Author Topic: Blaster Master confirmed for VC  (Read 25599 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Blaster Master confirmed for VC
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:03:17 PM »
I tried submitting this to NWR news, but it wouldn't let me (the confirmation letters wouldn't show up):

Sunsoft today announced that they will start publishing games in North America again (their last one was
Blaster Master: Blasting Again for the PS1 in 2001). Their first one will be Blaster Master (for the NES) on the Virtual Console this month.

http://www.sunsoftgames.com/news/2009-12-03%20Blaster%20Master.php
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:06:38 PM by TJ Spyke »
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Blaster Master confirmed for VC
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 05:06:13 PM »
Haven't played this series. I think there was a GBC game of Blaster Master made by NST.

*Goes and looks for other Sunsoft titles*
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 05:08:02 PM »
You are correct, I fixed my mistake. Their last game was Blaster Master: Blasting Again for the PS1 in 2001.

The NES game was well known for being incredibly difficult, even by NES standards.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 05:11:19 PM »
How did the game play like?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »
i still have this game and though i never beat it, i still loved it..

its sorta like Metroid come to think of it.. you ride around in this tank type vehicle, over all sorts of terrain (including diving underwater i think) but you can also hop out and crawl into areas that your tank couldnt fit in to. Ever play that Ninja Turtles game for the NES (turtles 2??) that has some side scrolling mixed with overhead gameplay? Similar to that i'd say. Alll i remember is your character having a huge head (lol) and the first boss being this giant slime...

and that i had a book based on this game, which i read, and if the story of the book is anything like the story of the game.. you're trying to rescure your... pet frog!?

I might have to pickthis game up. its one of those NES games i got later on in life, that i enjoyed but due to my NES's bad connection, was never able to finish because the games would lock up.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »
Thanks for the synopsis of the game EasyCure.
Also Turtles 2 on the NES was the arcade game but with a few changes. The one you are talking about is TMNT on the NES.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:43 PM »
Thanks for the synopsis of the game EasyCure.
Also Turtles 2 on the NES was the arcade game but with a few changes. The one you are talking about is TMNT on the NES.

and thank you for the clarification Maxi ;)

For those curious, here's the first level/boss of Blaster Master
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
My Secret Santa better get this (and one other $5 game) for me.
I used to love this game, but I never did beat it.

This is on my "will own" list.

I really wish I could attach games to my My Nintendo Account so that I can play them from any Wii I choose. My Wii is at my Mom's house and i do most of my gamin on my girls Wii. But if I download to her Wii so I can play it more often, then I won't be able to play it on my Wii when I confiscate if from my mom at some point in the future.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 06:16:57 PM »

I really wish I could attach games to my My Nintendo Account so that I can play them from any Wii I choose. My Wii is at my Mom's house and i do most of my gamin on my girls Wii. But if I download to her Wii so I can play it more often, then I won't be able to play it on my Wii when I confiscate if from my mom at some point in the future.

maybe your secret santa will gift you two version of it then, one to each friend code ;)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:22:14 PM »
I never knew that this game was considered difficult, especially since I have beaten it. Then again, this was back when I had plenty of free time to sink into the same game and a small amount of games, so I guess I stuck it out.

Anyways, though the game's appearance on the VC means nothing to me by itself, it does make me excited to think that Blaster Master 2 for the Genesis will be released at some point. That was probably my favourite game on the Genesis.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

maybe your secret santa will gift you two version of it then, one to each friend code ;)

I gotta get the other Wii online first. I don't remember the password to the router and I've been too lazy to actually reset it.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
Speaking of Secret Santa programs, is there gonna be one here at NWR?

Offline williamsjj

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 11:17:58 PM »
I remember playing this game on the NES and enjoying it, but I don't think I ever beat it.  I may purchase it, but I rarely find myself playing VC games to completion.  I think the newer graphics and methods of gameplay have me spoiled.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 12:20:56 AM »
Ooh, I love Blaster Master! Never played the Genesis sequel, so I hope that one comes to VC too.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »
Speaking of Secret Santa programs, is there gonna be one here at NWR?

If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 04:55:49 AM »
Here is a list of Sunsoft games. I couldn't think of any off the top of my head but I knew I had played games from that company before.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 06:07:36 AM »
WHO RUN BARTER TOWN!!???!!!!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:22:13 AM »
Oh wow, Chameleon Twist... I remember reading about that in Nintendo Power back in the day and thinking it woulda been a fun platformer with interesting gameplay, but I never got a chance to play it. Is it any good? Musta sold well enough to warrant a sequel right? I'd love to finally try it..

and flashback! I remember my brother borrowing that from a friend and i could never get past like the third screen.. lol.. but it seemed like such an interesting game that i'd love to give it another shot. I think i've had this talk with someone else on this forum before, strange.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 06:41:11 AM »
I played Chameleon Twist. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great.
I don't really remember too many details about it, but it was worth the rental.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 06:56:50 AM »
i'll put it on my wishlist of games i probably won't ever buy myself. thanks.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 07:13:29 AM »
Oh wow, Chameleon Twist... I remember reading about that in Nintendo Power back in the day and thinking it woulda been a fun platformer with interesting gameplay, but I never got a chance to play it. Is it any good? Musta sold well enough to warrant a sequel right? I'd love to finally try it..

and flashback! I remember my brother borrowing that from a friend and i could never get past like the third screen.. lol.. but it seemed like such an interesting game that i'd love to give it another shot. I think i've had this talk with someone else on this forum before, strange.

That would be me in the VC Monday thread.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
This game rules.  I'll download this as soon as it's up.  Like most people, I've never beaten it either, but I did play quite far into it.  IIRC, it's pretty high on the "die once and you start all the way back at the beginning" meter, which is probably why I never completed it.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 10:07:42 AM »
I swear, if they even think about releasing Aero the Acrobat on VC I will rage quit video games.

I wouldn't mind playing NES Batman again.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 10:42:42 AM »
I'll note that you said "rage quit video games" as opposed to "rage quit the NWR Forums".  I believe the two can be mutually exclusive.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
Me too vudu, too bad there is not much chance of it happening. Square Enix has the Batman license (thanks to them buying Eidos Interactive, who had it), right? Maybe they could reach a deal and just charge 600 Wii Points like Konami and Ubisoft did for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.