The classic RPG is scheduled to hit North American shores on November 25, 2008.
Square Enix revealed that the previously announced DS port of Chrono Trigger will be coming to North America on November 25, 2008. Originally released in 1995 on the SNES, Chrono Trigger is one of the most acclaimed and revered games of all time. The DS version will feature touch screen functionality as well as new dungeons and an Arena mode.
Chrono Trigger’s story is wide in scope yet simple in setup. A young boy named Crono follows a mysterious girl named Marle through a malfunctioning teleporter and, through a strange turn of events, ends up having to save the world from Armageddon.
Thanks to flames of chaos for the tip!
CHRONO TRIGGER COMES TO NINTENDO DS ON NOVEMBER 25, 2008
One of the Greatest RPGs of All Time Returns This Holiday Season
LOS ANGELES (August 18, 2008) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that its highly anticipated Nintendo DS™ title CHRONO TRIGGER® will ship to North American retailers on November 25, 2008. A groundbreaking RPG that became an instant classic, CHRONO TRIGGER is set to be one of the most compelling handheld titles available this holiday season.
Remastered exclusively for Nintendo DS, this newly enhanced edition maintains all of the game’s original elements and spirit while introducing portability, dual-screen presentation and Touch Screen functionality.
Originally released in 1995 on the Super NES® and subsequently shipping more than 2.5 million copies worldwide, CHRONO TRIGGER is critically acclaimed as one of the greatest video games of all time. Praise continued to be showered upon the title at last month’s E3 2008 Media and Business Summit, with CHRONO TRIGGER receiving accolades including "Best RPG" and "Best DS Game."
Players can look forward to a reunion with CHRONO TRIGGER’s multifaceted storyline, memorable soundtrack and exhilarating gameplay this November.
When a newly developed teleportation device malfunctions at the Millennial Fair, young Crono must travel through time to rescue his misfortunate companion from an intricate web of past and present perils. The swashbuckling adventure that ensues soon unveils an evil force set to destroy the world, triggering Crono’s race against time to change the course of history and bring about a brighter future.
- A masterpiece with an engaging and unparalleled storyline, leading to the discovery of multiple epic conclusions to a journey that transcends time
- An inspiring musical score created by Yasunori Mitsuda
- Intriguing battle system made possible by the unique combination of the Active Time Battle system and Tech skills
- Famed character designer Akira Toriyama lends his signature art style to create the vibrant world that has captivated gamers around the world
- Taking advantage of the Nintendo DS hardware, CHRONO TRIGGER makes its way onto the portable platform with all-new dual-screen presentation and Touch Screen functionality
- Brand-new dungeons and an Arena mode add exciting new dimensions to this timeless classic
CHRONO TRIGGER is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/ctds.