Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 Discussion  (Read 180339 times)

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #950 on: December 03, 2004, 09:40:38 AM »
you know they released (or will release) a Leon collection, you can get the jacket, jeans, boots etc, look pretty awesome too, but are goddamn expensive(1€=1.3$), you can look at the stuff on www.gamefront.de, its in german, but just click the picture link on the article about RE4

LZ 2005

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
RE: Resident Evil 4 Discussion
« Reply #951 on: December 03, 2004, 09:52:30 AM »
Dressing like Wesker would be awesome.

dress like BARRY haha
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 03, 2004, 03:22:37 PM »
I need the bad-ass belt. Could I use it against people in contextual situations?

PRESS "A" TO WHIP CUSTOMER

Oh, and I found the hi-res stuff. The site still sucks, but the images rock hardcore to the max. To Kinkos with my trusty 4Resi belt!  
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Zero_Plague

• Only Linkin Park understands
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: December 04, 2004, 11:59:22 AM »
Wow, looks like I missed out on a lot.  Sorry for my absence but I've been a little busy.  Anyway, on with the information:

- Eggs, fish and snakes are used to restore health.  I knew about the eggs and fish, but.... snakes?

- It is said that we may be able to play as Ada later in the game and use her wiregun considering that it has a laser attachment.

- A hooded figure that has been seen in several areas may be this unknown, Lord Sadler.  Just for a quick note, the Village Chief and Lord Sadler are two completely different people.

- We may now be able to break glass with our hands instead of wasting a bullet on it.

- There will be optional objectives in the missions to complete as well as primary objectives that have to be completed to pass a certain area.

- For a good summary of all this information and a lot more, watch these multiple videos that gamespot has put up for us:

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/residentevil4/preview_6114418.html

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #954 on: December 04, 2004, 12:07:06 PM »
Resident Evil Solid 4: Snake Eater, Fish Eater, EGG EATER.

3X TEH EATING.
Oh, I guess Leon can get FAT in this game.

Resident Evil1 showed us the magickal wonders of smoking herbs and foamy first aid sprays to restore health.  Sorry, but ingesting strange items is supposed to be a Konami thing.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: December 05, 2004, 08:50:54 AM »
eating is good
LZ 2005

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #956 on: December 06, 2004, 12:03:51 AM »
Ashley and Ada sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.  

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: December 06, 2004, 09:12:41 AM »
its a wonderful thing to see girls kiss, just wonderful
I hope they show this kinda stuff in the game
LZ 2005

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #958 on: December 06, 2004, 03:06:16 PM »
Oh, I agree!  BioZomboid Prime and BioZomboid 1-1 gave us noteworthy amounts of fan service with Becca and Jill (the classic generation), so it'd be great if Capcom went to infinity and beyond those standards with A+A (the new generation) seeing how just about everything else in BioZomboid4 was overhauled for maximum pleasure.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #959 on: December 06, 2004, 03:25:44 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Clear Ada, not Ashley necessarily, mind you, tho that would've been welcome as well screens that were originally debuted in the lastest Famitsu-whateverissueitwas Magazine at GameSpot.  Hotness.  Thank GameSpot with kisses and hugs and Xmas presents for not watermarking any of the screens including the nice full-body centerfold artwork piece.

I love Asian Cuisine

Great Zephos, if this is her default outfit then I can't begin to imagine what they might have as an unlockable costume.

What if Leon wore Ashley's schoolgirl outfit as his hidden costume?

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #960 on: December 07, 2004, 09:14:46 AM »
Yesterday my local gamestop called me up and  let me know they just received  RE 4 demo disk that are for customers. It contains a movie  from RE Zero through RE 4 and a playable demo that  is up until the bells sound and the villagers leave  ya to go play bingo.

All I can say is the AI is amazing. Running around, jumping out of windows. Running across roof tops and jumping down off second stories to barley get away from a chain saw is intense.

If you had ever gotten your head gnawed off by the blade then you know exactly what I mean.  

The controls work,  they do take some getting used to after playing halo 2 so much lately but I am hoping they have an inverse look option for aiming. The options on the demo do not work.

If you got a local game stop your well acquainted with then get yourself up there and try and get them to hook you up with a demo. Supposedly they are only supposed to be given out with new cube purchases or other Nintendo products.

On a different note. Is it true that RE 4 was announced for the XBOX shortly after the PS2 port was announced? I am assuming  that the person mentioning that  was misinformed but figured I would check since  the reason for the PS2 port is money then  there is nothing keeping them from doing xbox either.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 07, 2004, 11:52:02 AM »

It contains a movie from RE Zero through RE 4
When you say movie, do you mean a four minute video showing some discombobulated game footage, or a long video that goes in-depth into the story line of past RE games?

I've never played resident evil 2-CV, but I read the plot summary of them on a FAQ at gamefaqs.com.  However, if a video summarization is available, that would be really cool.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 07, 2004, 12:43:48 PM »
i mean a 30 second clip showing the basic intros and game footage.

would have been real nice  if  it did  have  a 30 minute deal showing the story and  progress of each one.  

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #963 on: December 07, 2004, 12:50:34 PM »
Xbox version not announced.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 07, 2004, 06:36:54 PM »
Even IGN are loving this game.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #965 on: December 07, 2004, 11:53:55 PM »
They don't love it like I can.

