Author Topic: Animal Crossing: City Folk  (Read 504922 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: City Folk
« Reply #1975 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:12 AM »
Damn i missed a chance to play with you guys!
You should check this thread more often! Especially on weekends. That was the third Sunday in a row that we got together.

You can keep the money, that is fine.
Are you sure about that? Because it was $78,000, which isn't exactly chump change.

Hey! My manly voice left you girls speechless last night. You couldn't handle it's manlyness ;)
That was one of the most horrifying things I've heard in quite awhile.
Ditto. I'd rather go shake trees than hear that again.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: July 14, 2009, 12:49:29 AM »
I finally have the bells to go for either a Light house or Windmill. I gather you can't have both?

I'm also on the hunt for the scorpion. Any strategies from those who've caught one and lived to tell about it?

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: July 14, 2009, 01:00:20 AM »
I finally have the bells to go for either a Light house or Windmill. I gather you can't have both?
Nope, can't have both. But if you change your mind, you can donate another million bells and it will switch. You can do this only once however. There's no town benefit to either one so just pick whichever you think would look best.

I'm also on the hunt for the scorpion. Any strategies from those who've caught one and lived to tell about it?
What are you crazy? How about some advice from somebody who hasn't caught one: run for your life!

...But seriously, the scorpion doesn't start to chase you until you pull your net out, but it will start charging as soon as you reach for it. Have it be the only tool in your pockets, then press left or right on the d-pad to pull it out. Wait until the scorpion is a good distance away from you before you pull out the net, then wait for it to come to you and swing right before it reaches you. It can run as fast as you can so you can't run from it to try to get into a better position. You'll get only one chance. Good luck.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1978 on: July 14, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »
I found this video on youtube Djunknown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFXNsb8LGfk
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: July 14, 2009, 01:11:17 AM »
I caught a tarantula. I just go around with my net out so it is always at the ready.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: July 14, 2009, 01:54:22 AM »
I still haven't seen a spider or scorpion in my town. Sad
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: July 14, 2009, 02:23:25 AM »
I still haven't seen a spider or scorpion in my town. Sad

Not even the little spiders from trees?

I'm feeling indecisive right now, but I'm either going to play Conduit or AC once I'm done posting for the night. If I do play AC, anyone up and interested is welcome to come join me. I'll just take care of stuff with the gate open.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: July 14, 2009, 02:32:00 AM »
What time is it in your town Stratos? I still have a few fish I need to catch, I wonder if I'd have better luck in your waters...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: July 14, 2009, 02:37:15 AM »
7:36 in my town. It is running on a 4 hour delay now. Just keeps creeping back... :D

Guess that decides it, I'm playing AC. I'll go open my gate. Maybe it's raining and I'll catch a colecanthingummy.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: July 14, 2009, 02:45:40 AM »
colecanthingummy.
I want one of those, that sounds delicious.

I'll be there shortly.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: July 14, 2009, 04:23:03 AM »
Mop_it_up you can keep the bells that is fine. As Maxi knows I tend to give stuff away anyway if I'm in a good mood! Heck I've had treasure hunts at my place where I bury like 20k in bells for people to find.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:38 AM »
On my way to Stratos's town I decided to throw an axe into the fountain just for kicks. I know how the fountain fairy likes to tease so when she said she was giving me a silver axe I was waiting for her to ask some irrelevant question first. I'm still in shock that she actually gave me one! I was so happy I wanted to chop down all of the trees in Stratos Town... but I had to leave him with something.

Mop_it_up you can keep the bells that is fine.
Well thanks I guess. Maybe I'll try to buy you something nice with it. Actually, I noticed you have a lot of the 8-bit Mario items. Do you have the floor, which is called the Block Floor? I have an extra one if you want it.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: July 14, 2009, 11:30:49 AM »
You should check this thread more often! Especially on weekends. That was the third Sunday in a row that we got together.

Are you sure about that? Because it was $78,000, which isn't exactly chump change.

