Author Topic: No Wii U or 3DS Games from Ubisoft at E3 2014  (Read 7209 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: No Wii U or 3DS Games from Ubisoft at E3 2014
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 12:25:29 PM »
can't imagine Sony or MS surviving out of their own games with little or no 3rd party support.

This.  Folks wonder why Nintendo doesn't hand out moneybags for third parties - they don't have to (and when they do, they end up in messes like they are in now).  Sony and Microsoft would tank without third party support (in fact, the gaming divisions in both companies are floundering right now - the mainstream gaming media just doesn't pick up on that since they can hide it better via their other divisions).  Nintendo can and has survived on little-to-no third party support (GameCube, N64).
Its moreso sony can hide the embers brewing in their gaming division with the wildfires that have engulfed everything else they do.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 01:11:42 PM »
Guys, it's because Nintendo is going to be rounding up ALL the remaining 3rd party support and housing it in their Nintendo booth at E3. Nintendo wanted to make the biggest impact possible by housing everything you can do on a Nintendo system in the Nintendo booth.
It's a bold move, but Nintendo can pull it off. Best E3 Yet. guaranteed. [/blindfaith/shininglightatendoftunnel]

I actually could see all the remaning third party support being shown at Nintendo's booth... because there's so little of it.

So replacing the Wii U will supposedly damange consumer trust.  And getting to the point where Nintendo is the only Wii U developer won't do that?  Nintendo already has a bad reputation for having terrible third party support so do we let it get worse?  How do they ever bounce back if at some point the Wii U release schedule does become literally four or five games a year or major retailers stop carrying it because it has too few games?  Or is just over for Nintendo on consoles?

Personally I'm less likely to buy any future Nintendo consoles if the Wii U limps around with jack **** support for five years.  By then Nintendo will have a "oh are they still here?" reputation and I'll assume that their next console won't sell and won't have any support and thus isn't a worthwhile investment.  If they replace it sooner they stand some chance to salvage some relevency and not let the world forget about them while Sony and MS build up their userbase.

Nintendo ditched the Virtual Boy when it flopped.  IBM dropped the PC Jr. and it didn't hurt the reputation of their main PC products.  Dud products get canned.  It happens and isn't always a death sentence.  Remember that Sega was in poor financial shape when they released the Dreamcast while Nintendo is not (yet).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »
I don't think I care about Ubisoft, but there are other companies I care about not having.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 71
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 09:50:09 PM »
Nintendo can and has survived on little-to-no third party support (GameCube, N64).

The N64 and Gamecube were still getting annual sports titles and a few bones from 3rd parties. The WiiU isn't even getting those.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
It's funny.  Everyone says people who own Wii U's only buy Nintendo games.  Looking at my shelf, my mix of games are 1/2 Nintendo, 1/2 3rd party.  [size=78%]I guess I'm the exception, not the rule.[/size]

Ubi isn't my favorite 3rd party, but Zombi U was an interesting take on the survival genre, and Rayman Legends was great.  I hate how the Wii U is dying on the vine, because in spite of my problems with it, I really do like the system.

I disagree, I think the majority of us left because of the lack of third party games. I love Nintendo games but I don't love every game they make and I like games made by other companies nearly as much as Nintendo. Wii had third party support it just had crap support because it was all the market wanted. Wii U is just a dud. Also with Wii you at least had the Virtual Console to hold you over between releases, Wii U apparently is kind of lacking in that area.

I won't say they need to replace it or die or that if it fails they are dead, but I can't see them limping along forever. I am still interested in Hyrule Warriors but now I am thinking it would be best to snatch some of these games now, console or not, before the Saturn-like rarity turns them into valuable collectibles.
Trying to be a better person, honest.