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 08, 2004, 04:01:26 AM »
Wow. That was quick. This demo's been out for what, two days, and there's already like 20 on eBay, selling for upwards of $15-$20 bucks.
http://search.ebay.com/resident-evil-4-demo_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8
Which is really funny, because you can just plunk down a fiver and get the demo at any game store. Don't you just love eBay hawks? LOL  

Offline Savior

• I want one too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 08, 2004, 09:35:34 AM »
Theres a demo? lol I played the Demo at the store and loved it... Cant wait till January. Its officially my most wanted title now that Prime 2 has been out...  
The Savior Returns Late 2005

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 08, 2004, 09:52:03 AM »
yes, read a few post above where i  talked about the demo.

you get it when you buy a gamecube or other nintendo product free.

gamestop was informed to not give them out with preorders .

some might be  though so look around.

it is a quick demo like i said above but  really makes ya crave  the game to be here.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #969 on: December 08, 2004, 01:15:30 PM »
According to the dudes at my EB, the playable demo is the same stage that was available in the latest GCN kiosk demo disc.  Not a big selling point to owners who have the JPN demo.  They said I'd have to pre-order Resi4 to receive the demo.  That, I'm NOT going to do since I already pre-ordered with Capcom.com

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 08, 2004, 06:27:37 PM »
After getting the demo, this game officially creeps me out more than any game I've played in my whole life.  I never EVER want to be alone in a European village.  I think it was worth it.  I wasn't going to pick this game up in January, but now after playing it (and watching the newly converted intros to the old resi games) I'm going to have to, it's just that great.  So all in all, this little preview disk was worthy of the five dollars I paid, plus it comes in a GameCube case.  Now I can replace some of my more ugly cases. SCORE!
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #971 on: December 08, 2004, 07:20:19 PM »
I just bought (as opposed to bid) one of those demos off eBay for $24.  Still cheaper than buying the "Pure Evil" box set for just the demo.  It's kinda silly seeing the latest bids go over $25 when there's a few "buy it now" listings still available for only $20+shipping.

Cumulatively, I've spent well over $100 on this phenomenon called "Resident Evil 4" over the past year, and yet I still don't have the actual game.

- May 2004 Famitsu Wave DVD (first official, "debut" trailer)
- Sept. 2004 Famitsu Wave DVD (2nd trailer, from E3 2k4, tho sadly had VHS quality)
- Weekly Famitsu Capcom Special Issue (JPN Bio4 demo, high quality E3 trailer)
- Jan. 2005 Famitsu Wave DVD (hopefully it's the 3rd trailer, from TGS 2k4)
- U.S. Resi4 demo

Offline zelos_rules

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 09, 2004, 11:18:14 AM »
Hey has anyone here ever ordered off www.lik-sang.com? Im planning on buying Resident Evil 4 from there and I want to know how long it will take to ship and how much the total cost will be, I dont understand all the mumbo jumbo on the page and im wondering if any of u can help me. I live in Melbourne, Australia incase any of you were wondering.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #973 on: December 09, 2004, 01:09:04 PM »
I'm a recurring Lik-Sang customer living in the U.S.  I've mostly bought Japanese magazines and small Dreamcast accessories.  On average, my orders arrive 2 full weeks after I receive the email announcing it's been shipped -- all this considering it must travel from Hong Kong, across the Pacific, to California.  From Hong Kong to Australia, I'd imagine would have a shorter shipping time, but an actual Australian Liksang customer would give you a better estimate.

Standard Air Mail shipping for 1 magazine costs me US$4.

Liksang usually sells new JPN or US games for roughly US$60, while it costs US$50 for people in the States.  A $10 increase.

But since you want Resi4, I guess you're in luck.
Resi4 Liksang

Liksang's currently offering the game (pre-order) with Free shipping worldwide, for a limited time, so your TOTAL cost will only be about US$60.

~~~~~

As an alternative, Play-asia.com is offering Resi4 for just US$50, and US$3 for worldwide shipping.  Play-Asia is also based in Hong Kong, i think, and this might ultimately be cheaper.  Another good store.
Resi 4 Play Asia  

Offline joeposh

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 09, 2004, 01:18:43 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
I just bought (as opposed to bid) one of those demos off eBay for $24.  Still cheaper than buying the "Pure Evil" box set for just the demo.  It's kinda silly seeing the latest bids go over $25 when there's a few "buy it now" listings still available for only $20+shipping.

Cumulatively, I've spent well over $100 on this phenomenon called "Resident Evil 4" over the past year, and yet I still don't have the actual game.

- May 2004 Famitsu Wave DVD (first official, "debut" trailer)
- Sept. 2004 Famitsu Wave DVD (2nd trailer, from E3 2k4, tho sadly had VHS quality)
- Weekly Famitsu Capcom Special Issue (JPN Bio4 demo, high quality E3 trailer)
- Jan. 2005 Famitsu Wave DVD (hopefully it's the 3rd trailer, from TGS 2k4)
- U.S. Resi4 demo

No offense but you buying it for 24 dollars is kind of silly... all you had to do was go to Gamestop or EB, but 5 bucks towards a pre-order and they'd give it to you... you don't have to pick up the game if you don't want to, worst case scenario your out 5 bucks but get a demo disk.