The critically acclaimed fantasy adventure game is coming to GameCube in Q4 of 2003.
XICAT INTERACTIVE BRINGS FANTASY AND EXCITEMENT TO ALL NEXT-GEN CONSOLES WITH ZANZARAH: THE HIDDEN PORTAL
Xicat Delivers a Beautiful Fantasy World of Action, Adventure and Magic Complete with Fairies, Demons and More.
London, UK – 28th May, 2003, Xicat Interactive, Inc., the publisher of fantasy titles such as Gothic and Metal Dungeon, have announced its plans to bring the mystical adventure title, Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal to the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the XboxTM video game system from Microsoft, and the Nintendo® GameCubeTM. Xicat is re-creating the well-received and critically acclaimed PC franchise with the help of Virtuacraft Limited. Xicat hopes the title's broad appeal, varied gameplay, and stunning visuals will tame the hearts of console gamers everywhere.
Zanzarah: The Hidden Portal is an amazingly enjoyable adventure game brought to life by a vividly depicted and amazingly produced world. The story revolves around a young girl named Amy, who when estranged from her parents escapes to the magical world of Zanzarah. There she is charged with melding the world of Zanzarah back into the world of reality, and saving it from destruction. Along the way Amy will use magical powers and items to collect and train fairies and demons, who both of which she will use in fast-paced battles to defeat the evil that pervades Zanzarah.
"Zanzarah is poised to be one of our biggest multi-console hits," says Brad Flack, US Director of Sales for Xicat Interactive. "The game has the ability to draw the attention of younger and older gamers alike with its amazing visuals; it's after that people notice how riveting Zanzarah's gameplay is. We're very excited to be bringing this stunning game to its rightful home on each of the major consoles."
- Breathtaking graphics bring Zanzarah to life; experience lush forests, scorching volcanoes, and icy wastelands in vivid detail
- Control Amy, a young heroine gifted with the ability to collect and train fairies and demons
- Use dozens of spells from 12 different elemental powers to destroy the evil plaguing Zanzarah
- Experience the adventure in 3rd person view, then switch to 1st person to battle it out in mystical arenas
- Multi-tiered combat system pits your collection of fairies and demons against a horde of other opponents; Use each fairy wisely to exploit weaknesses in your enemy's defense
- Role-Playing elements upgrade both Amy and your individual fairies and demons; create stronger warriors with potions and other magical items, and level them up through experience and time
- Multiplayer combat lets two collectors duke it out split-screen style. Find out who's the top collector!
Zanzarah: The Hidden portal will be making its way to the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft, and the Nintendo GameCube in Q4 of 2003.