The song list is revealed!
Last updated: 10/16/2006 by Steven Rodriguez
Our good friend Chris Kohler has the scoop on the nineteen songs that will be included in Elite Beat Agents, the American sequel to the Japanese import smash, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! They are, in no particular order:
- Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
- ABC - Jackson Five
- Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
- I Was Born to Love You - Queen
- Rock This Town - Stray Cats
- Highway Star - Deep Purple
- Y.M.C.A. - Village People
- September - Earth, Wind and Fire
- Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
- Material Girl - Madonna
- La La - Ashlee Simpson
- You're the Inspiration - Chicago
- Survivor - Destiny's Child
- Without a Fight - Hoobastank
- Believe - Cher
- Let's Dance - David Bowie
- Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
- Makes No Difference - Sum 41
- The Anthem - Good Charlotte
A major part Elite Beat Agents is the story that accompanies each song. These stories are usually hilarious, with the characters in each story finding themselves in bizzare situations. For instance, the story that goes with Walkie Talkie Man is about a football jock that thinks about nothing but football while his girlfriend tries to go steady with him. (Read more about that in our E3 impressions.) Recent screenshots show two women stranded on a desert island in one story, and a filmmaker trying to direct a Hollywood blockbuster in another. Each of those situations will be set to one of the songs in that list (we don't know which goes with which yet), and while playing through the song, the story unfolds.
Like Ouendan, EBA is a music game in which you must tap circles on the DS touch screen in beat with the music. Sometimes you will need to drag the stylus along a path, and you may need to quickly spin a wheel. If the original game is any indication, there will be difficulty levels for all types of people, from the raw newbie to the expert beatmaniac. It's really made for everyone!
Elite Beat Agents arrives on November 6.