Author Topic: Nintendo GameCube Nearly Sold Out!  (Read 6649 times)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo GameCube Nearly Sold Out!
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 10:03:10 AM »

Lack of knowledge, and stupid, are very differant things. This I believe is truest in the video game sector. People just dont know, and this is mostly because they dont care, and have no desire to know. They simply want to play games for entertainment. They dont read reviews, they have never heard of a console war, and nost dont even know that Tony Hawk is a real guy. All this is because they simply dont put any stock into video games, they are simply toys, just another form of entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Having shelves full of PS2's and x-box's while the gamecube shelf sits empty is very bad business. Many people who see this will simply assume that Nintendo is done, that they dont sell gamecubes anymore, that is if they even knew about them in the first place. Shelves need to be stocked, advertising needs to be constant, and then, and only then will any of this matter.

exactly...everyone else here seems to think people even give a crap about games. they dont. lots of the buys is done by moms of teenagers or pre-teens. i ALWAYS see moms in cosco looking confused about which console to buy for or trying to figure out hte difference between madden 2003 and 2004. if there are no gamecubes to buy, no one benifits from a lack of gamecubes except xbox and ps2.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Sir Campbell

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2004, 10:15:48 AM »
Just check this out...

http://www.gamesarefun.com/gamesdb/editorial.php?editorialid=4

... this is the first in a series of editorials concerning the recent trend in bashing Nintendo.

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo GameCube Nearly Sold Out!
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2004, 01:53:25 PM »
lol i wish nintendo wasnt T3h doombed!!11!!! but where there is smoke there is fire, and nintendo doesnt seem to be reversing any of their current negative trends. they still have a kid image, they still have poor 3rd party support, and they are still doing dumb htings like running out of cubes!!! i hope they dont fail, but htey probably will. WHAHHAHAHA
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2004, 03:41:09 AM »
Hm, they're maturing their most kid-friendly franchise (Pokemon), their 3rd party support is pretty good in Japan and they're giving their best to keep the GC in stock. So that was sarcasm, nolimit?

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2004, 05:49:58 AM »
"their 3rd party support is pretty good in Japan"

who gives a sh*t, I dont live in japan, and it is one hell of a drive to get a game or two.

"they're maturing their most kid-friendly franchise (Pokemon)"

this means absolutly nothing. It will still be considered kiddie because it is pokemon.  
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2004, 06:58:15 AM »
"Hm, they're maturing their most kid-friendly franchise (Pokemon)"

And kiddying up Zelda in exchange.  So, um, what's the strategy there?  Turning off the demographics that used to support those game doesn't make any f*cking sense to me.  I'm LESS interested in the new Pokemon game because of the this more "mature" slant.  Pokemon's the cartoon, Zelda's the kid-friendly fantasy title that appeals to adults as well.  Not the other way around.

Offline Oldskool

• Maker of Fine Straitjackets since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2004, 09:31:56 AM »
Funny, some people think Nintendo is dying and doing everything wrong, yet Nintendo is making more of a profit than one of the "mature" consoles, and is doing pretty darn well against the other one. Isn't that called success? Oh well, some people...
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like victory!"

Proudly using my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo D laptop.

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 12:50:41 PM »

Originally posted by: Oldskool
Funny, some people think Nintendo is dying and doing everything wrong, yet Nintendo is making more of a profit than one of the "mature" consoles, and is doing pretty darn well against the other one. Isn't that called success? Oh well, some people...

My sentiments exactly. I was talking about this with a former PGC goer last night. And I came to a conclusion, at first as a joke, but after a while considering how some of the fans and the industry is reacting? If making money and being 2nd worldwide is bringing Nintendo all this grief? Then Microsoft? By all means start making money on X-Box! Please! Get in 2nd Place! Nintendo slide into 3rd purposely and let's see how Microsoft likes it =/ I mean no one bugs Microsoft as they're bleeding money and are in 3rd. So pleease give them 2nd and help them make money with X-Box and let's see some X-Box doom and gloom talk among its fans and with writers =/
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2004, 04:02:30 AM »
cubedcanuck: I meant developers in Japan, not japanese releases (though those are more, as well). They have a lot of big japanese dev houses on their side, but the american ones (especially the bad ones) are leaving them as an excuse for their bad stock (which, ironically, fell even lower after they left...).