Author Topic: The Conduit  (Read 495088 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit
« Reply #2750 on: March 03, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
No, he didn't use WiiSpeak. I think he had connection issues because I dropped out and rejoined then jropped out again while we were waiting for someone else.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: March 03, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »
No, he didn't use WiiSpeak. I think he had connection issues because I dropped out and rejoined then jropped out again while we were waiting for someone else.

I have a wii speak and actually heard some of you speaking, but the connection kept being interrupted. I tried to speak to all of you, but nothing happened.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2752 on: March 03, 2010, 07:49:24 PM »
I didn't see the Wii Speak bubble when you joined Kytim.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: March 03, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
I believe it was not plugged in, but I plugged it in and actually some one's voice.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: March 04, 2010, 12:14:38 AM »
You have to plug the Wii Speak into the system before you power it on in order for it to work.
You can still hear others even if you don't have one.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: March 04, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »
When is the next match?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: March 04, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Whenever we're all free. We don't usually plan these things, they usually just happen.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: March 04, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »
I maybe would play some later, just post something and if I see it I will.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: March 04, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
Oh i see, when i ask if anyone wants to play i get ignored but when Stratos does everyones all "oooh lets have fun without easycure!"

Thanks.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: March 04, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
Stratos is cooler.....
~David~

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: March 04, 2010, 09:14:59 PM »
Your opinion doesnt count cuz i havent seen you around the boards in forever...
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »
I've been here watching you. Actually posted quite a bit in the general gaming section, I didn't realize everyone though I had disappeared.
~David~

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: March 04, 2010, 09:46:26 PM »
i've barely made it out of the funhouse until today (and i was barely visiting as is) but the last time i remember reading a post of yours was.. well in this thread when the conduit came out. I think we even played a few matches together.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: March 04, 2010, 09:48:12 PM »
Well, I've been around and posting more since then. But since this year started I haven't had much time.
~David~

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: March 05, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »
Oh i see, when i ask if anyone wants to play i get ignored
When was this? Perhaps we were all busy?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: March 05, 2010, 03:47:06 AM »
Oh i see, when i ask if anyone wants to play i get ignored but when Stratos does everyones all "oooh lets have fun without easycure!"

Thanks.

Them's the breaks when you aren't as popular as I am ;)

Though remember I've badgered you to play a number of times and your stupid internet wouldn't let us.
My Game Collection

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: March 07, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »

Thanks.

That's different ;) I was at least willing to play and had the decency to not ignore your request :P

Them's the breaks when you aren't as popular as I am ;)

Though remember I've badgered you to play a number of times and your stupid internet wouldn't let us.
Oh i see, when i ask if anyone wants to play i get ignored
When was this? Perhaps we were all busy?

Actually I recall posting from my phone, and sometimes my posts don't go through in their entirety so perhaps no one saw it because it didn't show?

Besides, that was a fake tantrum. Just cuz its not in my sig anymore, doesn't mean you shouldn't all stop putting ;) and :P in each one of my post.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: March 11, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »
I just reviewed Pro's control setup (at the repeated suggestion from EC :P) and I noticed that the main issue is the turning speeds and having a bounding box at all.

I thought of a way to solve that, but first I have 2 questions.
1.) What is the button set-up for most FPS on Wii?

2.) Is there a camera lock option?

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:03 PM »
I just reviewed Pro's control setup (at the repeated suggestion from EC :P) and I noticed that the main issue is the turning speeds and having a bounding box at all.

I thought of a way to solve that, but first I have 2 questions.
1.) What is the button set-up for most FPS on Wii?

2.) Is there a camera lock option?

1. Theres other FPS's on wii?

2. You can use the lock-on button (default to C i believe) as a sort of camera lock.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: March 13, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
so you can use the camera in the bounding box and then hold C to lock your cursor and move the screen?

Sorry for my ignorance on this, but I have not popped The Conduit back in since the last multi-player match and haven't found the motivation to do so since.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: March 14, 2010, 03:37:26 AM »
nvm it works the other way around; use C to lock the camera in place and move your cursor anywhere outside the bounding box that would normally result in your character turning.

Offline gizmoo22

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: March 14, 2010, 04:00:19 AM »
That's good news! The wii really needs this to happen more often.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: March 14, 2010, 04:02:43 AM »
1. Theres other FPS's on wii?

Modern Warfare Reflex is a superior FPS for me. The only thing Conduit has over it is WiiSpeak Support but the online trumps it 1000 fold. Lobbyies and the ability to invite friends to matches and lots more settings and the whole rankings/exp feature makes it much more engaging. Plus there aren't rampant hacking issues destroying the fun in games.

Plus the whole game looks nicer in both online and single player and the SP is much more engaging.

Adding WiiSpeak and local multi to Modern Warfare would be the only way I could see it improving.
My Game Collection

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: March 14, 2010, 04:21:54 AM »
nvm it works the other way around; use C to lock the camera in place and move your cursor anywhere outside the bounding box that would normally result in your character turning.
What I think would work best (for me) is to use the bounding box, but be able to lock the cursor on the screen and move the whole camera with the cursor locked to wherever it was when I pushed the button. Then when I let go of camera lock, the screen will sit where I left it and go back to bounding box mode.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2774 on: March 14, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
I've been meaning to address your question, but haven't had a chance to fire up the game.

So what you're describing, in a real-world situation, is aiming your gun and maintaining that position, while allowing your eyes/head to turn and look elsewhere?  Sounds like it creates an on-rails situation that disconnects footwork from the camera, where you can walk in a straight line (your aim locked) and look around without deviating from your line, rather than causing steering that's directly determined by your camera.  This isn't possible on my scheme becuz mine assumes your aim and your "eye sight" are always tied together, for gaming purposes (while the real-world allows you to have a relaxed stance and not be in 100% aiming mode the entire time you hold the weapon).

You might achieve something close to that in Conduit by locking your camera (freezes your "forward" walking direction) and using a high Horizontal/Vertical View value to allow the camera to turn before your cursor exits the Bounding Box.  Of course, there's still no way to lock your cursor's position.  And when you release your lock, the camera will re-center to the current cursor position.

OH, YOU SEXY BEAST, YOU
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.