Author Topic: PUNCH OUT!!  (Read 82778 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: PUNCH OUT!!
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
I really want to get this game after all the praise your guys are throwing around, and I do enjoy the original Punch Out on the VC but i still don't think i'm ready for second helping of PO when i haven't finished the first! And if 'Mr. Dream' is as hard as they say he is, i iprobably never will lol.

This is definately on my list of games to get down the line though.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
Mr.Dream has the same tactics as Mike Tyson. There are several videos on youtube on how to beat Iron Mike.I haven't beat the NES version yet. I am stuck on Mr. Sandman

How far are you EasyCure in the NES game?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:37 AM »
Mr.Dream has the same tactics as Mike Tyson. There are several videos on youtube on how to beat Iron Mike.I haven't beat the NES version yet. I am stuck on Mr. Sandman

Bald Bull knocked me the F out in the first round cuz i was sleepy. It was my only match against him, though.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »

Bald Bull knocked me the F out in the first round cuz i was sleepy. It was my only match against him, though.
Heh that is who I am up to on the Wii game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »
If you can make it to Mr. Dream (Mike Tyson), you should consider that an accomplishment.
Very few people I know actually beat that game, and most of the ones that did had to use a code to go straight to the boss fight(myself included).
So don't beat yourself up if you can't seem to finish it.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2009, 11:31:38 AM »
If you can make it to Mr. Dream (Mike Tyson), you should consider that an accomplishment.
Very few people I know actually beat that game, and most of the ones that did had to use a code to go straight to the boss fight(myself included).
So don't beat yourself up if you can't seem to finish it.

Oh trust me I know all about Mike's difficulty, its stuff of legends and any self respecting gamer should fear him. I'm positive this will be one of the games i'll get to the last boss and never beat, and i'm okay with that.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 21, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
It got to Iron Mike about 3 times without the code. Got my ass whooped hard and quickly.
I had to search out the code to go straight to the Prize Fight. Still took me I don't know how many attempts before I barely beat Mike.
Bragging rights where had as I joined the elite few that had actually finished the game, w/ or w/o the code.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #382 on: May 21, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »
Yay I got my copy of Punch Out. I went through the Minor circuit in 15 minutes. But I only got stars from Glass Joe. I need to slow down and pay attention to the clues.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 21, 2009, 02:02:40 PM »
I'm stuck on Soda Pop right now.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 21, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »
As much as I dislike whoring myself to Gamestop they're offering 20% credit towards any trade ins for Punch Out.  I gave them three games I know I'll never play again, and walked out paying a cool $15 for Punch Out.
I just returned EA Active(re-bought at BB) and asked about the trade in deal. They take anything they still sell, and gamecube was accepted. So I'm gonna go back there later today with some backlogged games I will never get to

Good move.  As Punch Out is a game you can log tonz o time into.
I took 8 GC games to gamestop and and they offered me $10.80 (including 20%?) so I just decided to keep my games. PO will have to wait till another day or I decide to buy it online.

Is there any sort of online in PO? like a leader board or anything like that?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2009, 02:07:33 PM »
As much as I dislike whoring myself to Gamestop they're offering 20% credit towards any trade ins for Punch Out.  I gave them three games I know I'll never play again, and walked out paying a cool $15 for Punch Out.
I just returned EA Active(re-bought at BB) and asked about the trade in deal. They take anything they still sell, and gamecube was accepted. So I'm gonna go back there later today with some backlogged games I will never get to

Good move.  As Punch Out is a game you can log tonz o time into.
I took 8 GC games to gamestop and and they offered me $10.80 (including 20%?) so I just decided to keep my games. PO will have to wait till another day or I decide to buy it online.

Is there any sort of online in PO? like a leader board or anything like that?
There isn't but I don't think it needs it. Also NWR's review of the game is up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2009, 02:15:42 PM »
I just saw the review, but you don't think the game could be a little more competitive between friends if it included a online leaderboard?
Kinda like sending time trials ghost to friends in MKWii, and seeing if they can beat your time, it could extend the replayability of the game indefinitely for some.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »
Well that isn't really disimilar to how there are videos of people beating the bosses in the NES and SNES games quickly. With the videos everybody can see them and see if you beat them.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »
I think the competitive nature will still be present despite the absence of a leaderboard.

Like Maxi said, people will post videos of their best times, trade secrets and tactics to beat the characters.

You will be surprised at how many Punch Out exclusive communities there are in the internet.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2009, 02:46:55 PM »
People will post videos, of course, but its a pain in the @ss.  In 2009, there is no excuse for lack of online leaderboards in a score or time chasing game.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, I just get urked when developers make such obvious oversights.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 21, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
People will post videos, of course, but its a pain in the @ss.  In 2009, there is no excuse for lack of online leaderboards in a score or time chasing game.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the game, I just get urked when developers make such obvious oversights.
I agree. Now how hard would it be to be able to click a option that updates your leader board to include the times/scores of your friends?
Nintendo wants to take baby steps and protect the children from teh online predatorz, well there is no better baby step than online leaderboards.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #391 on: May 21, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »
Leaderboards would only get flooded by hacked scores like all previous leaderboard online Wii games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 21, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »
Leaderboards would only get flooded by hacked scores like all previous leaderboard online Wii games.

QFT.  I don't mind the lack of Online Leaderboards, as I find that just makes people rather unpleasant online.  I do mind the lack of Online play at all, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #393 on: May 21, 2009, 03:33:49 PM »
Yeah, I remember looking at scores for Rayman Rabbids dancing games way back.  They were impossibly high for such imprecise controls.  Even last night's Mario Kart cheaters continue to bring my opinion of the Nintendo audience down.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 21, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »

Nonsense.  That's like saying we should ban online banking because it'll just end up flooded with hackers.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #395 on: May 21, 2009, 04:18:58 PM »
I don't get to see your bank statements.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 21, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »
Because of the warm glow and heated discussion this game has brought on(in two different PO threads) I just bought the game on Amazon. will get it sometime next week.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #397 on: May 21, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »
Great BlackNMild. What control style are you going to use?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 21, 2009, 10:12:35 PM »
which ever i feel suits my mood for the game.
I haven't played it yet, so I couldn't tell you.

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #399 on: May 22, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »
This exhibition mode challenges are cool.  KO Von Kaiser in 5 punches?  I think I'm on the right track to figuring it out, but I haven't quite got it yet.  Normally when something is too tiresome to figure out I just skip over to Gamefaqs for the answer.  Don't give me that look, I don't have near the time to game as I used to and I hate not finishing games.

Punch-Out!! = win!
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988