Author Topic: Hoping For Rain: Is Operation Rainfall a Failure or is There Still Hope?  (Read 52111 times)

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
Re: Hoping For Rain: Is Operation Rainfall a Failure or is There Still Hope?
« Reply #200 on: September 07, 2012, 04:09:26 AM »
Any chance that Atlus could pick up Pandora's Tower?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 07, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »
Any chance that Atlus could pick up Pandora's Tower?

They could, but they're not going to. This game was dead in the water in NA when XSEED announced they weren't touching it before they'd even seen the sales of The Last Story (which probably speaks volumes about how well that game is selling as well, since it's the kind of game that would see most of its sales on pre-orders).

Plus, Atlus has a lot on their plate just supporting the handhelds right now, especially with their favorite child Persona 4 coming out on Vita in the next few months.  If Pandora's Tower were going to be released in NA, it would have to hit this Fall because I don't see there being any noteworthy software being on Wii once Wii U launches.  Import the game if you want it, because that's the only way you're going to be able to play it in NA barring an unprecedented and unlikely eShop release on Wii U.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 07:48:55 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2012, 01:19:22 PM »
Even if it doesn't come to the Wii, there's a good chance it can come to the Wii U later on. Perhaps as a digital download? If its a straight up port that would be fine, but if they added in accomplishments and HD graphics that would make it even better.
is your sanity...

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »
Maybe they'll do a Wii Import collection on the Wii U where they take two or three games taht were released in Europe but not the US and bundle them together in one package.  Or they could just have a Wii VC on the Wii U and release Pandora's Tower as an import.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2012, 03:37:05 PM »
Maybe they'll do a Wii Import collection on the Wii U where they take two or three games taht were released in Europe but not the US and bundle them together in one package.

They wouldn't do that, because it would make Reggie look bad. They might bring the games, but they're not going to draw attention to the fact that other regions got them but NOA dropped the ball.
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
It wouldn't make Reggie look bad at all, he made the right business decision. It makes no sense at all to release a game if you expect to lose money on it. If anything, an executive who would do that should be fired. Doing that collection would be good as it would make Nintendo look good and give a great value for consumers.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2012, 07:41:39 PM »
I'm okay with missing out on Pandora's Tower, but I do wish Fatal Frame 2 were coming over. Too bad the Wii's rainy season is more or less over.