Poll

I thought this game....

was really interesting and had neat roles.
4 (40%)
was so-so and my enjoyment was hampered by the many crisis it faced.
3 (30%)
was terrible. It may be one of the worst games I ever played.
0 (0%)
made me question why I even signed up in the first place.
0 (0%)
should have another do-over and resend out the roles. Third time's the charm.
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Star Wars Mafia Day 9. Naboo.  (Read 10746 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Star Wars Mafia Day 9. Naboo.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »
Thatguy:  The day we started voting out townies was the day I knew you weren't to be trusted.  But I was busy in school to really focus on trying to convince everyone you were dangerous...and besides I didn't know if I could do it...and what if I was wrong.

You would have done much better to use your bomb earlier...to help you out...and you shouldn't have disconnected with me...because I am trusting, too much so, and you could have defused my alarm. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 04:50:44 PM »
Actually, I was trying to figure out all game long why a Mafia member would be so nonchalant about voting out fellow mafia members. It was only later on, almost too late, halfway through Wednesday, that I realized that thatguy wasn't mafia at all. He was someone who didn't care that mafia members died: the senator or bounty hunter. And thank god he ended up as the bounty hunter instead of the senator.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
I didn't have a bomb.  I only accumulated five points.

Vudu:  The point value for roled players was somewhat random.  I emailed Khush about a thousand questions before I turned on you all, and I figured if there was any weight to players, that the investigator would at least have been worth two.  I should have checked my PMs to see if anyone had told me their values, I think you had, too, but that was my mistake, because at that point, I figured with NuclearSpeed, no one could kill him, so even if I died, it wouldn't matter.

Kairon, I didn't lie at the end.  This is a point that I personally felt was different than everyone else.  Though I had the bounty hunter's powers, to me, I was still the senator.  My goals, though the same as the bounty hunter's, were the senator's.  Comparatively, if a mafia player had been balanced, that player was still in the mafia.  His goal was the mafia's and he would be a mafia player with a townie's powers.  That's basically how the game worked, but most people considered switched powers as each player, rather than as the beginning point with those players.

I would have bluffed about having the force rebound shield before I died, but I wasn't certain if you all were aiming to psyche me out and force me to admit that I was not on the townie's side, and I didn't want to do that.  Had I known that Jedi Mind-Trick could hit a rebounded player, I would have played some mind tricks with everyone, and had NuclearSpeed put the shield on me, since I was going after Shifty, because at that point, I was risking everything.  Since I assumed the shield beat everything, I "played it safe" and requested NuclearSpeed to block himself.

Spak:  As far as the game goes, I wasn't sure how much you were playing, there was a period where you weren't voting there, and I wanted to use you as a potential suspect to confuse the townies.  Remember, I wanted to be able to kill everyone in the know in one swing, then blame you for it, claiming that I was the Jedi Mind-Trick, saying I couldn't possibly be the Bounty Hunter, because I had not yet killed Pale, but ultimately, I couldn't make that claim as well, because there was no reason for me to have witheld that from Kairon.  I knew his plan was to reverse the vote late against me, don't get me wrong, I knew that as soon as he told me that was his plan.  However, I thought he might have been trying to make me flinch or panic, so I didn't want to do anything to alarming.

As far as voting out townies goes, we were only voting out people we had not yet investigated, and I was only killing the same.  Had we done otherwise, I would have been far too suspicious, and my goal was to trim the numbers some, not kill any specific target, because, like I said, ever since Day 4 or so, I was under the impression that my side had basically been invincible, and it was all a matter of getting a bill that could allow us to team up.

My goal was to engineer the game so that the townies didn't care about what was happening.  A game that they'd sleep through, basically.  At least, that was my goal when the mafia refused to talk to me after I contacted Crimm on Day 2.  Essentially, if there was someone I liked or could mislead, I tried to leave them alone.  I was going to let GP live because everyone always kills her right away, I was going to let Insanolord live, because he made my avatar, and I was going to let Spak live, because I like him, despite how risky things would be.  I was also hoping to save Pale for last, but that didn't happen.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
I knew that unless I could defeat the people who knew that Spak was the Jedi Mind-Trick, I'd be in trouble, so the hope was that we could kill all these people in one swoop, see, I, as bounty hunter, had four points, and was hoping that Shifty would be worth two, and early the next day, I'd bomb Kairon and either Spak or Vudu, but that fell apart when he was only worth one point.

