Author Topic: Mad Max Movies  (Read 1808 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Mad Max Movies
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:37:54 PM »
So, Mad Max 5 is back on.

I hope they recast Max. Fury Road was fantastic, but I feel like Tom Hardy was miscast. They need somebody who isn't a huge name involved in various tent-pole  franchises.

I also guessone of the reasons Mad Max is back on because George Miller is involved with Village Roadshow and Joker made Village Roadshow 500 million dollars.

I cosplayed as Max once

I was so drunk

« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:40:06 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Max Movies
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 05:49:16 PM »
Fury Road blew me away. I went in not knowing anything about it, and was completely impressed. Here's hoping they can catch that same magic in the next movie.

Also, your costume looks awesome. Must have been a lot fun!  :D
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
I loved Fury Road and loved the story it told.  I am curious on how they are going to make a sequel out of it if it is a sequel. Fury Road was a very complete story. 
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
Furiosa: Fury Road (with a very special appearance by Max Rockatansky) was excellent.
I loved Fury Road and loved the story it told.  I am curious on how they are going to make a sequel out of it if it is a sequel. Fury Road was a very complete story.
Aren’t these movies largely standalone stories? I’ve only seen Fury Road from beginning to end so I’m not entirely sure. It was just the impression I got.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 08:52:52 PM »
I guess from a story perspective they are all stand alone movies and what I mean by that is there is a particular theme to each movie is similar to the last.  Aside from the 1st movie where Max only gets mad in the 3rd act from Road Warrior, Beyond ThunderDome and Fury Road it usually involves Max coming across a situation where folks need some help and then Max helps them but the 2nd and 3rd movies it involved his "stuff" where as Fury Road was about personhood and helping the gals keep themselves safe. 

Lindsey Ellis did a wonderful overview of the series as a whole which for those who are interested in the new movie might want to watch.

For BnM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C047mGP6i4
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:59:22 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.