Author Topic: GoldenEye 007 Review  (Read 7006 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: GoldenEye 007 Review
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:45 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that when using the Classic Controller Pro that Look Left/Right is unchangeably reversed from the current standard where pushing left turns left, pushing right turns right. So you play Call of Duty then play this, you will be turning the wrong way over and over and over.

As far as I know, with all the control options the game has, there is no fixing this, period.   Is there?

Looks like everyone will just have to use the pointer controls! ;)
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »
I'll be rockin' the online tonight. Can't wait. I'm making a Goldeneye Friend Code thread if there isn't one already.

Any news on this thread yet? I'd like to play with other NWR patrons!

Offline Hyawatta

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Site
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 12:38:44 PM »
GoldenEye LAN Party

We are trying to set up a “LAN” party for GoldenEye 007. We will get together on multiple TV’s in the same house, and join up in the same online game. We know that GoldenEye supports up to 8 players online and up to 4 players locally. We do not know if it supports all combinations of this.
Do we need 8 Wii’s and 8 TV’s in order to get our 8 players online?
Or can we have 4 Wii’s and 4 TV’s with 2 players on each system to get our 8 players online?
Or can we have 3 Wii’s and 3 TV’s with 2 players each on 2 systems and 3 players on 1 system to get our 8 players online?
Or can we have 2 Wii’s and 2 TV’s with 4 players on each system to get our 8 players online?
We must have this information in order to prepare the number of Wii’s, TV’s, and rooms to set up to play for the party.
Thank you.

P.S.
Can you find out if Conduit 2 has similar multiplayer options as well (just expanded up to 12 players instead of 8 )? Thank you.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 09:04:54 PM »
I just played this game at a friend's house and I hope this game sells a ton of games.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »
Do we need 8 Wii’s and 8 TV’s in order to get our 8 players online?
Yes.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
AFAIK the gameplay is different between splitscreen and online anyway.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »
I am god awful at FPS games.  Usually I'm the one shooting the floor or ceiling.  Do the pointer controls work like you point at the object you want to shoot and shoot or are the crosshairs fixed in the center of the screen and you move the screen around by moving the pointer? 

I'm tempted because I had fun playing online with NWR members for Monster Hunter, but I'd like to be at least competitive instead of just dieing all the time.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 02:51:16 AM »
Of course you shoot by pointing at what you shoot. You can adjust when your character will start turning (how close your pointer has to be to the screen edge), I prefer basically no deadzone.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 03:06:01 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that when using the Classic Controller Pro that Look Left/Right is unchangeably reversed from the current standard where pushing left turns left, pushing right turns right. So you play Call of Duty then play this, you will be turning the wrong way over and over and over.

*shrugs*

I played through the entire game with the Classic Controller Pro, and I observed no control issues with it.  Maybe it's been a while since I played Modern Warfare 2, but I didn't notice any control difference from what I'm used to.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.