Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 500925 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #600 on: December 30, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »
Gates are closed as of 755pm est
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:56:46 PM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #601 on: December 31, 2008, 12:13:36 AM »
Maxi, for some reason the game disconnected us when I entered your town. Anyways, I decided to call it a night. My data is safe so nothing was lost.

It was great playing with you and SB! :D
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #602 on: December 31, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
I had fun with you in your village Pap.I'm still laughing about Emo Horse.Thanks for the links to the AC Movie.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 31, 2008, 12:46:30 AM »
Maxi are your gates still open or did you call it a night?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #604 on: December 31, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »
I will open them.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #605 on: December 31, 2008, 01:10:59 AM »
My game is on, but not online, waiting of Serena becomes human and gives SB an axe.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 31, 2008, 01:30:24 AM »
After 27 or so tries, I finally got a silver axe out of her.

Roughly 3 minutes per try X 27 tries = 81 minutes.

Ugg...I hate the little tease. "You were honest so you can have a golden axe!...JUST KIDDING!"

"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 31, 2008, 02:52:43 AM »
Okay guys. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before (yeah, I know..). I decided to pick up City Folk since it seems to be the best of the bunch.

I'm three hours in and I'm wondering.. am I doomed to spend the rest of my AC life performing menial tasks with little reward? Does it get more fun? Am I missing something? Where exactly is one supposed to derive enjoyment from the game?

And these aren't sarcastic questions - I seriously want to know.

If you are talking about the errands Nook sends you on then no, these won't last forever.

If you are talking about stuff like fishing, planting trees and such, well, it all depends on the player. If you aren't having fun with AC I hate to say it but it ain't your game.

You can fish and donate your catch to the museum. It might not seem much, but its definitely satisfying showing off your rare catch to other players. I mean...you can fish sharks!

Then there's decorating your town, which is what I am doing. Once more, its satisfying creating a beautiful town then showing it off. It makes the experience far more personal.

Creating patterns can be very fun and even hilarious at times. Just ask SB about his Mr. Slave pattern. You can also create patterns in order to make patterns and adorn your town, adding even more complexity to your village.

City Folk also has a snapshot option (though poorly implemented). Just go to the Funhouse and you'll see that people are running wild with the screens.

There's even the turnips, which works a lot like the stock market. You can buy a lot of them and hope that Nook sells them at a great cost.

I can go on and on about the experience. AC is a game that is defined by the player. The game gives you the options and the features, but its really up to you how you use your time in the game.

Thanks pap. A few more questions.. What do you mean by decorating your town? Planting trees and flowers? Also, where do you get turnips from? Thanks!
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:18 AM »
On a side note, I am finding it funny how this game has been attacked for being made for new comers. So far I've found it to have plenty of things to appeal to those of us who have stuck to the series. One of the best examples of this is being able to visit Rosetti, something that only the most die hard fan would appreciate. Not to mention some really cool and updated Nintendo related items.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #609 on: December 31, 2008, 03:12:07 AM »
Okay guys. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before (yeah, I know..). I decided to pick up City Folk since it seems to be the best of the bunch.

I'm three hours in and I'm wondering.. am I doomed to spend the rest of my AC life performing menial tasks with little reward? Does it get more fun? Am I missing something? Where exactly is one supposed to derive enjoyment from the game?

If you are talking about the errands Nook sends you on then no, these won't last forever.

If you are talking about stuff like fishing, planting trees and such, well, it all depends on the player. If you aren't having fun with AC I hate to say it but it ain't your game.

You can fish and donate your catch to the museum. It might not seem much, but its definitely satisfying showing off your rare catch to other players. I mean...you can fish sharks!

Then there's decorating your town, which is what I am doing. Once more, its satisfying creating a beautiful town then showing it off. It makes the experience far more personal.

Creating patterns can be very fun and even hilarious at times. Just ask SB about his Mr. Slave pattern. You can also create patterns in order to make patterns and adorn your town, adding even more complexity to your village.

City Folk also has a snapshot option (though poorly implemented). Just go to the Funhouse and you'll see that people are running wild with the screens.

There's even the turnips, which works a lot like the stock market. You can buy a lot of them and hope that Nook sells them at a great cost.

I can go on and on about the experience. AC is a game that is defined by the player. The game gives you the options and the features, but its really up to you how you use your time in the game.

Thanks pap. A few more questions.. What do you mean by decorating your town? Planting trees and flowers? Also, where do you get turnips from? Thanks!
You can plant trees and flowers around town and you can put designs on the ground.If you visit Paps town or mine you will see a design at the gate.Turnips you can get on Sundays from 6am till noon from Joan the turnip seller.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 31, 2008, 05:25:27 AM »
Guess who just got the Japan-exclusive Pikmin hats?  ;D

Will order some copies for people who give money or equivalent in foreign fruit.
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #611 on: December 31, 2008, 05:49:10 AM »
Oh Pikmin hats. I am a collector of various hats.I'll send you some fruit.

I wonder when the US and Europe and Austrelia are gonna get DLC.

Pap I watched the AC Movie and you are right.Best Game to Movie translation to date.The movie fit the game to a T.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #612 on: December 31, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »
EasyCure do you want to visit my town?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 31, 2008, 08:55:28 AM »

*sigh* I like the way i put it better. Less words ;)

Edit: At work maxi, can't visit at the moment. I might have time between 2-5pm eastern.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #614 on: December 31, 2008, 09:03:44 AM »
Alright EasyCure.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
I got my first Hybrids yesterday, two Black Cosmos.  Today I got another one.  Still working my way to a silver watercan, which I should get in 3-4 days.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 31, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »
Haha, sorry about that EasyCure.. I liked your explanation too.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #617 on: December 31, 2008, 05:44:18 PM »
I just want to mention quickly that anyone interested in visiting my town for New Year's  should know this:
- My time is different from yours. Meaning that while in your case it might be 11:00 PM its already New Year's in my town, so better get online early.

- Right now I will be with my family. If I get back early I'll open my gates and leave them open for anyone to join.

- Tortimer is handing out party poppers. Make sure to get as many as you can and bring them to town.

Thanks!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #618 on: December 31, 2008, 06:53:38 PM »
I am opening my gates.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 31, 2008, 07:01:29 PM »
I'm chucking axes at the goddess of irrational bitchiness until she turns my last one silver or better.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 31, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
IM IN MAXI's TOWN!
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 31, 2008, 07:03:41 PM »
IM IN MAXI's TOWN!

Doing rude things, no doubt.

WAIT FOR ME!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 31, 2008, 07:17:08 PM »
not at all! maxi i left you a present hidding near your house

Wow i wasn't expecting a party. SB and Flames_of_chaos showed up. Maxi and SB were using wiispeak, i should hook mine up.. its hard to add to the convo when you have to type it all out.

Maxi sneezed and i siad "bless you" in my own special way but he didnt appreciate it, SB did. Flames was pretty quiet.

All in all it was pretty fun! SB was right by the way, your town hall was placed perfectly. Mine is in the same crappy place it was in the DS version, top-left corner.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:46:05 PM by EasyCure »

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 31, 2008, 08:19:10 PM »
Easycure, maxi and I want to go to your town, can you open up your gates?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 31, 2008, 08:23:18 PM »
Sorry i'm heading out to pick up my gf and if i leave my game on/gates open she'll know i was late cuz i was playing nintendo!!! lol

Thats no way to end this year and start a new one ;)