Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Discussion  (Read 553246 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Nintendo 3DS Discussion
« Reply #1075 on: September 26, 2010, 05:21:28 PM »
The DS launch date was announced about 2 months before (on September 20, it launched November 21). Same thing for Wii, announced on September 14 and launched on November 14. So it's likely they will do the same for 3DS (I didn't count the revisions of the DS since they usually release those almost at the same time they are announced).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 26, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
Grab your salt containers cause it's rumored leak time:

Germany's Sunday edition of BILD says that 3DS is launching in Japan on Nov. 11th and Q1 2011 for Europe with the launch games of Mario Kart, Professor Layton & TLoZ: OoT 3D at the price point of 200€

199.99 USD. Pretty much guaranteed if this leak is true, and I would go as far as saying that it will release in North America this year because Europe is almost always last to get anything.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 26, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Isn't the 3DS Professor Layton game the 5th one?  We haven't gotten the fourth one yet (with the third *just* coming out.  I think it's a safe bet that Europe and the US won't be getting Layton at launch.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 26, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »
Mario Kart, and Ocarina of Time 3D should be enough for North America. Plus there's also whatever 3rd party releases that will be available at launch.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #1079 on: September 26, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »
Isn't the 3DS Professor Layton game the 5th one?  We haven't gotten the fourth one yet (with the third *just* coming out.  I think it's a safe bet that Europe and the US won't be getting Layton at launch.
Not necessarily since 1) they already had some of the puzzles at E3 2) Level 5 is starting to handle their own stuff 3) Nintendo might want to push it out for launch since it's a relatively simple game to produce aside from localization
But I wouldn't be surprised if that article is nothing more than speculation based on all of the hints already out there.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05:35 AM »
Look up, Uncle bob has the low down.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: September 27, 2010, 06:22:29 PM »
Prof. Layton info

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/27/level-5-president-on-making-a-better-professor-layton-for-americ/
Part of the second season will be The Mask of Miracle, the series' first foray on the Nintendo 3DS. "We were originally developing it as a Nintendo DS title, but decided to switch gears and develop it as a Nintendo 3DS title instead," Hino explained. "The game has really undergone some major changes as we've come to understand the capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS." Unfortunately, Hino wouldn't reveal much more about what we can expect from the 3DS sequel. He did offer this mysterious tease, though. "Even Professor Layton's appearance is changing quite a bit, but you'll have to wait and see what I mean!"

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1082 on: September 27, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
The only thing containing my excitement for that game is the fact that I still don't have the new one. . .yet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 28, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
GAME UK says 3DS will launch in Europe in Spring 2011

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=266925
UK retailer GAME has said it expects the Nintendo 3DS to launch in Europe next year.

Speaking in an investor call this morning, the firm backed up recent reports that suggested the new handheld will launch this side of the Atlantic in Spring 2010.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 28, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »
Anybody know what time the Japanese conference starts so I can figure out what time eastern that is?  Figure out if I'm reading the news before bed or when I get up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 28, 2010, 11:54:49 AM »
Look back around midnight EST or 9pm PST

Conferences in '07 & '08 started around 1pm JAPAN TIME

Click for ---> JAPAN TIME

e: Looks like Capcom will also be announcing 2 NEW games around the same time as (or shortly after) the Fall Nintendo Conference.
http://twitter.com/CapcomEuro
Two new games announced tomorrow for the early birds amongst you here http://www.capcom-europe.com/blog at 7am

we can only assume that they will be 3DS related as I'm sure this 3DS embargo of info will be lifted as soon as Nintendo properly reveals the rest of the 3DS' secrets.[/quote]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 12:17:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 28, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
Thanks.  Midnight is about when I go to bed.  Guess I'll be groggy at work tomorrow.  Doubt I'll sleep after the excitement.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:29 PM »
According to a Nikkei Twitter feed, the conference won't actually start until 2pm JAPAN TIME or 10pm PST & 1am EST
http://twitter.com/Nikkei_TRENDY/status/25772860151
Quote from: Google Translation
What day will tomorrow Wednesday? The answer is Nintendo's presentation, "2010 Conference Nintendo" Day! Holiday centerpiece, 3D visuals play "Nintendo 3DS" details should be announced. On Twitter from 14:00 tomorrow, so live presentations and playing experience to enjoy. (Pound)

so just add an hour to the countdown timer.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #1088 on: September 28, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »
So, is that 1AM ET on Wednesday (i.e. 8 hours from now) or 1AM Thursday?

