Author Topic: I HATE LAX  (Read 35372 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Between Decoyman, DrewMG, Uncle Bob, and myself there is line of stops from Nebraska to Ohio. Then you can move right on to EasyCure (unless someone here is in Pennsylvania?).
Man I was the only one from a more southern state at that event wasn't I....

I'm about 4-5 (or 8-9 if all the roads are covered in Snow) hours from UncleBob in Tennessee so I don't think I'll be much help.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
As awesome as traveling eastward would be, I really don't think It's going to be possible int eh time frame I'm planning. When I first dreamt this trip up a year ago or so I wanted to give myself 2 months, instead of two weeks, to cros teh continent, visiting Mexico too. Then my uni timetable came out and lolol one unit just keeps on ploughing on, through the mid year break. Am cry. So While I would love to, I'm going to put a limit on any diversions eastward and that limit is the seaboard state's eastward borders. Possible exception may be made for Reno (anybody live there???) So sorry Rat, I was really excited by your PM too.
Then again, if you guys think such excursions are at all possible, then I am very excited. You have to realise that my perspective of interstate travel is slightly warped since where I live, it takes 2 days to reach South Australia which includes driving on the flattest, straightest road in the world too.

By July or August I might might might have a new place with roomies (been crashing with my dad ever since the "I'm-moving-to-Portland-oh-wait-no-I'm-not" fiasco). If I do have a place of my own, consider the couch yours! There's some good brewpubs around here (and if you have a little cash (30 or 40 bucks) we can go see some authentic Shakespeare plays in an outdoor theatre, really sublime stuff), but I might have to join you on the trip up to Portland so we can really hit the town (we'll need a place to stay in P-town oh shits we should ask Rimmer I owe him a Professor Layton notepad). My area is not entertaining necessarily, but Crater Lake is pretty swank as are Ashland and Jacksonville.
That sounds epic. Shakespeare plays would be cool, I can afford to too thanks to weak US dollar! A travelling buddy would be cool to Portland also.

If I can't offer you a place to stay, you've gotta stop by so we can get some beers or whatever.
Like be a special guest on the podcast. 8)

What are your plans for transport? How will you be getting North? I'd be intrigued by the possibility of seeing some So Cali.
lolol hitchhiking :) I reckon I could just walk out onto that main road I-5 or whatever witha  sign saying "North" and it might be fun. I was hell keen on rail but then I heard that Henry Ford tore up America's railways in the 1800s which made me frown.
Oh and uh, Well I'm actually hoping to bump into PIAC, from Brisbane, while he's in Sacremento. And he flies out soon after I leave so at the moment my plan is actually to fly to Sacramento from LA. I hear it costs $fiftybux which is so cheap my head hurts. So yeah, I guess I won't be seeing much of SoCal. Never know, plans may change, in fact I'll be that far up the coast so quick, I could easily double back down.

edit: For the record, I live right on I-5 which I assume will be your main highway. A little less than three hours north is Eugene, a fine college town (U of O) and an hour or so north of that is Portland, the beer capitol of the world (and I'm not kidding).
Yeah I looked up Medford after checking your facebook profile on your location. I really don't see how I could avoid the town. Also this description of Portland has me very excited.

Hey RAB, I also live in Sacramento.

WE CAN HANG OUT
**** YEAH!

Although now that I think about it, I really should aim to get to Vancouver fairly briskly as I want to explore that Vancouver Island and also that's where I have my most solid, guaranteed place to stay, courtesy of a high school friend.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:03:21 PM by RABicle »
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
ALSO! it would be nice to hear from other people in collision course of my journey. Arbok, TYP, GoldenPheonix, Ian Sane, Windy, Kairon... you can't hide forever.

Will me convincing Bill to fly to the coast* encourage anyone?

*Totally thought up the idea just then.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 01:13:52 PM by RABicle »

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
I wish. Lately i've been longing for an adventure of sorts but i have no vacation time from work (the bastard cheated me out of it...) so i'm stuck here mon-fri. Even if i could just take off (the nice weather makes me want to quit just to go out and enjoy the world) I don't have much saved away to take a trip like that. Just flying to cali to meet up and road trip from there would be pretty expensive :(

maybe next year. we can have an anual road trip for NWR regulars!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Maybe you could stay with Bloodworth?

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
Trains are still a possibility, as there are a few but I have no idea where. The train doesn't stop in my town anymore, but there IS a train right to Portland. Ya'd have to do some research.

