Author Topic: REVIEWS: The World Ends With You  (Read 20343 times)

Offline lol@you

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: REVIEWS: The World Ends With You
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »
lol, they also were the ones who gave zelda phantom hourglass a 7.5

looks like NWR is full of wannabe badasses so-called journalists.

It's a shame that the internet is full of people like that.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
Please don't feed the gamefaqs monkey people. It will soon die without sustenance.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 07:57:36 PM »
It will soon die without sustenance.

I just got a pizza!
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »
In another strange twist, clothing is not associated with a particular sex.

Pale, this is your vital misreading of the game, and the reason the game will NEVER work for you. If you cannot comprehend this, then there is no hope for your poor soul.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:03:10 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 08:32:42 PM »
In another strange twist, clothing is not associated with a particular sex.

Pale, this is your vital misreading of the game, and the reason the game will NEVER work for you. If you cannot comprehend this, then there is no hope for your poor soul.  ;)

oh horse ****, it isn't Pale's fault that Square are a bunch or Metro sexual fruits. God I HATE THAT.  Imagine going back in time and seeing THAT.

I don't want THAT.

:)
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Aero Leviathan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 10:13:42 PM »
I was wondering if I'd see a review like this that echoes some of the disappointment I felt trying this game, after all the hype it got.

Incidentally, it's pitiable that some people feel the need to validate their opinions by forcing them on others.

looks like NWR is full of wannabe badasses

It's a shame that the internet is full of people like that.

The irony here is staggering.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »
In his defence, I am a wannabe badass.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 12:01:52 AM »
In his defence, I am a wannabe badass.

No time for wannabes here, I'm the real deal. :P
Check out PixlBit!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:26 AM »

I'm totally shocked, SHOCKED. What, monkeys review games now? Seriously, this has to be one of the most stupid reviews that I have ever seen. Not a surprise really, Nintendo World Report is a complete turd, and I only registered here to tell the reviewer of TWEWY that he should find a new job, because as a journalist, dude you are among the worst.

Let's see:

Control:  7.5
       Most of the stylus-based attacks work quite well.  Some (namely "scratching") are near impossible.  Movement takes a lot of practice as well.

Oh seriously? I think that your DS is broken pal, because for me EVERY SINGLE pin worked perfectly. You only have to know HOW to use it, but it looks like that was too hard for you. Now you are saying that "most of the stylus based attacks worq quite well, and some like scratching don't" then, that's the reason to give it a 7.5? For God's sake.

Gameplay:  6.5
       The battle system doesn't require that much strategy, which results in fighting that is often times monotonous.  Thankfully, the game doesn't focus on leveling up, so constant battling isn't required.

I can't believe it. Dude, this game is probably the RPG with the most amount of strategy involved in the battles. You can combine literally dozens of dozens of pins, and each combination leads you to a different way to play the game. Clothing also adds another layer of strategy.

Final:  7.5
       The story of The World Ends With You makes up for its relatively stale gameplay, making this a respectable RPG.  Fans of Kingdom Hearts will most likely enjoy this game, as the action-oriented battle system and character designs are very similar.     

Stale gameplay? Ok dude, you crossed the line. You are an ignorant that doesn't know anything about games. The World Ends With You has the best gameplay in any RPG in recent memory; fantastic use of the DS, excelent amount of customization, great production values.

Respectable RPG? Cliche word for a worthless review, way to end a laughable review!!

You have to be an animal to believe what the "person" who wrote this said. Congratulations monkey, you wanted to be the "badass" of the journalists being the FIRST PERSON IN THE WORLD who gives this game anything below 8.

If the users of this site have brain, go and read the reviews in every other RESPECTABLE website, The World Ends With You is a critically acclaimed game that it's getting only high 8's 9's and perfect scores. Go and buy it, is by far the best rpg of the year.

To the reviewer, hardcore gaming looks to complicated for you to understand, you should dedicate to other things that are not related with gaming.

Looks like for the animals, so-called reviewers of Nintendo World Report, TWEWY and Zelda Phantom Hourglass are as good as Drake & Josh DS:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/reviewArt.cfm?artid=14227

What a joke of a website.[/b]

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 02:25:25 AM »
I wish somebody would hate on my reviews.

Perhaps Pokemon Mystery dungeon... if something ever happens with that review.

