Author Topic: Remember to smite me.  (Read 14759 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Remember to smite me.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:40 AM »
I remember back when points meant something. You can ban people, change the word filter, and things like that at the cost of just a few points. It was great, but it didn't last long after I banned some junior forum member.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
I don't see what there is to sob about really.

I got 3 smites since yesterday, 3 SMITES!!! and honestly I don't really care.

on the other hand I also got 27 applauds, so I guess it all balances out in the end right?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »
You mean you actually pay that close of attention to what your points are?  I haven't even the foggiest idea where I'm at.  I'll have to look when I submit this post...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 07:02:06 AM »
To the last, I smite with thee; From Hell's heart, I smite at thee; For hate's sake, I smite my last breath at thee!
is your sanity...

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
Don't take the smite values so seriously. The whole thing is a metagame that only affects those who care about peer approval more than voicing opinions.

And back on topic, BnM2k1 is probably right about why I got a smiting. But I stand by my statement. If you honestly believe that the majority of people who install homebrew on their Wii consoles are using it for legal, or even quasi-legal, reasons then you are sorely deluded. That obviously doesn't mean everyone is bad... but there is something wrong when I have to argue with my wife about buying a $5 or $10 game because I'm the only person she knows with a Wii who actually pays for software.
NNID: ejamer

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:53 PM »
I don't know if the system NWR uses allow it, but some messageboards that have a similar system informs a person white you applaud or smite them along with an optional message (it also only lets you take action with a specific post once). I agree with the option of getting rid of the smiting and only allowing applauding. Maybe have it so that the more applauds you have, the more influence you have.

And I am 99.9% sure I am one of those two people Morari constantly smites (whether I did something to deserve it or not).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »
No, giving it any kind of meaning is only going to increase the bitching.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »
Got a good laugh out of this thread. 

"boo hoo my e-peen is shrinking because everyone is smiting meeeeeeeeee!"

Want to stop getting smites?  Quit being a complete ideologue about something that is supposed to be fun to discuss (Video Games)

That being said, I haven't been granted any smiting/applauding powers, which makes me a sad panda.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
I believe that there's a 1,000 post threshold before you can get them.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »
The fact TJ Spyke's negative score is so high doesn't surprise me at all, but what does surprise me is that his positive score is so high. He has a higher positive score than BnM for crying out loud. How the heck can that be right? He must have a dupe account he's using to boost himself.

I was having what I thought was a civil discussion with him and then for no reason he smited me and left. I guess he had no more arguments left so he resorted to childishness.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:39:19 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
I didn't smite you, and I am browsing several sites right now (so excuse me for not responding right away).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
If that's the truth then go ahead and smite me because I deserve it for accusing you falsely.

Edit: That's right, you can't because you have to wait an hour. That proves you did it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:59:34 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
HOLY **** SHUT UP

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »
Chozo I smitted you a little while ago because you kept on talking about your score. Its a number on a forum. It isn't that big of a deal. Unless you have some low self esteem it isn't that big of a deal.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
HOLY **** SHUT UP

No. Because the more fuss that gets made about the karma thing the more likely it becomes that it will get removed or fixed. Plus its not like someone held a gun to your head and forced you to enter this thread.
is your sanity...

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 03:19:44 PM »
HOLY **** SHUT UP

No. Because the more fuss that gets made about the karma thing the more likely it becomes that it will get removed or fixed. Plus its not like someone held a gun to your head and forced you to enter this thread.
Chozo you can PM the mods and admins about this instead of bringing it out into the open and making a big deal about it. Maybe you have some ideas how to fix it. I haven't really seen you or many other people suggest how to fix it. Just senseless complaining...
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
HOLY **** SHUT UP

This is not at all true. The more you bitch about it, the more against removing it I become. Nintendo World Report does not negotiate with terrorists.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 09:56:34 PM »
If I am a terrorist can I have my title thing changed to something cool to reflect that? I am tired of being on shyguy's list by executive decision. I don't even know what that even is.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:59:28 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »
This new title will do. Saves me from having to put it in my signature. I remember the golden age of this site way back before the karma thing existed. It is my hope one day we will return to that golden era.
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
Hm.  Wonder what the criteria is for an individual to get their smites removed.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »
I didn't ask for my smites to be removed, so I don't know who did it or why. I just want the whole thing to be scraped for everyone, not just for myself. The only thing the smiting system serves is a tool for cyber bullying, and I personally don't think cyber bullying is ever a good thing.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 02:45:47 PM »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
I know no one really cares about points, but I've been handing out applauses left and right for all MFT participants.

SUPER has gone from +50 to +63
and even Morari has gone from +41 to +50

the longer you're involved the more applauses you receive since I just go down the list of who has MFT'd a movie everytime I remember/enter the thread.

Still looking for participants if anybody wants to counter act that smite score. ;)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2011, 03:31:14 AM »
You guys are slacking. On the first few days of my negative score being reset I got a flood of smites, but its slacked off since then. At this rate its going to take a long time for me to get those 300+ smites I used to have back, so please pick up the pace and start hitting that smite button more often. Eventually I want to have the lowest score on the board, and only with your help can that goal be achieved. So you know what to do.
is your sanity...