Author Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising to Use Circle Pad Pro  (Read 7986 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Kid Icarus: Uprising to Use Circle Pad Pro
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »
If that's true, I am starting to get sad because Kid Icarus is a series that I would love to see succeed and lead to several sequels.  But between the CCP "half" answer to the request and this thing?  It seems like Nintendo is unwittingly placing nails in the KI coffin and just waiting for gamers to nail them down  :'( :'( :'(

How is bundling a stand going to hurt the game sales?  This last gen has taught us the complete opposite, where basically ever game Nintendo bundles with something sells really well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 04:53:14 AM »
Its important that this stand be compatible with the CPP because the game allows you to use both, but can you use both at the same time? That's the question. I also wonder if its going to be compatible with future 3DS revisions down the road. I really hated how the DSi made a lot of things like the rumble pak peripheral unusable. I hope Nintendo's engineers have thought this stand through and future proofed it with the inevitable revisions which will come.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 09:07:16 AM »
Nintendo should have put a stylus on the right side of the CPP since it blocks the one in the 3DS.

But this stand should work fine with the CPP, except for the fact that you need to take your stylus out ahead of time and set it somewhere you can access it if you are supposed to switch from buttons to stylus controls and back again (I don't know anything about the game outside of a few pics I've seen).

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »
Its important that this stand be compatible with the CPP because the game allows you to use both, but can you use both at the same time? That's the question. I also wonder if its going to be compatible with future 3DS revisions down the road. I really hated how the DSi made a lot of things like the rumble pak peripheral unusable. I hope Nintendo's engineers have thought this stand through and future proofed it with the inevitable revisions which will come.

It's a hunk of plastic with a little shelf on it; the word "compatible" doesn't really apply.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:46:30 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
It is just a hunk of plastic, but it still has to line up properly with the 3DS so it can snap onto it.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 01:11:47 PM »
It's literally a plastic shelf. There is nothing to "snap" onto. Go look at the picture again.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:13:26 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
@ Luigi Dude

You're right - in theory, more can't be a bad thing.  I'm just concerned that between the CCP and this stand people (outside of online forums) will start perceiving that the game may "need" these peripheral helps and is thus fundamentally flawed in some way and not necessarily worth purchasing.

Did that make sense?

It's not a train of thought I expect everyone to ride.  But I am just overly concerned about this game because it means so much to me!!!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 03:42:19 PM »
It's literally a plastic shelf. There is nothing to "snap" onto. Go look at the picture again.

Okay, but with the CPP the 3DS becomes much thicker. Is it still going to be able to sit securely on that little narrow shelf? That's the question that still remains unanswered.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »
Lefties represent.