Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 50376 times)

Offline nickmitch

• Some cunning linguist to help you distinguish what is proper English
  • Score: 72
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Is Your Body Ready?!?!
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2019, 07:00:19 AM »
20 is a lot, and I think Sakurai and the team spend a lot of time already balancing the current roster.  Honestly, I'm happy that we're getting a total of 6 DLC fighters already (with the two released).  If Sakurai added another, I'd be thrilled, but I wouldn't expect it.

Homerun Contest and maybe a return of Smash Run would be great though.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2019, 12:16:57 PM »
The balance has turned out so well for the majority of the cast this time around I bet they could get away with 100 total characters and still end up with no character completely dominating over everyone else.

There are no Metaknights, Diddy Kongs, or Bayonettas this time around and it's absolutely amazing. Sakurai letting a team of balancers take care of all that themselves has been a blessing!

Bring on more fighter passes I say and for corn sakes get Dixie Kong in there!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 14, 2019, 08:28:04 PM »
I hope Banjo has a polar bear skin.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #553 on: June 14, 2019, 08:42:55 PM »
Not a thing I knew I wanted until now. Thank you.

Offline Khushrenada

• Adequate Moderator
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC
« Reply #554 on: June 15, 2019, 12:52:51 AM »
I'd say that with the addition of the DragonQuest Hero, we can finally put an end to Geno ever being in Smash. At this point, I don't think we will see any other Nintendo characters added in the DLC. I think it is going to all be 3rd Party so that Ultimate will continue to further add to its stature of the biggest gaming crossover in history. There is always the next Smash Bros. to add in more Nintendo characters especially since there's a good chance many of the 3rd party characters for Ultimate won't be returning for such a future installment.
1991 - 2014 Nintendo World Champion.
NWR's Greatest Jeopardy Champion.
The Game Award's World's Best Gamer 2014 - 2018.
Winner of NWR's Best Poster from 2006 - 2019
Winner of NWR's Worst Moderator from 2016 - 2019

Offline Super KYTim89

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 15, 2019, 03:54:59 AM »
Just give me Battletoads in Smash and I will be happy.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #556 on: June 15, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
I'd say that with the addition of the DragonQuest Hero, we can finally put an end to Geno ever being in Smash. At this point, I don't think we will see any other Nintendo characters added in the DLC. I think it is going to all be 3rd Party so that Ultimate will continue to further add to its stature of the biggest gaming crossover in history. There is always the next Smash Bros. to add in more Nintendo characters especially since there's a good chance many of the 3rd party characters for Ultimate won't be returning for such a future installment.

Plus with the 3rd parties you get the added benefit of having some cross-promotion.  Unless Nintendo plans on doing anything else with that character, he's got no meaningful shot at being DLC.  The only outlier might be Banjo and Kazooie, but they count as an extreme level of fan service.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 15, 2019, 11:48:03 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if there's an N64 Classic in the works that will have Banjo-Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing with maybe some other Rare games.  Nintendo knows Rare's lineup was a huge part of that system so you need some Rare games if you release it.  There was also rumors of Rare Replay coming to the Switch around the same time Cuphead was a rumor.  Well Cuphead ended up coming true there's a good chance Rare Replay could come as well.

Of course it should also be noted that Iwata did say he regrets not finding a way to keep the Banjo-Kazooie IP when they sold their shares of Rare to Microsoft back in 2002.  I imagine Sakurai knows this as well as other higher ups at Nintendo so there was probably a good amount of emotion at Nintendo to get Banjo in this just from that fact alone.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai