Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff is slated to hit stores this Fall.
While a new Tecmo Bowl game has been in the works since last year, today marks the official confirmation that the series is coming out for the Nintendo DS. The new game, entitled Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff, promises to be in the same vein as the perennial classic Tecmo Super Bowl. The game will most likely not use real NFL teams and players because of EA Sports’ exclusive deal with the NFL, but will instead offer the ability to customize your own team. The controls will make use of the touch screen, and Tecmo also promises online play.
Tecmo Bowl: Kickoff is scheduled to be released in Fall 2008. Tecmo’s released feature list is as follows:
· Customizable Teams: Choose team colors, emblems, player names, team cities and abilities.
· Super Abilities: Tactically use over-the-top plays to take over a game.
· Wi-Fi and Wireless Multiplayer: Play against friends across the country or across the room.
· Stylus Control: Feel the action by using the stylus to control your player.
· Variety of Teams: Choose from 32 different teams.
· Cut-Scenes: All-new cut-scenes showing off the dramatic presentation of various plays.
· Customizable Playbook: Prepare for gridiron greatness by customizing your playbook.
· Music and Sound Effects: Turn up the heat on your opponent as you play the game to rock ‘n’ roll remixes of the most memorable tunes in football gaming history!