And therein lies your mistake.  You knew I started out as Force Rebound.  I was worth three points.  I'm pretty sure that I kept my point value even after Shifty switched my role to a townie.  (He never said point values transferred.)

I didn't switch your role (and I'm not sure who was behind the decision to - I only heard that it worked). But take comfort in knowing I was only worth one point when thatguy backstabbed me.

As far as voting out townies goes, we were only voting out people we had not yet investigated, and I was only killing the same.  Had we done otherwise, I would have been far too suspicious, and my goal was to trim the numbers some, not kill any specific target, because, like I said, ever since Day 4 or so, I was under the impression that my side had basically been invincible, and it was all a matter of getting a bill that could allow us to team up.

Yeah, the townies were able to get into a strong position early. As soon as I knew you killed me, I joined the dots and realised you and Nuclearspeed had teamed up. Looking over the bills, which had specific advantages for the neutral (the apprentice should have caught my attention too).

If only I'd investigated Nuclearspeed instead of taking (at your word) that you were a townie. Oh well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 06:47:36 PM by Shift Key »

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
I have analogy make very good sense:

thatguy's plan is deathstar.
jedi mind trick is 2m thermal exhaust vents.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 11:11:37 PM »
thatguy:  Well in that case...no voting for your first day. 

My philosophy is to trust but verify in these games, and once something starts to not add up then I start to doubt.  In one Mafia game you said about somebody you should always question why a potentially good player is still alive, and why the Mafia didn't hit them.  That was my first suspicion of you.  Second, was because I have played with you so many times on the townies side...you don't get sloppy and kill innocents without explaining yourself...and you never drop contact with people...now I was a rare case.  I hadn't been playing for two reasons...time, and I didn't know who to trust...because I quickly began to doubt you. 

It was a good play, that Kairon got in touch with me.  He basically threatened me into revealing my role.  Stated he believed I was either Mafia or the Senator.  I told him my role, but afterwards I had second doubts, and was thinking about switching his vote...and voting for him.  Luckily we killed you...but at first I forgot the Bounty Hunter was a bad role, and that was why I voted for Kairon.  Nuclear Speed followed quickly and voted for him too...thinking that he would use me as cover.  Then I remembered Bomber equaled very bad...and I switched my vote to Nuclear Speed and made him vote for himself.

I had been doing that the entire game with everyone because I thought it was funny.  Who knew it would work so great as of a system...to get rid of target. 

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2008, 11:31:41 PM »
Wait a second Spak-Spang, I ACCUSED you of being the senator? the mafia? What? When?

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2008, 11:35:45 PM »
Wait a second Spak-Spang, I ACCUSED you of being the senator? the mafia? What? When?

Actually I think that was me. Didn't read my notes right and forgot all the previous PMs we'd exchanged.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2008, 11:48:39 PM »
Actually Spak, I knew your role from early on. The townies knew it. I just didn't tell you that I knew it.

Oddly enough though, thatguy told me that he was your role even though the townies had known that you had the jedi mind trick powers early on and had disseminated that information. It was an odd misstep for thatguy to make, though by then he may have been resigned to dying.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »
Oops I got Shiftkey and Kairon mixed up.  Sorry.

Shift Key did that.

Yeah, I think I told GoldenPhoenix my role early on because the had a deal...and thatguy as well.  So I only remember telling 3 people my role, the last being shift key...and the reason I did that was Brawl was out, and if I died, I died.  Brawl was calling.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2008, 03:59:39 AM »
Boy are you guys lucky that my roommate had brawl an entire month before it came out stateside, so I wasn't brawl crazy like you all are and I could keep my head IN THE GAME and pull off a win! &P

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2008, 05:45:47 AM »
Ugh, I had investigated nuclearspeed found out he was the bounty hunter and was planning on voting him out, but I didn't get on early enough and just decided to bandwagon instead. That was the day oohboy was voted out.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 01:40:10 PM »
Actually Spak, I knew your role from early on. The townies knew it. I just didn't tell you that I knew it.

Oddly enough though, thatguy told me that he was your role even though the townies had known that you had the jedi mind trick powers early on and had disseminated that information. It was an odd misstep for thatguy to make, though by then he may have been resigned to dying.

See, Spak hadn't been investigated, neither had I. Had you talked to me more, I was going to convince you that he must've been the senator, we knew something was up, and that we went along it, so hopefully he wouldn't try to get us killed. The idea was that he had a difficult role to prove.