Consider Greyhound. It's hella sucky, but you can stop wherever and the tickets are like reusable or last for a week or something I don't know I never do it cause I have a car.

I'm checking airfare from Meddy to Sacramento: NWR meetup in ballSAC TOWN
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
Conceivably, really, you should drive from Sac-town to San Fran and visit Kairon and Mega. If I can make it, I'd love to have an NWR staffer "gettogether" in the gayest town in the world.

edit: Mega's in Berkeley, Kairon's in Fremont
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Yeah let's meet on Alcatraz Island.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Since we're on the topic of the Bay Area, I'll also add that one of the teachers from my highschool, who briefly tried to teach our BASIC programming class for a couple months before he was transferred cuz he didn't have the credentials, is one of the few who's jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and killed himself.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
If you don't mind about 2000 miles worth of water than you're free to stay here.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
But RAB, I have a car and am driving north around then anyways. It's cool though I am sorta out of the way. You don't think of the great distances when you grew up in NV though.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Dzapa

• View Profile
Dude come visit me and Kairon. Fremont isn't too far off.
"I will stand above you in heaven"

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
Re: Who wants to house RABicle? I LAND NEXT SATURDAY!
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »
Ok guys. I fly out NEXT FRIDAY AND WILL BE IN LA SATURDAY MORNING. I dunno why I didn't just book a ticket straight to San Francisco now because I plan to just train up to the bay area as soon as possible.

So look I need more then just expressions of interest now. I need CONFIRMATIONS of people who want to either; hang out, let me stay for a night (or two) or can possibly transport me around. And I'll need dates.

So. Unless there is anyone who wants to look after me for a night in LA (July 19th), I'm going straight to the Bay area. Who there can look after me?

Next up is Sacramento. Do we want to organise a meetup in Sacramento? This is July 20-25ish I'm looking at now. If not a meetup am I just gunna crash at Pro's or something?

Next is Oregon. Evan are we still catching up? What day is best for me to arrive? How long can I stay? Are we both going to Portland? Portland. Is anyone there willing to show me around?

I want to be in Victoria, BC by the 29th, probably catching the ferry from Seattle. I have people to stay with there (Victoria) but I might need help on the night of August 2nd in Vancouver. Anyone from there? (actually I might be covered here but in case I spend multiple nights on mainland Canada let me know.)

I fly out of Vancouver on the 3rd of August. In the morning.

I dont want to feel as if I'm pressuring anyone here, if you cant do anything or don't wanna, that's cool.

Also I have $750 in US monies right now. How long will this last? I can share some with people who are prepared to house me.

(comon, Sac meetup would be best and awesome, it'll be right after E3 we'll all be psyched.)

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2008, 11:41:14 AM »
HOLY ****, ALREADY?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2008, 12:07:27 PM »
A meetup would be cool.  Hopefully the wildfires and smoke are gone by then.  It would be an evening meetup most likely, because of my day job and all.  Someone should suggest something.

You're welcome to crash at my place.  I only have a small couch, unfortunately.  But it's in front of a TV!  oh snaps i should vacuum.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:10:04 PM by MADONNA DYNOMITE »

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 01:55:09 PM »
A meetup would be cool.  Hopefully the wildfires and smoke are gone by then.  It would be an evening meetup most likely, because of my day job and all.  Someone should suggest something.

You're welcome to crash at my place.  I only have a small couch, unfortunately.  But it's in front of a TV!  oh snaps i should buy lube.

doesn't sound like you if you're not cracking jokes.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 03:06:35 PM »
this is serious bizniss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »
no, this has to due with you two meeting offline aka IRL, as we all know...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help because I live 2,000 miles from the west coast.

However, I do have a favor to ask.  Can you buy me a copy of Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland and mail it to me once you touchdown in America?  I'll contribute to your pile of US monies.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help because I live 2,000 miles from the west coast.

However, I do have a favor to ask.  Can you buy me a copy of Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland and mail it to me once you touchdown in America?  I'll contribute to your pile of US monies.

Let me guess, they only sell that in San Fransisco, don't they?
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2008, 12:29:46 PM »
Fraid I cant Vudu as it hasn't been released in Australia

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2008, 05:08:02 PM »
i totally missed this thread...damnit!!! i live in tucson
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 05:12:21 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2008, 11:57:38 PM »
Allright can all those who are seeing me please drop a contact number and possibly address off in my PM inbox? kthxbai

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
You better be giving near daily accounts of your experiences, travels and the weakness that plauges the US.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 01:14:20 AM »
and don't forget to punch pro in the face for me, thanks