Author Topic: Ouya  (Read 100419 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Ouya
« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2013, 11:49:48 AM »
But then you have companies like Nintendo who still pimp their old games out as much as they can.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 08, 2013, 04:50:18 PM »
I do think firmware updates will fix a lot of the problems reviewers have with the OUYA.  Of course, for OUYA, that's horrible when they haven't even done the official release yet.  But for the Wii U, it's okay, because it's Nintendo.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2013, 05:33:42 AM »
This kid is just precious.

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 14, 2013, 01:11:32 PM »
I wonder how old that kid is.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 14, 2013, 09:21:10 PM »
I couldn't stop chuckling at how he said Nvidia. It's an odd name, I know.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #255 on: April 14, 2013, 09:30:46 PM »
Sounds like he's around 12 to 14 years old, I'd say.

Is 50% correct concerning what share Microsoft take? Sheesh.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:32:28 PM by Racht »
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #256 on: April 14, 2013, 10:12:43 PM »

That kid knows ****. You should have taken that when he said "there are gonna be Triple A games on it, like... I don't know, but there will be". It's cute that he thinks Ouya will be a big success and that it will be able to compete with real consoles.

Microsoft takes 30%, not 50%.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 14, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
Nintendo said the same thing about the Wii U :(
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2013, 04:08:38 PM »
As if the Ouya wasn't already having problems, benchmark tests show it is already lagging far behind  other Android devices technically. Futuremark rated 258 Android devices, and Ouya was ranked #78 (behind mobile phones like the HTC One and LG Nexus 4, and tablets like Sony Xperia Tablet Z). With all the problems it already has, and now confirmation that it's already lagging far behind other Android devices in sheer technical capability, I think the chances of Ouya succeeding when it released to the general public in June are very low.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-16-ouya-beaten-by-phones-in-benchmark-tests?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=us-daily
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 17, 2013, 12:13:15 PM »

That kid knows ****. You should have taken that when he said "there are gonna be Triple A games on it, like... I don't know, but there will be". It's cute that he thinks Ouya will be a big success and that it will be able to compete with real consoles.

Microsoft takes 30%, not 50%.

People had doubts about smartphone games competing with handhelds, and look how big the mobile gaming industry has become. Handhelds have gone back to being a niche product (outside of Japan), while mobile games are the new standard. The Android enthusiasts think this OUYA will succeed because (to them) Android rules all.

I can't wait to see all the unstable apps and games that constantly crash due to unoptimized coding and inefficient developers. Imagine playing Call of Duty 17 and the game crashes, sending you to the Home menu.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:28:55 PM by tendoboy1984 »
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »
People said smartphones would take down handhelds, that has not happened.

Ouya may be a "success" in the way that people who like it will be happy, but I think it will be like the Dreamcast in that people who like it are happy but overall it's a failure in terms of sales. I just dont see who this will really appeal to since it's so niche. Heck, you could get a Android tablet for under $200 that does more than Ouya does.

Offline Fjurbanski

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2013, 05:05:14 PM »
Eh, Ouya just never had a place to begin with, and it definitely doesn't have a place now. It's main selling points are what? Hackability and Indie game? Well People already had that on the PC. So then it's only selling point was to be a cheaper home for indies, but with how Nintendo and Sony have been working with indies lately, they're basically stealing Ouya's spotlight. That and, if the mass consumer can't even figure out what a Wii U is and why they should buy one, Ouya would have to spend some major marketing bucks to get people to even realize it exists. Then more to get people to think they might actually want one (which, very few people would).

Obviously I can't say anything for sure yet, but the way I see it Ouya has been destined to fail from the beginning.
Add me on Wii U. : ) --> FJUrban

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2013, 05:18:54 PM »
i've been watching videos the last couple of days from people who got it early

the pros
its a fun little toy to tinker with, its cheap, and it has some uses like emulating and watching movies

the cons
its cheaply made, the controller is awful

other cool features
you can use a ps3 or xbox 360 controller
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2013, 02:14:57 AM »
This post is being made from an ouya. So far the gears of wars clone was pretty fun to play. I checked out twitch tv for 15 minutes before i determined it was weird. I am having a hell of a time trying to get roms to work.

update: Now i got roms to work. Now im working on sideloading thing to be more efficient.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 04:03:27 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2013, 09:41:12 AM »
Might get one very soon to take on vacation in a couple weeks. Too bad my car DVD player doesn't have HDMI input, it would be awesome for my daughter to play in the back on the trip...guess I'll hook up the Wii instead.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
My Ouya I played with a little the first day I got it.  Found the update process the most entertaining thing on the system.  Twitch.TV app was terrible.  Haven't played the Gear of Wars clone yet or done any roms.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »
The Twitch app on Ouya sucks and showcases the laziness of the company. All they did was port the ios/Android app and didn't change the interface for a TV or add to it.

I mean they probably couldn't use the same interface but since Ouya and Twitch were hyping this up, it would be like the Xbox App.
http://blog.twitch.tv/2013/05/announcing-the-twitch-app-for-xbox-live/

Still want one for emulation purposes.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »
It's funny. There isn't anything on Ouya that appeals to me, especially since ROMs seem to be the biggest feature for gamers so far. Yet I find myself interested in and rooting for the little console anyway.

Any selling point and I'd probably end up buying in - heck, just offering an app for the ubiquitous Netflix service would probably be enough to draw me in.

When will hardware updates happen?  Maybe that will be my target to see if the services offered make it worth buying.
NNID: ejamer

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:28 PM »
Towerfall looks cool but not to buy what looks like a flop.

Not really sure how they will go about updating hardware. The funny thing is this thing is already two years out of date, running Tegra 3.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2013, 02:57:18 PM »
Tegra 3 came out in first quarter 2012.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2013, 05:05:21 PM »
Tegra 3 came out in first quarter 2012.

November 2011 actually.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
Excuse me, the first Tegra 3 device was released late December 2012 (ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime). I was going by fiscal quarters, which puts it at Q1 2012. I was off by 12 days. Thank you for checking Wikipedia.

Either way it's not two years out of date - there is no Tegra 4 device on the market yet, so 18 months into the cycle wouldn't be considered two years out of date.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
I have the opportunity to buy a very slightly used Ouya for $85. Worth it?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2013, 07:00:11 PM »
I'd buy it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:17 PM »
From what I have seen and heard and read about it, even $85 is over-priced (though it could be a collectors item, the way other failed systems like 3DO are).