Author Topic: Excitebots:Trick Racing!  (Read 100386 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Excitebots:Trick Racing!
« Reply #225 on: April 21, 2009, 06:30:13 PM »
You have the option of putting the Remote inside the Wheel for greatness.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 21, 2009, 06:33:34 PM »

Any real Excite player knows it belongs in the Zapper instead.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 21, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
I'll take that as a "no".

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #228 on: April 21, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »

Any real Excite player knows it belongs in the Zapper instead.

Man, that is innovation.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #229 on: April 21, 2009, 06:51:48 PM »
Maxi, can you confirm that there are no control options?

What do you mean?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 21, 2009, 06:54:05 PM »
What do you mean?
What I mean is, do you have to use the Wiimote turned sideways (with or without the wheel), or is there an option to use other control styles, such as Wiimote + Nunchuk, Classic Controller, and/or GameCube controller?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #231 on: April 21, 2009, 07:06:42 PM »
What do you mean?
What I mean is, do you have to use the Wiimote turned sideways (with or without the wheel), or is there an option to use other control styles, such as Wiimote + Nunchuk, Classic Controller, and/or GameCube controller?
The are no other controllers suported than the Wiimote and Wii Wheel.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 21, 2009, 07:21:27 PM »
What do you mean?

The way it should be.

Especially for EXCITE____
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #233 on: April 21, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »
This game is crazy. My favorite part is getting insane air. On the  Silver Norway level I launched myself over one of the buildings.And from that I got first.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 21, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
What do you mean?
That's disappointing, but thanks for checking. Since this is a Nintendo game I think it's also safe to assume it doesn't have a customizable button layout either.
Oh well, this helps me come to a decision on this game. I'll wait until it goes on sale.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2009, 08:12:19 PM »
What do you mean?
The are no other controllers supported than the Wiimote and Wii Wheel.
That's disappointing, but thanks for checking. Since this is a Nintendo game I think it's also safe to assume it doesn't have a customizable button layout either.
Oh well, this helps me come to a decision on this game. I'll wait until it goes on sale.
No it doesn't have customizable controls.
Here are the controls.The 2 button is your gas and 1 is your break.Turbo is up or down on the d pad. The A button is your items. That's just using the wiimote by itself. Wii wheel Basically the same but with the B button on the wheel you can turbo.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2009, 08:19:06 PM »
Wait, there's no trick button. How do you perform tricks? Waggle?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2009, 08:56:38 PM »

You gotta stand up for this game.  You use waggle for tricks, but its good waggle.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2009, 09:05:34 PM »

Here is how you preform tricks.First you go up a hill then just as you are about to jump press the turbo button and the 1 button. then you will be airborn.Then you rotate the wiimote in a circle.For eack time you go around in a circle you get 1 star. Also you have to land right.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2009, 09:32:50 PM »

ITT we ask stupid questions and act disappointed when we get the glaringly obvious answer. And customizable controls? What the hell would you want to customize?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
Your attitude needs customization.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 21, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
ITT we ask stupid questions and act disappointed when we get the glaringly obvious answer. And customizable controls? What the hell would you want to customize?
"Disappointed" might not have been the right word, as it was the answer I was expecting. Still, with games like SSBBrawl, Mario Kart Wii, and others offering multiple control styles, I was hoping that had become the norm by now. It's mostly the button layout of the wheel that I don't like, and if I could change the function of the buttons then I might be able to find a layout which is less painful. Such options seem like easy things to include, so I'll never understand why more games don't offer them.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #242 on: April 21, 2009, 11:20:57 PM »
Well I am up to Platinum Cup.I have 3 more to beat till I beat the cup.

Mop_it_up have you played Excite Truck?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #243 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »
"Disappointed" might not have been the right word, as it was the answer I was expecting. Still, with games like SSBBrawl, Mario Kart Wii, and others offering multiple control styles, I was hoping that had become the norm by now. It's mostly the button layout of the wheel that I don't like, and if I could change the function of the buttons then I might be able to find a layout which is less painful. Such options seem like easy things to include, so I'll never understand why more games don't offer them.

Use a winged Wii Remote shell instead of the Wheel.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2009, 01:48:58 AM »
Or just use the Wii Remote. Worked fine in Excite Truck.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2009, 02:23:55 AM »
Is this better online than Mario Kart Wii?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:58 AM »
Mop_it_up have you played Excite Truck?
No, but it's been on my list for a while now. Since it is so old now, I'm waiting to find it fairly cheap. Is it cheap yet? I guess I should check.
This might be an odd question, but would the Wii Wheel work with Excite Truck?

The bare Wiimote is even more uncomfortable than the wheel.

Use a winged Wii Remote shell instead of the Wheel.
You know, you've given me an idea. I wonder if I could fashion some sort of a bike handle contraption to the Wiimote, though I'd have to be sure it was connected securely. I've never thrown a Wiimote across the room before and I'm not about to start now.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:13 AM »
The reason I asked that Mop_it_up is because the landing wouldn't work to well with the other controllers.You have to land with all of your wheels even all around. I think that it wouldn't be as precise as motion controls.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:01 AM »
Got the review copy today. Thus far I am enjoying it, but it hasn't totally hooked me yet. I'll be honest, I miss the trucks and the more standard racing found in Excite Truck. Though as of right now, I've only played for a short while.

I'll tell you this, in Excite Truck I used to always turbo with right on the D-Pad, now that I HAVE TO use up or down, it is driving me nuts. I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, but man, I'd love to know why you can't use the whole D-Pad or if Left and Right eventually have a function, remap the D-Pad to your liking.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2009, 10:58:42 AM »
Got the review copy today. Thus far I am enjoying it, but it hasn't totally hooked me yet. I'll be honest, I miss the trucks and the more standard racing found in Excite Truck. Though as of right now, I've only played for a short while.

I'll tell you this, in Excite Truck I used to always turbo with right on the D-Pad, now that I HAVE TO use up or down, it is driving me nuts. I suppose I'll get used to it eventually, but man, I'd love to know why you can't use the whole D-Pad or if Left and Right eventually have a function, remap the D-Pad to your liking.

Is there any reason for this? i used to use left on the dpad myself, and i'm sure using up or down won't be a problem but do left/right do anything else this time around?

Also Mr.Jack or Maxi, what kinda tricks can you pull off? I figured with "trick racing" in the title there'd be something more than that vehicle spins you could do in ExciteTrucks*. The way Maxi described doing tricks though, it sounds like thats all you can do.. again!

*not that i didn't love pulling off some crazy air spins in ET. Once during a tournament at the Nintendo World Store (while i was still employed there lol!) i was able to pull off some crazy spin on a massive jump. I haven't encountered a jump like that since, and the highest i can get is 1080 spins, or maybe one rotation over that, but i know the one i got in the NWS tourney was much bigger. My friends/coworkers were in awe... especially when i didn't move on to the next part of the tourney  (i was robbed!).
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.