Hey! My manly voice left you girls speechless last night. You couldn't handle it's manlyness ;)

I was free all day Sunday too, just too lazy to turn on my wii. Oh well, it'll happen eventually!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 14, 2009, 12:17:06 PM »

I was free all day Sunday too, just too lazy to turn on my wii. Oh well, it'll happen eventually!

You've been intentionally avoiding me.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: July 14, 2009, 01:42:29 PM »

You've been intentionally boycotting me. Even going as far as paying someone to steal your copy of AC.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 14, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

You've been intentionally boycotting me. Even going as far as paying someone to steal your copy of AC.

And all this time I thought she was avoiding me. Maybe she hates both of us.

Depending on if my car is fixed or not today I'll be on this evening. If my car is fixed I have Pizza Hut hour to go to but if not I'll probably be on AC. I find it helps keep my mind off of my car/money/job worries a bit better than Conduit.
My Game Collection

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 14, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »
heh, rememeber the fould mouthed character? 

so really,,, whats teh appeal of this game in multiplayer format.. whats fun to do?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1992 on: July 14, 2009, 04:55:50 PM »
First of all try and clean up your English.Hard to understand what you are saying.

I think the appeal of Multiplayer is just hanging out with friends. There are several things that I have been apart of that I will remember.
For example Me,Golden Phoenix,Pap64 waiting for Smash Brother to show up for his Birthday party. Hiding in Pap's house and surprising S_B.
New Years running around to all the towns and celebrating New Years.

You make the Multiplayer experience!!!
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: July 14, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »
so really,,, whats teh appeal of this game in multiplayer format.. whats fun to do?
Protection from bees and tarantulas and scorpions.

Anyways, so I ended up giving the silver axe to my friend. She's been trying for a metallic axe for over two months now and she wanted one a lot more than I did. I'm still trying for the golden axe anyway.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: July 14, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »
First of all try and clean up your English.Hard to understand what you are saying.

I think the appeal of Multiplayer is just hanging out with friends. There are several things that I have been apart of that I will remember.
For example Me,Golden Phoenix,Pap64 waiting for Smash Brother to show up for his Birthday party. Hiding in Pap's house and surprising S_B.

That was such a memorable day when it was Smash's birthday. In fact it stuck with me so much that I put that in my defense of why I thought AC: CF was the best game last year. Moments like that just don't happen in other games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: July 14, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »

That was such a memorable day when it was Smash's birthday. In fact it stuck with me so much that I put that in my defense of why I thought AC: CF was the best game last year. Moments like that just don't happen in other games.

Burying other characters and having 'flower wars' with GP  :rolleyes:

Also trapping Mop it up in bed and Maxi taking pictures of the whole ordeal is fun.  ;D

Speaking of pictures, I have a good deal of them I need to upload via my brand new computer!!! It came in the mail today and I just got it set up. I'm happy :)
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:15 PM »
So you see BwrJim the game is a lot of fun if you are a big mean boy who likes to tease people.

Offline BwrJim!

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: July 14, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »
sorry about the English typing, my son (1 year) bashes on the keyboard and couple that with drained batteries and I have to be really on top of the typing. So yeah, i apologize for all bad grammar post. 

8(

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:50 AM »
brand new computer!!!

Awesome! Man I have been so crazy busy the past week! I need to play some stuff with ya guys!

So I worked with my grandfather all the past week because they moved and rented their in town house. So I moved everything in the house to the upstairs apartment behind the house. Then cleared the garage, organized the other one and moved the rest of the stuff in it. Then worked on the side room of the apartment behing the house. Walled it in and just "finished" it. Then we tore out the aparment kitchen and bathroom. Ran all new waterlines and put a new water heater in. Finished almost all of the kitchen just waiting for the cabinet and sink to come in. So for the past week, everyday but Sunday I worked really hard from about 8-4. I am so tired its not even funny..... Then I would come home and I played Rock Band a ton with my girl and some of our friends till 11pm or midnight most nights.(I am addicted to RB) Thats my past 7 days.... Made $200. I am done for 3 weeks because my grandparents are going on vacation to Colorado then to Portland.

I AM SO TIRED!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: July 15, 2009, 02:05:59 AM »
Sounds like you were living out the AC life, Kraken ;)
My Game Collection