Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 412836 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-E3: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
I really hope for Blu-ray sized cases. Isn't that the media format (or very similar) that we'll be using?
That's a really good idea. A different sized case will draw attention to Wii U games being different than the previous generation. Nintendo should still try to differentiate the insert design but making the actual cases a completely different size will help immensely, certainly more than how 3DS cases are simply slightly slimmer (and white).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:44:29 PM by Adrock »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
They could at least change the color of the cases from white to black or any color really (as long as it isn't purple ;) ). I personally wouldn't mind if they had the cases be a shiny metallic or even gold color... that would really make the Wii U games stand out on the shelves and grab people's attention, and who doesn't like shiny silver or gold as a color? But barring that, black would also be fine... that's a pretty neutral color that few would hate and is the opposite of white so no one would be confused.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »
I say go Minimilistic.

Actually I would like to see a U shaped case.  Have a DS sized Manual.

|<Manual> |
|<Manual> |
|<Manual/CD> |
\<CD> /
\___CD____/

So that the Disk would be at the curve of the U and the manual be at the top Square part and they overlap a little bit. 
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
Sonic & Allstar Racing: Transformed revealed for Wii U
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/06/alternate-sasr-transformed-trailer-officially-reveals-wii-u-version/

trailer was removed afterwards

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 02:17:48 PM »
Netflix on Wii U
 http://m.g1.globo.com/tecnologia/E3/2012/noticia/2012/06/no-wii-u-filmes-do-netflix-podem-ser-assistidos-em-tela-do-controle.html

You can switch between the tv and the umote as you please.
Pics at the link

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 02:36:02 PM »
/fap

Great news!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
I know they explicitly announced Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and Amazon Video support, but it's great to hear more about it.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 01:28:26 PM »
Lame looking kids game, white DVD case, Wii logo in the corner.  Looks like a typical Wii game.  If you mixed Wii U games with that kind of cover with Wii games on a shelf it would take effort for me to spot the Wii U games.  I could spot the difference between PS1, 2 and 3 games from across the room.

CNN thought the Wii U was a peripheral for the Wii and Nintendo was demoing the real system to them.  With THAT case and the current system design, no one but the most hardcore is going to know this is a new system... unless Nintendo really hits everyone over the head with "this is a new system, not a Wii accessory" in their ads.  I hope for their sake that this is just some mock-up done by a store or web site unaffiliated with Nintendo.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 02:04:01 PM »

Our first game from 2015 revealed
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/06/01/human-element-revealed.aspx

HumanElement is a zombie horror survival game.

ugg i've been burned out on the whole zombie theme for about 5 years now
From reading that article, it seems less about the zombies and more about the choices you make with other humans.  It sounds like it'll be closer to Last of Us than Resident Evil.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Wii U on Late Nite w/ Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
Reggie makes an appearance on Late Night with Jimmiy Fallon on Friday night to wrap up Videogames week.

But Jimmy accidentally calls Wii U "Something you add to your Wii"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v99rhmt6zd4q64p/Fallon-WiiU.m4v

which is all good, because Reggie later cam and directly called it a brand new system.

Reggie shows off a little Nintendo Land (Ninja Castle) & Zombi U (Zombification of Jimmy Fallon's face)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »
Not really surprised Fallon screwed up and got something wrong. Glad Nintendo is out there advertising Wii U on mainstream shows.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2012, 02:08:01 PM »
Unfortunately, Reggie can't be there every time someone messes things like this up. The fact that Nintendo made these specific choices is the part that boggles my mind. This shouldn't even be an issue. It's entirely self-inflicted.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
NFS: Most Wanted U?
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
LinkedIn profile from EA UK, aka Criterion, may hint towards NFS: Most Wanted coming to Wii U
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=6727889
Compétences et expertise

C C++ C# ARM PowerPC MIPS X86 68K WPF XAML MEL PS3 360 Wii Wii-U PC Mac PSP NDS iOS
source

now mix that with Amazon France listing the game for Wii U
http://www.amazon.fr/Need-for-Speed-most-wanted/dp/B0088XLFQE

And we may have just been tipped off to another upcoming game announcement
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:30:05 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2012, 04:56:47 PM »
Nintendo should fire their PR department.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 04:59:34 PM »
I miss Perrin.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U on Late Nite w/ Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2012, 08:44:37 PM »

Reggie shows off a little Nintendo Land (Ninja Castle) & Zombi U (Zombification of Jimmy Fallon's face)

Really? He couldn't show the game's actual gameplay? He just had to show a useless camera gimmick?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2012, 09:14:21 PM »

Really? He couldn't show the game's actual gameplay? He just had to show a useless camera gimmick?

It was an extremely short presentation. Reggie talked about the gameplay over some footage of the CG trailer that was the same as the one Nintendo showed in the press conference.

Offline cubist

• Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2012, 10:30:37 PM »
It wasn't all that bad. Reggie did a great job on Fallon (as he usually does). Seriously though, the Wii U's ability to have Arkham and Assassin's Creed III automatically makes this launch 100 times better than the waggle fest of the last generation.
NNID: Island_Gamer

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2012, 09:34:58 AM »
O think Reggie Dod a good job. The gallon segment convinced me pf nimtendoland giving me two reasons to buy a wii u that and ZombU. Everything else they have shown weren't reasons to get a wii u or show off the controller well.

Is Netflix switching. Between the Tv and tablet as well as controlling it from the tablet that Mubarak of a bog deal. I imagine smartglass will be able to do that as well.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »
It wasn't all that bad. Reggie did a great job on Fallon (as he usually does). Seriously though, the Wii U's ability to have Arkham and Assassin's Creed III automatically makes this launch 100 times better than the waggle fest of the last generation.

But batman is year old game who's only advantage seems to be hey dawg we heard you like 90s comics so we gave batman and catwoman people built around mobility stupid looking armor and wait you can control the your gear with motion.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 09:59:08 AM »
I like 90s comics.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 03:42:35 PM »
^^ I'll have what he's having!
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 04:15:36 PM »
Oh I like 90s comics and don't really see the stigma about them (helps I was born in 92 and didn't look at comics until bendis marvel era and reading monthlies until DCNU)

But ill say the 90s had some crappy costume design.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
Well I'm late to the "Jimmy Fallon thought it was a Wii accessory when Reggie is specifically showing it to him" party but HAHAHAHAHAHA!!  Okay, Nintendo, change the fucking packaging or the system's colour or SOMETHING.  Both CNN and Fallon got this wrong.  It's clearly going to be a problem.  If they named it something without "Wii" in the title NO ONE would goof this up.  As much as I hated the Nintendo Stream name at least no one would think that was a Wii accessory.  Nintendo has to be stupid or stubborn to ignore this.  The system isn't out yet!  You still have time to fix this!

The "bad answer" regarding the specs was really just him avoiding the question all together.  The truly bad answer would be "this is about on par with the PS3".  Of course I fear Nintendo's silence and "we just want to concentrate on the games" excuses points to inferior specs that will come across as last gen compared to the 720 and PS4.  Nintendo is either intentionally hiding the specs because they're weak or they're too stupid to realize that that is exactly what their actions look like and that that is not a good thing.  Nothing would address the issue better than to have specs that look like they'll compete in the longrun and to confirm that they have them.  If you have the bucket of water, why not put out the fire?  The natural assumption is that you don't put the fire out because you can't.

Aside from "yes, we have the specs and they're awesome" there is no way to not give a bad answer to this question.