Whatever comes out of it, I'll complain that you didn't complain enough about the dungeons, thus showing your bias towards all thing Pokemon. OK?

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 03:26:50 AM »
Cool, but you might need to change it to "complained too much" about them.  I rag on them pretty hard, and I'm pretty sure Neal does the same.

I mean, they're effing terrible.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 04:37:43 AM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to plug my even-handed Phantom Hourglass review (8/10) that everyone forgets about.

Also, breaking news: Adam Kontras gave Super Mario Sunshine an 8/10....but no one remembers that.
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 05:27:25 AM »
Cool, but you might need to change it to "complained too much" about them.  I rag on them pretty hard, and I'm pretty sure Neal does the same.

All reviewers can use more colourful language in their reviews of bad games. I don't think you could rag on a Pokemon game enough, let alone a bad Pokemon game.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 01:47:05 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to plug my even-handed Phantom Hourglass review (8/10) that everyone forgets about.

Am I the only one who feels that Phtantom Hourglass was the best Zelda since OoT? And that it deserved a score in the 9.0 to 9.5 range? *sigh*
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »

Am I the only one who feels that Phtantom Hourglass was the best Zelda since OoT? And that it deserved a score in the 9.0 to 9.5 range? *sigh*

Yes. Every other Zelda > Phantom Hourglass > Zelda II. Temple of the Ocean King FTL; without it I might've enjoyed it a bit more, but it still wouldn't have been one of my favorites.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »
I don't think the lack of gender segregated clothing is an issue, if cross-dressing is the in-thing to do then why not. Too bad you can't see the clothes on the characters :P. Shiki in Mus Rattus gear (bland, boring clothes) and Neku decked out with Lapin Angelique (goth loli)... Would be epic win.

Oh and I hate the music I've heard so far...

Using pins blindly for a second or two isn't a big issue if you've got pins with some ammo, just keep firing at the cluster of enemies, you'll probably land plenty of hits.

Also, breaking news: Adam Kontras gave Super Mario Sunshine an 8/10....but no one remembers that.
Yeah, that's overrating.

Kairon: Agreed. PH > FSA > MC > TP > WW > OOT

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »

Yes. Every other Zelda > Phantom Hourglass > Zelda II. Temple of the Ocean King FTL; without it I might've enjoyed it a bit more, but it still wouldn't have been one of my favorites.

The Ocean King Temple was amazing. It showed great design in that your relationship with the level matured and changed as you grew more powerful. It was a dungeon design that existed in the fourth dimension: time changed the dungeon's challenges and difficulty and tasks, but with you as the cause as well as the solution.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »
Or at very least using different items made each run different enough that it wasn't really doing the same dungeon six times.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2008, 02:22:59 PM »
I'll agree with your sentiment, but don't make me replay parts I've already been through, what, 4 times? That was a major turn off for me. If you lost on one of the last play-thrus of the Temple you were forced to dump another 15 or more minutes to replay the same **** over again. Tedium is not my thing and that was all that Temple seemed to provide for me.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
I agree with Mr. Jack although I still love Phantom Hourglass. I kinda think WW is better than TP or PH though.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 03:36:13 PM »
Mr. Jack you are debating someone who loves Far Cry, this Kairon individual lives off tedium.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 03:49:34 PM »
I'll agree with your sentiment, but don't make me replay parts I've already been through, what, 4 times? That was a major turn off for me. If you lost on one of the last play-thrus of the Temple you were forced to dump another 15 or more minutes to replay the same **** over again. Tedium is not my thing and that was all that Temple seemed to provide for me.

Aren't you exagerating things? With saves and shortcuts each playthrough I felt that each playthrough was unique and of a good manageable length.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
I really hated the Temple of the Ocean King sequence in The World Ends With You.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »
I agree with Mr. Jack. The items did change the way you played through the temple, but it still came down to find thing, place thing, move on. Being able to do the same thing slightly faster or minutely different didn't change the fact that you were doing the same thing again.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »
I agree with Mr. Jack. The items did change the way you played through the temple, but it still came down to find thing, place thing, move on. Being able to do the same thing slightly faster or minutely different didn't change the fact that you were doing the same thing again.

One of these days I need to quantitatively measure and evaluate Ocean Temple playthroughs...