Check out the first 25 songs from the set list and the five venues you'll be playing them in.
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is a first for the Guitar Hero series in that it's the first time the focus of the game is centered on a single band. Aerosmith is definitely one of the most iconic groups in the history of music. You'd need to search far and wide to find someone who doesn't know about the band or isn't familiar with one of their songs.
Speaking of songs, we can confirm the first 25 songs in the game that has a total track listing of at least 41. Here's the list, along with the venues you can unlock with each new tier of tracks:
Nipmuc High School
- Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes (*Cover)
- Cheap Trick – Dream Police
- Aerosmith – Make It
- Aerosmith – Uncle Salty
- Aerosmith – Draw the Line
Max's Kansas City
- Joan Jett – I hate myself for loving you
- The Kinks – All day and all of the night (*Cover)
- Aerosmith – Movin' Out
- Aerosmith – No Surprize
- Aerosmith – Sweet Emotion
The Orpheum Theater
- The Clash – Complete Control
- New York Dolls – Personality Crisis (*Cover)
- Aerosmith – Livin' on the Edge
- Aerosmith – Ragdoll
- Aerosmith – Love in an Elevator
Half Time Show
- Lenny Kravitz – Always on the Run
- Black Crowes – Hard to Handle (*Cover)
- Aerosmith – Back in the Saddle
- Aerosmith – Beyond Beautiful
- Aerosmith – Dream On
- The Cult – She Sells Sanctuary
- Run-D.M.C. – King of Rock
- Aerosmith – Bright Light Fright
- Aerosmith – Nobody's Fault
- Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith – Walk This Way
If you're familiar with the history of the band, you'll see that the five venues revealed to us by Activision are the locations in which Aerosmith worked its way up the ladder of success. One of the band's first gigs was at Nipmuc High School in Upton, Mass. Aerosmith later famously went on to play in the Super Bowl XXXV halftime show. Because the career of Aerosmith is already well-known, career mode in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith will feature video clips and interviews with the band as they walk you through the time line of their rise to fame.
The Guitar Hero: Aerosmith trailer.
Part of this time line is the well-known rendition of “Walk This Way” with Run-D.M.C. Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels, a member of the group, is a playable character in Guitar Hero: Aerosmith. In addition to being able to select him as a guitarist, he also appears any time you select the song.
Additionally, since not every song in the game is by Aerosmith, any song not performed by the group will feature the familiar Guitar Hero house band instead. Familiar characters, like Judy Nails and Axel Steel, are still a part of Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and will be available to play in all modes outside career.
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith for Wii will be available later this month.