Hot on the heels of the Super Mario Sunshine date, Nintendo drops the bomb on Mario Party 4, and 1080° 2's Japanese release date. Hoo-boy Nintendo's turning up the heat!
DID YOU KNOW?
While you were sleeping, Nintendo Co. Ltd. released more information about 2002's most eagerly awaited video games, all available only on NINTENDO GAMECUBE(tm). Nintendo also announced joint development of new titles based on yet another of the company's unmatched stable of franchises and franchise characters.
· Super Mario Sunshine will be released in Japan on July 19, 2002, exclusively for NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Last week, Nintendo announced the title will hit North American shelves on August 26, 2002.
· Other eagerly anticipated NINTENDO GAMECUBE exclusives, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem(tm) and Star Fox® Adventures, debut in Japan this fall.
· The next installment in the wildly popular Mario Party® franchise will be released for NINTENDO GAMECUBE before the end of this year in Japan. Previous Mario Party titles topped best-seller lists in 2000 and 2001.
· In Japan, 1080° Snowboarding, another NINTENDO GAMECUBE exclusive, will debut this winter.
· Nintendo and SEGA® are teaming up to release two previously unannounced games based on the F-ZERO® franchise, using the next-generation 3D-CG Triforce arcade board and NINTENDO GAMECUBE. Amusement Vision is developing both titles under the supervision of Nintendo, with F-ZERO AC (working title) for the arcade published by SEGA and F-ZERO GC (working title) for NINTENDO GAMECUBE published by Nintendo. Both titles will be released in late 2002 and feature connectivity through the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Memory Card 59.