Author Topic: PREVIEWS: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days  (Read 6491 times)

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
Square Enix unveiled a new website for their DS RPG.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=16458

New details about Square Enix’s latest Nintendo DS RPG, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, have been released through a new official website for the game.  It is currently in development by the H.A.N.D. team that created Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales on the DS and Chocobo's Dungeon on the Wii.    

The story revolves around how Roxas joined 'Organization XIII', and how he was apparently born from Sora during his year-long sleep between Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II.  Therefore, it is safe to assume that this game takes place between Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II in the timeline.    

According to the official website the title is pronounced ‘Kingdom Hearts: Three-Five-Eight Days Over Two’, and no details have been announced as to what the title refers to other than that the game will show the day-to-day life of Roxas in Organization XIII.  The game will feature all thirteen members of the team and apparently a mysterious female character as a new fourteenth member, who will be crucial to the story.    

It has been previously stated that the game will feature a 4-player cooperative multiplayer mode, although one separate to the main single player quest. There are still no final details about this however.    

The game is scheduled for a 2008 release in Japan. No US or European date has been mentioned as yet, although the developers have said they do plan to release it outside of Japan.

I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Re: PREVIEWS: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 11:16:30 AM »
I'm not sure I could be more excited for this game.  Roxas was my favorite part of Kingdom Hearts 2, and I really think he is a much better character than Sora.  So getting an entire game dedicated to him is a treat.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:28 AM »
I'm not sure I could be more excited for this game.  Roxas was my favorite part of Kingdom Hearts 2, and I really think he is a much better character than Sora.  So getting an entire game dedicated to him is a treat.

I do think Roxas was a better character but I thought a good portion of his stuff wasn't that great but, I also think the KoH2 is a Vastly Inferior game compared to KoH...  I even bought component and optical cables for my PS2 for that game... how disappointed was I... Though KoH3 looks like it might redeem if the Super Secret Hidden Ending is any indication.

This game has potential as long as they don't pull something on me like card combat...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 02:05:10 PM »
Though KoH3 looks like it might redeem if the Super Secret Hidden Ending is any indication.

Are you referring to this secret ending?  If so, it's for the PSP Kingdom Hearts titled Birth By Sleep.  I don't think anything's even been shown from KH3 yet.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!