Wii

Majesco Responds to PETA Cooking Mama Game

by Francesca DiMola - November 20, 2008, 9:01 am PST
Total comments: 13 Source: Majesco

Mama was none too happy with her portrayal as an animal murderer.

Recently, PETA released a flash imitation of Majesco's popular title, Cooking Mama, portraying Mama as a ruthless turkey slayer.

According to PETA, Cooking Mama condones the slaughtering of animals for food, and thus the manner in which animals bred for consumption are kept. PETA states the game is "no longer…quite so innocent" when a person stops to think about the "horrific abuses" animals being used for meals are subjected to.

PETA's creation, Cooking Mama: Mama Kills Animals, depicts the slaughter of turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner and an exaggeration of the preparation. Between each completed level, PETA gives information about the treatment from life until death of turkeys used for slaughtering, along with propaganda videos.

Earlier today Majesco issued a formal rebuttal to PETA's creation with the fictional "Mama" herself as the spokesperson. She points out her latest title, Cooking Mama World kitchen, not only includes dishes with meat but features many vegetarian options as well. While highlighting some specific vegetarian dishes offered she joked, "I would never put rat in my Ratatouille."

As of yet, there has been no further response from PETA over Mama's statements.

Talkback

Let's see... PETA has yelled with a megaphone in front of my house, antagonizing those living in my house because some neighbor I've never met apparently works for some pharmaceutical company. Now they've mangled a trademarked video game franchise.

In what other ways can PETA disgust, annoy, or otherwise infuriate me? I just don't understand how a person--let alone an organization--could come to the conclusion that such tactics persuade others to join their cause. If they think can simply kick, scream, and nag enough and get others to cave in, they're delusional and, well, immature.

MorariNovember 20, 2008

PETA gives the entire cause a bad name. No one takes them seriously.

RABicleNovember 20, 2008

BUT GUYS TURKEYS DONT EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE!

EasyCureNovember 20, 2008

You know when the terrorists PETA organization has one when people are afraid of getting splattered with red for wearing a fur coat.

ZapNovember 20, 2008

This country is being overrun by anarchists

KDR_11kNovember 20, 2008

Quote from: RABicle

BUT GUYS TURKEYS DONT EVEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE!

Or join the EU, for that matter.

ThePermNovember 21, 2008

lobbyist are annoying, during the 2004 election i had Bush protesters outside my apartment yelling at the top of their lungs with megaphones. I was trying to sleep, I had work in the morning. I really wanted to call the police on them, as i could with anybody else. However, i couldn't. Because they didn't like policy I had to suffer, i'm not the damned president!

MorariNovember 21, 2008

Quote from: Zap

This country is being overrun by anarchists

I wish.

IceColdNovember 21, 2008

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/imagercc1/archive/page12/animalrights_700.jpg

KDR_11kNovember 21, 2008

Quote from: ThePerm

lobbyist are annoying, during the 2004 election i had Bush protesters outside my apartment yelling at the top of their lungs with megaphones. I was trying to sleep, I had work in the morning. I really wanted to call the police on them, as i could with anybody else. However, i couldn't. Because they didn't like policy I had to suffer, i'm not the damned president!

Why couldn't you? Does your country have laws that being obnoxiously loud is allowed when it's a political message?

ThePermNovember 21, 2008

freedom of speech, and assembly(federal) comes before local public disturbance laws. I lived right next door to the university. Not anymore.

GoldenPhoenixNovember 21, 2008

Quote from: ThePerm

freedom of speech, and assembly(federal) comes before local public disturbance laws. I lived right next door to the university. Not anymore.

All you need to do is show your freedom of speech and accidentally run over a few with your car.

NWR_pap64Pedro Hernandez, Contributing WriterNovember 26, 2008

Quote from: IceCold

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff100/imagercc1/archive/page12/animalrights_700.jpg

"For every animal that you don't eat, I eat three..." - Maddox

Got a news tip? Send it in!
Advertisement
Advertisement