Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 126131 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Is Your Body Ready?!?!
« Reply #525 on: January 18, 2019, 10:42:13 AM »
“Destroyed Skyworld” is the best remix in the game. Apparently, it was in Super Smash Bros. For Wii U. I have no idea why I never heard it until Ultimate because based on cursory research, it was available on For Wii U by default.

Lucina is still my first option though I’m really liking Palutena. They made her actually viable in Ultimate by improving her hitboxes. I need to get better with her neutral air. I read Peach (and by extension, Daisy, the better princess) is a combo-fiend. I’m still trying to figure out how to use her. My Squad Strike team of Lucina, Palutena, and Daisy has been derisively referred to as “Team Waifu” by friends.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 20, 2019, 10:35:33 AM »
It was surprising satisfying to come up with rule sets in classic smash to make the challenges easier.  I envision the only one I may hammer is the 9.9 intensity.  And perhaps two of the century smashes if I loose patience.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 20, 2019, 10:36:39 AM »
It was surprising satisfying to come up with rule sets in classic smash to make the challenges easier.  I envision the only one I may hammer is the 9.9 intensity.  And perhaps two of the century smashes if I loose patience.

You can't hammer that one, unfortunately. I would have used one on that as well.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 20, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »

You can't hammer that one, unfortunately. I would have used one on that as well.

Just use Ganondorf, he makes the Classic on 9.9 very doable.  I did it my first try as him and even posted about it last month because I was surprised how powerful he is.  Seriously, his Forward Smash attack has insane KO power and will end the fights very fast.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 20, 2019, 07:01:14 PM »

Well that's unexpected... what's the point of them hammers then.

Just use Ganondorf, he makes the Classic on 9.9 very doable.  I did it my first try as him and even posted about it last month because I was surprised how powerful he is.  Seriously, his Forward Smash attack has insane KO power and will end the fights very fast.

I did horribly with Ganondorf when I tried WoL's challenge, perhaps it's just that I'm out of practice and he seems like his jumping is horrible.  That was my easy road to 3 meteor smashes, use Ganondorf on that level with the chasm in the middle and all pitfalls... poor Ganondorf.

I mainly play with Link and can do really well with him but it'll be tough to clear 9.9 I think.  Hmm, I wonder what minimum level you need to start at to get to 9.9 by the time you clear the last stage (assuming no deaths).  Is it 5.0? Or can you reach 9.9 while still starting at 4.5?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 07:05:57 PM by Shecky »

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:34 PM »
I mainly play with Link and can do really well with him but it'll be tough to clear 9.9 I think.  Hmm, I wonder what minimum level you need to start at to get to 9.9 by the time you clear the last stage (assuming no deaths).  Is it 5.0? Or can you reach 9.9 while still starting at 4.5?

The counter goes up depending on what your health percentage at the end of the fight is.  If you perfect a round with 0%, it goes up an entire 1.0 points.  I think if your under 50% I think it still go up 7-9 points.  When I used Ganondorf I started at 5.0 and had it up to 9.9 by the second to last fight.

So I imagine you could start at 4.0 you could still get it up to 9.9 by the end.  The key thing to remember is using a Smash Ticket doesn't dock your points if you continue so hopefully you have some saved for the last fight.  Master Hand and Crazy Hand were insanely cheap on 9.9 and I had to use 3 tickets to complete it but since they were tickets I wasn't docked anything so I still finished at 9.9 despite dying three time in the last fight.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 20, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »

The counter goes up depending on what your health percentage at the end of the fight is.  If you perfect a round with 0%, it goes up an entire 1.0 points.  I think if your under 50% I think it still go up 7-9 points.  When I used Ganondorf I started at 5.0 and had it up to 9.9 by the second to last fight.

So I imagine you could start at 4.0 you could still get it up to 9.9 by the end.  The key thing to remember is using a Smash Ticket doesn't dock your points if you continue so hopefully you have some saved for the last fight.  Master Hand and Crazy Hand were insanely cheap on 9.9 and I had to use 3 tickets to complete it but since they were tickets I wasn't docked anything so I still finished at 9.9 despite dying three time in the last fight.

Good to know about the smash ticket.  I always thought it was just for increased rewards, and always wondered why they were offered for continues.

I hate the Master/Crazy hand combo so I may try Link first as his boss is fairly easy to deal with (and I'm assuming there are no surprises at 9.9)

Edit: And I finished the first attempt at 9.8 after using one classic ticket on the boss with Link... unfortunately, that still impacts how much of a bonus you get from the fight and I was only at 9.6
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:11:27 AM by Shecky »

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 28, 2019, 12:42:06 AM »
2.0 patch hits soon, and I'm curious if the major rev bump will mean fighters get tweaked (nerf/buffs).  I was kind of hoping that they would let some more time go buy to really see how things settle before doing that.  A lot of folks complained about the newcomers being broken, but honestly none have seemed that terribly unfair.  I think the unfamiliarity throws folks off. 

