Author Topic: The official NWR joycon graveyard.  (Read 3479 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 76
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: The official NWR joycon graveyard.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 05:58:30 PM »
I think they drift is such a widespread thing that user habits aren't a major contributing factor.  Plus, the way it happens has to do with the design of the inner parts, so it's definitely a design flaw.

That being said, I only use a case when I travel.  I used to ride public transportation to work and would have it just in my bag. 
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: The official NWR joycon graveyard.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »
I am so let down by Nintendo and the quality of their products in a physical sense. Remember when Nintendo Power would run those pics people had mailed in of GameBoys that had been set on fire, ran over by cement trucks etc and still worked?

Yeah flash forward 25 years and my 2DS breaks for no reason 1 day after the 90 day warranty expired.

My pro controller was the first joystick to drift. Well fine. I wanted one of those cool Zelda themed wired controllers anyway. Then the joycons start going down on my kid's switch. Nintendo fixes them for free but what a headache.

Then my joycons go down. Corona hits and the repair plant shuts down so I'm screwed. I go and buy these cool knock off GameCube styled joycons and they honestly rock except that there is no HD rumble so I just turned the rumble off. Fishing in AC is insane without HD rumble.

Then I learn the cotton swab and rubbing alcohol trick and it fixes my old joycons (still use the GCN styled ones. The button layout still feels too right in my hands) and then the  damn joystick starts going out on the Switch Lite I bought less than a month before for my wife so she could have her own AC Island.

Again the swab trick worked but this is getting a little ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 04:51:31 PM by Rancid Planet »