Author Topic: Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)  (Read 98074 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mega Man 9 (WiiWare)
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »
I made it to wily, but I only had 1 energy tank left and I used it. I will beat you Dr.Wily.

EasyCure I think you mean Galaxy Man.:)
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2008, 10:01:40 PM »
thanks, i fixed it!

Gravity man was MM5, silly me
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 24, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
Black finely-spun 100% cotton thread assembled with proprietary MegaWeave™ technology provides improved gaming performance in Mega Man® 9 and all other Capcom titles

I wonder if this will be the wardrobe of choice when RE 5 and SF IV come out...

Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #304 on: September 25, 2008, 12:34:16 AM »
http://Http://youtube.com/watch?v=in1vbeURvjI
^Concrete man time attack world record 1:24:68

Have you tried the time attack yet?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 25, 2008, 02:12:23 AM »
I'm starting to get the hang of Mega Man 2, and that and the fact that it's only 66 blocks means I'll probably get this soon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 25, 2008, 11:50:42 AM »
MM2 is much easier than MM9. Yesterday I had finished MM2 on Normal, and then I proceeded to play it on Hard. Within the hour I had defeated all 8 bosses in Hard.
My skill is getting better by playing MM9 though, and I'm liking it a lot because of that even if I've been dieing a lot.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 25, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »
Never been a huge Mega Man fan myself but I just tried the demo that came out on PSN today.  Phew, much respect to anyone that completes the whole game!
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #308 on: September 25, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »
MM2 is much easier than MM9.

That's because you've played it a hundred times.  In terms of enemy placement, level design, instant death spikes, etc. they are pretty close.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
MM2 is much easier than MM9.

That's because you've played it a hundred times.  In terms of enemy placement, level design, instant death spikes, etc. they are pretty close.

he-he... gotta love capcom for the insta-death spike placement.

some notable ones:

Jewel Mans stage: you get a sliver of ground in front of the boss room entrance and spikes line the wall in front of you (above the door) and you need to reach it with a times jump from a swinging pendalum.

Hornet mans stage: the area where you first enountor the Shear enemies. if you dont master small jumps you're sure to hit those spikes inches above mega's head.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2008, 10:14:25 PM »
That's because you've played it a hundred times.

I see what you are saying in that with a lot of repetitious practice of the same levels it does seem easier to me, so I guess it is just a matter of time before I think MM9 is easy too, but I doubt it because I'm having a much tougher challenge with the bosses than I did with in either MM1 (I have yet to beat the Yellow Devil) and MM2 (right now on HARD, and on Dr.Wily's stage 5). I do agree with you that the stages aren't that tough, not even the elephants are a challenge for me anymore.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »
That's because you've played it a hundred times.

I see what you are saying in that with a lot of repetitious practice of the same levels it does seem easier to me, so I guess it is just a matter of time before I think MM9 is easy too, but I doubt it because I'm having a much tougher challenge with the bosses than I did with in either MM1 (I have yet to beat the Yellow Devil) and MM2 (right now on HARD, and on Dr.Wily's stage 5). I do agree with you that the stages aren't that tough, not even the elephants are a challenge for me anymore.

tip: use elec mans weapon

pro tip: use the 'pause glitch' if you really need to...

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 25, 2008, 11:31:56 PM »
:) I know about those two tips, thanks Easycure. I'm sure I will find my way of beating it in due time, but my focus is now on MM9.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 25, 2008, 11:43:04 PM »
:) I know about those two tips, thanks Easycure. I'm sure I will find my way of beating it in due time, but my focus is now on MM9.

as it should be ;)

i still havent beat the game but i'm hoping Yellow Devil makes a comeback cuz that'd be sweet. Then you'd be screwed and i'll LOL @ you

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #314 on: September 25, 2008, 11:50:30 PM »
Looks like only a couple more to go, Magma Man and Hornet Man. I have been sharing my time between this and N+ and I couldn't love both more (look for a N+ review in the blog section soon).
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2008, 11:58:37 AM »
Just got this last night for PS3.  It's a LOT harder than MM2.  It's not so much what you're doing, but the fact that they throw so much more advanced stuff at you right out of the gate.  With Mega Man 2, I hadn't played that game in 20 years yet I was able to sit down and beat Wood Man after about a half-hour of playtime.  In MM9, I didn't even make it to a boss after a half-hour - in fact, after about an hour of playing I was still in the "Holy crap this level is hard, let me try one of the other ones" phase.

With MM9, there's a whole lot of "are you kidding me?" that goes on.  It reminds me of the NES Ninja Gaiden games, in which you need to pretty much memorize enemy placement in order to beat levels.  This requires a lot of trial and error.  MM2 doesn't require this type of memorization.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
Jon, do you like the PS3 version?  I'm still trying to decide between Wii and PS3.  The main thing making me lean towards PS3 is that I don't want to have to clean out the fridge.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »
Stop whining about spikes or I'll force you to play IWBTG :P

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
The PS3 version is fine.  I got it for that exact reason - I didn't want it taking up space on my Wii.  The game screen has a black border (since the PS3 is HD and has more screen real estate), but aside from that it looks exactly like an NES game.  Plays nicely with the PS3 D-Pad as well.

And of course it has the online leaderboards, although it doesn't have trophy support.  Not sure if that's coming or not, but I'm not a huge trophy guy so I'm not really concerned.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Hmm, so does that mean the Wii version doesn't have online leaderboards?
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:02 PM »
I believe it does for things like time attack and fastest time to completion of game. I haven't tried it out yet but that is what I read.
Edit:I just looked and it does have leaderboards for the two modes that I mentioned as well as another in between those two.I don't know what that other mode is. I would guess that you have to beat the game to get that mode.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:30:02 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Hmm, the Wii leaderboards don't do anything cool like show you your scores relative to people on your Wii friends list do they?

Man I can't decide what system to buy this guy on....
---------------------

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2008, 02:05:30 PM »
the only right way to play an oldschool mega man game is on a nintendo system with a rectangular contoler in hand and only two buttons under your right thumb.

easy choice.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »
Pale there isn't a way to look at that stuff, it is more you vs the world, but EasyCure has a point.
What will you decide?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2008, 02:15:27 PM »
Pale there isn't a way to look at that stuff, it is more you vs the world, but EasyCure has a point.
What will YOU decide?

*dramatic music*