Either way, we won't get the news right away since only Japanese media will be allowed.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 28, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »
1am as in hours from now Eastern time and it's a bad translation by Google, but the twitter says that they will be updating the twitter with news as it happens so follow.

I'll post that translation in a second...
Quote from: Human Translation
What kind of day will Wednesday be? The answer is the day of Nintendo's presentation, "Nintendo Conference 2010"! With a focus on the end of year sales wars, details about the "Nintendo 3DS", on which you can play games in 3D, are supposed to be announced. Starting tomorrow at 2 PM, we will be tweeting the presentation and our play experiences in real time, so look forward to it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:19:06 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 28, 2010, 06:40:55 PM »
Let me clarify: Nintendo has never been about doing something only for the looks. All the decisions you mentioned had a purpose beyond looks, especially the DS Lite, which fixed some issues that the original DS model had.
Except they could have done those fixes and placed them into the original DS.  They decided they wanted a more Apple look to the DS though and so looks were a big purpose with the DSL. In fact, the DSL looks were a big part of that change.  It's the first design which Nintendo went for a less rugged and sturdy design in their handhelds and that passed on to the Wii.
No company is all about looks.  Otherwise, they won't be around very long.  But looks are very important to most companies mainly for marketing purposes. If a kid doesn't look cool holding this item, there is a likelyhood that said kid will not buy the product or get his parents to buy it for him.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 28, 2010, 06:47:59 PM »
Except they could have done those fixes and placed them into the original DS.
That would have made it cost too much, they had to wait to be able to create that design.

Nintendo have gotten more trendy as of late, just like the rest of the world. It's a shame really, but ths isn't the place for that kind of conversation.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 28, 2010, 08:33:25 PM »
I'm confused... when does the conference start?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 28, 2010, 09:05:35 PM »
The conference starts @ 2pm Japan Time
http://free.timeanddate.com/clock/i29efjs7/n248/fn8/fc090/tc000/pc000/ftb/pa3/tt0/tw1/tm1

in simplified terms, 4 hours from the time of this post (minus 5 minutes ;) )

in other news
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/samurai-warriors-chronicle-featured-in-famitsu-magazine
& other games listed in this weeks Famitsu:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/28/flying_get/
]It looks like Acquire's Class of Heroes series is coming to 3DS. Famitsu's release schedule this week lists a "Class of Heroes. 3Dx3D."

Also in the release schedule: Splinter Cell 3D, Ghost Recon, Driver 3D, and apparently some sort of game where you wait tables... in 3D.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 09:18:43 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Gameboy Freak

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 28, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
This is probably a stupid question but will there be any videos from the conference or are cameras not allowed?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
Nintendo's Stock Rises on Anticipation of Upcoming Press Conference
Investors excited about upcoming announcements, but would apparently be more excited about a worldwide release this year.

Financial information site Searchina posted an update yesterday on Nintendo's stock activity ahead of the conference. Apparently, the stock has been on the rise as investors in anticipation of the conference. I'm no financial type myself, but this presumably means investors expect good things.

HYPEtrain.gif?

1.5hrs to go.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:44:54 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 28, 2010, 11:41:56 PM »
woo woo
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 28, 2010, 11:50:15 PM »
We need a translator STAT!!!!

I said STAT DAMMIT!!!!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 28, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »
I think those are generally games we already know, with exceptions to the ones there's already buzz about, that are revealed.  I'm guessing those are the bold ones.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 28, 2010, 11:59:03 PM »
I hope that Sonic game is Sonic Chronicles 2.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.