Also, a slew of Wii U and 3DS indie games are on the way in the coming months.
At long last, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is coming to 3DS eShop on October 23. The Wii U version will be coming later this winter.
A variety of other Wii U and 3DS indie titles are also on their way this year, including Frima's Wii U physics-based platformer Chariot, Double Fine's Wii U RPG Costume Quest 2, TOO DX's Wii U local multiplayer game Sportsball, and Choice Provisions' 3DS arcade-styled Woah Dave!
All of these games and more will be playable at Indiecade 2014 this weekend, where Nintendo will also host a panel on indie development on Nintendo systems featuring developers from Yacht Club Games, Over the Moon Games, and KnapNok Games. See below for the full list of playable games:
- Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U, KnapNok Games, Q1 2015)
- The Fall (Wii U, Over the Moon Games, Available Now)
- Costume Quest 2 (Wii U, Double Fine, October)
- Stealth Inc. 2 (Wii U, Curve Digital, October)
- Swords & Soldiers II (Wii U, Ronimo Games, Winter)
- Runbow (Wii U, 13AM Games, 2015)
- Sportsball (Wii U, TOO DX, November)
- Chariot (Wii U, Frima, Q4 2014)
- Beatbuddy (Wii U, Threaks, TBA)
- Woah Dave! (3DS, Choice Provisions, Fall)
- Xeodrifter (3DS, Renegade Kid, 2014)
- Shovel Knight (Wii U/3DS, Yacht Club Games, Available Now)
- Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U/3DS, WayForward, October 23 on 3DS; Winter on Wii U)