Author Topic: Soul Calibur II tricks and strategy thread  (Read 3304 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
Soul Calibur II tricks and strategy thread
« on: September 14, 2003, 08:55:38 PM »
 The coolest thing in SC2 is Nightmare's bag of tricks immediately following a standing B, like when you hit down+A before the move is over and he yells 'DIE' and whacks their legs out from under them. Most people are used to Nightmare just belting out B, B as fast as they can.

After you do that against a human like 5 times, they learn to block low, so you hit another standing B instead and hit them in the face.

After they get a clue, go back to hitting down+A after B; Nightmare still yells the "DIE!!" which provides them with the aural que to block low. EXCEPT! Immediately hit BACK and Nightmare immediately goes into night-behind-stance, and then you hit B to overhead-smack their crouching ass. It's a far more effective tactic than buying SC2 a week ago and saying "I'VE BEEN MASHING WITH MAXI AND KILIK FOR A WEEK IM PRETTY GOOD I BET I CAN BEAT U" to people on IRC who have been playing for over a year.

Oh.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Soul Calibur II tricks and strategy thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2003, 07:29:24 PM »
Try changing to one of Nightmare's side stances while sidestepping. It does a rad fakeout.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Soul Calibur II tricks and strategy thread
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 07:38:16 PM »
Mitsurugi is a newb killer because 4 times out of 5 a newb will just run at you tapping an attack button without moving around in the 3D environment , and as long as you Relic (Back A+B) + B, you will hit them every, single, time.  I bet a newb doing nothing but that.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 07:40:04 PM »
Oh, and Mitsu's Wind Hole Vortex (Back +B, hold option) has longer range than many people expect, especially since he takes a step back.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 08:15:47 AM »
My favorite newb killer is doing Xiangua's flail thing.  Down-away A+B then tap A+B.  It works so well against mashers and really pisses them off because they often can't figure out how to do a low enough attack to stop you from nipping at their heels.  Very entertaining, though not really a great skill.  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 01:37:08 PM »
My favorite thing to do is use Talim's front flip over my friends' heads...Though it doesn't work against the cpu as an offensive move, it leaves human players completely open to attack from behind...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline The Chosen One

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2003, 05:48:26 AM »
i beg to differ.  Link has one of the coolest moves.  when tou hold up and press and hold B, he will do like a sword uppercut and the opponent will fly in the air meanwhile if you held the B button he will draw his bow then press up and whichever direction you are facing. and he will fire and hit them while in the air... it looks awesome
"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

mr. Garrison

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 07:35:56 AM »
Errr, what is a good way to get rid of Kilik? My friend played a few rounds and now knows some really annoying and cheap combos (like forward+Horizontal). One combo is especially bad since it is executed with one or two buttons but hits five times, fast enough to not allow you to block once you're hit. The damn thing is also very fast to start and has a good range.

Oh, and I'm trying out Astaroth. Man, that guy has a LOT of unblockables!

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 08:29:22 AM »
The way i combat kilik and seung mina is to be either kilik or seung mina.  =P
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2003, 07:17:39 PM »
When I fight Kilik players in the arcade, I spend a lot of time, er, blocking, and actually keeping a distance (that may not benefit non-NM/astaroth players though olol). A lot of his combos are actually slow enough that you can block them and pick a hit to guard impact, like his slower five-strike combo, or that sweep combo he does.  

Offline BoB007

• Secret undercover Bob or something
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2003, 02:06:14 PM »
How many chapters are there in the weapon master thing?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2003, 04:39:51 PM »
quite a few...but not enough.  It would have taken a whole lot more development time, but that mode could have been sooooo much cooler with some of that intro quality fmv between them instead of all the reading.
---------------------

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2003, 04:18:15 AM »
Voldo's dive attack is good for newbs, as soon as you start hold down+right (diagonal) and press A+B. It has huge range too, he practically dives across the whole stage.

Offline CardBoardBox

• Official Forum Blast Processor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 05:33:36 PM »
Talim's side step: while pushing up or down on the control stick(so you would be moving around your opponent) press x and y at the same time and she should to a spin leaving the other person open for a beating  That is the only side step ive figured out...i dont even know if the others have one