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2019, 01:14:02 AM »
2.0 patch hits soon, and I'm curious if the major rev bump will mean fighters get tweaked (nerf/buffs).  I was kind of hoping that they would let some more time go buy to really see how things settle before doing that.  A lot of folks complained about the newcomers being broken, but honestly none have seemed that terribly unfair.  I think the unfamiliarity throws folks off. 

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43317

Actual 2.0 Patch notes

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:56 AM »
I don't think any of the newcomers are broken. They gave a number of veteran fighters stupid buffs and options, though.

Nice to see buffs across the board, more or less.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Shecky

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 30, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »
I don't think any of the newcomers are broken. They gave a number of veteran fighters stupid buffs and options, though.

Nice to see buffs across the board, more or less.

Yeah, it seems Mii Brawler got a ton of buffs and I thought he was already a hard hitter (with a lot of combos for seasoned players)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 30, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »
Nintendo dropped this 15 minute video for Joker and a bunch of other info for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (e.g. stage builder).

Direct Link/for BnM

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2019, 10:42:18 PM »
They did this kind of quietly, no?  I remember the last Direct said there would be a focused announcement for the update in April, but then they just dropped this out of nowhere.

Joker looks like a pretty fun character, but we are now t-minus 10 months before the last character is supposed to launch, and 4 of them haven't been announced.  Hopefully we'll see two in the E3 direct.

Weird that the Mii Fighter costumes DLC pack isn't included and kind of a bummer.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
Yeah, I feel the Miis related to Persona should have been part of that fighter bundle, or maybe tossed in as a bonus for those that purchased the fighter pass. Unless there is one I really want, I'm going to wait to get any of them, because I'm sure they will eventually offer a bundle of all the Mii packs.

I thought for sure the ending was going to reveal or at the least tease who the next fighter was going to be. Agree that the next two or three should be shown at E3. I'm sure they are working on all of them simultaneously to some degree so I expect news and releases to ramp up as time progresses.

Also hoping the "datamining" rumors turn out to be true and we will be getting additional fighter passes. I think it would be great to hit an even 100 fighters, and it would certainly prolong interest in the game for the rest of the Switch's life since that would probably take another year or so to develop.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #540 on: April 17, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
I was expecting tease too.  I'm starting to wonder if the idea that one of them has to be a GenVIII Pokemon means that we won't get the last one until those games come out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 20, 2019, 03:50:56 AM »
Personally, I'm expecting E3 to reveal the other 4 DLC characters but maybe Nintendo will keep doling them out slowly.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2019, 04:02:18 AM »
Also, I'm guessing that with the reveal of the Tails and Knuckles Mii Fighter costumes that the possibility of Tails being a fighter has now become zero.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 20, 2019, 08:37:54 AM »
Top 3 themes for user-created stages online: Steamed Hams, dicks, 9/11
Top downloadable Mii fighters online: Hitler
What a time to be alive!
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 20, 2019, 10:22:34 AM »
Top 3 themes for user-created stages online: Steamed Hams, dicks, 9/11
Top downloadable Mii fighters online: Hitler
What a time to be alive!
Version 3.0.1 Patch Notes

General
  • Stage Builder has been removed from Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
  • All custom stages have been purged from the servers and users' Nintendo Switch devices.
  • All replays on custom stages have been purged from the servers and users' Nintendo Switch devices.
  • You turned this beautiful gift into a nightmare.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 20, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
Swapnote died in vaaaaiiiiinnnnnn!!!!!!!! No lessons were leeeeaaaaarrrrrnnnnneeeeddddd!!!!!!!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 20, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Huh, it actually isn't as bad as I was expecting...

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2019, 02:05:59 AM »
Hmm Hitler & dicks is about right. Didn't see the 9/11 stages coming though.

Since there's no more music CDs to collect I'm guessing the "factory" stages didn't make a return.
Mission...complete?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2019, 11:03:59 PM »
Also, I'm guessing that with the reveal of the Tails and Knuckles Mii Fighter costumes that the possibility of Tails being a fighter has now become zero.

I'd assume that as well.  I'd also reason the DLC will all be franchises new to Smash.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »

I'd assume that as well.  I'd also reason the DLC will all be franchises new to Smash.

Agreed, holding out hope the other 4 are from 3rd parties and we get additional surprise DLC fighters from the 1st party roster to round things out. I think 20 more fighters would about cover everyone most deserving of a place while also saving room for a few fun picks like Piranah Plant and Duck Hunt Dog. Plus 100 is about the point we would potentially be hitting critical mass on character balance if we haven't already hit it.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast