 10s.

I could make an effort to do more TYP shorts, which are a bit like what you're asking for. Unfortunately, I have lots of "real life" irons in the fire that are detracting from my participation in NWR activities, some of which I anticipate will cool off later this year.

Ok, not ALWAYS, but for about a few consecutive episodes (I was on episode 6ish when I typed this!).  I just want you to know I appreciate ALL of your hard work, and it was your podcast that led me to this site and to RFN (and now connectivity/famicast).  It's great that you still manage to pump out new episodes even though you have a busy real-world life.  So, just letting you know I appreciate your hard work, and keep it up! 

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

Share + Bookmark





Related Content

Got a news tip? Send it in!
Advertisement
Advertisement