Author Topic: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Oh God, transition raped my text!  (Read 122975 times)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

~ Same with Super Mario Galaxy and some other Wii games.  [Bill: I've heard that you get Mario Galaxy music for having Mario Galaxy save data!]

Oh yeah, there's a megaton right there.  With music from Mario Galaxy in the game, Brawl will without a doubt have the greatest videogame sountrack ever, BY FAR.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Hey, with all the fake rosters flying around, perhaps one of them is the real deal? =)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile

Hey, with all the fake rosters flying around, perhaps one of them is the real deal? =)

Ninja Jajamaru confirmed for Brawl.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
You know that "predict the final roster" thread I made? We should also compile all the lists and see which one was right on the money?

Have you found any more lists besides the two you posted on the megaton thread, Bill?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: pap64
F*ck you, SB. I don't tell you how to live your life so don't tell how to live mine!

I would SLAM YOUR HAND IN A CAR DOOR to keep you from using stickers. Count on it.

I'm hoping for a full roster leak any day now.

I want to know if I should be happy or pissed.  
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
I would SLAM YOUR HAND IN A CAR DOOR to keep you from using stickers. Count on it.

Aaaaaww you DO care .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: pap64
You know that "predict the final roster" thread I made? We should also compile all the lists and see which one was right on the money?

Have you found any more lists besides the two you posted on the megaton thread, Bill?

I have, but many of them have been discounted because the prophets said other things that have been proven to be false...I'll see what I can dig up later...

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
Someone speculated that Nintendo hired a small army of trolls to go post fake rosters so even if the real one was leaked, no one would believe the leaker.

Seems believable to me...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
The problem is that leakers this time around seem even more conflicting than I recall they were with Melee...Here are the "leaked" partial rosters by the three prophets I'm following right now (the ones that aren't laughably bad):

NyaseNya
~ In: Mr. Game & Watch, Ness, Wind Waker Link
~ Out: Megaman

One_Step
~ In: Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Lucario, Krystal, Wind Waker Link, AC Villager, Geno, Paper Mario, Unknown Wario franchise character, Wolf, Sukapon

UltimateX64
~ In: Ganondorf, Lucario, Geno, Bowser Jr.
~ Out: Ness, Mewtwo, Ridley, Wolf, Sukapon, King K. Rool

And even then they each have quirks I find odd...We can only wait for someone to be kind and take some pics of their review copy! ='D

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
Yeah, I'm waiting for screens before I believe anything.

It's impossible to separate the truth from the attention whores.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Someone speculated that Nintendo hired a small army of trolls to go post fake rosters so even if the real one was leaked, no one would believe the leaker.

Seems believable to me...

Well, it ain't that surprising, considering companies have sent shills and spambots to advertise their products. So who's to say Nintendo hasn't sent trolls just so people can speculate and further fan the hype.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Is this the same company that uses friend codes for online games
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile

~ If you have a save data of SSBM you will get special trophies, BGM etc.

~ Same with Super Mario Galaxy and some other Wii games.  [Bill: I've heard that you get Mario Galaxy music for having Mario Galaxy save data!]

SMG save data I understand, but not the SSBM data, the wii has access to the GC memory card? I thought it didn't...
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
You are unable to save Wii data onto a GC memory card, but I've never heard anything about the Wii not being able to access what is on it...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
You can manage data on the GC memory card in the Wii Menu, why not in a Wii game?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
Mantidor's just confused between Galaxy and Sunshine.

On the roster subject, I've seen about 20 fake rosters "leaked" to Smashboards in the last 2 weeks.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Yeah, but most of them are hilariously bad, like the ones I've seen that think that Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal will all be playable...Sorry, but there will not be four representatives for the Star Fox franchise...

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

Yeah, but most of them are hilariously bad, like the ones I've seen that think that Fox, Falco, Wolf, and Krystal will all be playable...Sorry, but there will not be four representatives for the Star Fox franchise...

Of course not Bill, your forgetting Slippy and Peppy, that's more like six

Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
And people thought Ninty was spamming the Mario and Pokemon franchises in the game... =(

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
I want Slippy just for the voice alone~!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Yeah Foxes final smash should involve a random conversation.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile

HAHAHA!

It's the armor jewels from Diablo!!! And I mean an EXACT rip off, too, right down to the limited space and non-stackable effects...

Diablo invented non-stacking stat boosts.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
Here we go with more goodies from World Hobby Fair, still yet to be confirmed...

~ Cherimu Pokeball
~ Darkrai Pokeball
~ Chansey Pokeball
~ Leafeon Pokeball
~ Adeline (Kirby series) AT  

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
Speaking of fake character lists, now there's people reporting that a Japanese newspaper reviewed the game and said there's a total of 48 characters in the game.

Now 48 characters would be nice and all, but I don't see it happing.  If there's 48 characters and the game is still balanced they'd still be working on this until 2009.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Speaking of fake character lists, now there's people reporting that a Japanese newspaper reviewed the game and said there's a total of 48 characters in the game.

Now 48 characters would be nice and all, but I don't see it happing.  If there's 48 characters and the game is still balanced they'd still be working on this until 2009.

Yeah, 48 would be overdoing it. Minimum I see 35, maximum 40. Anything beyond that would be silly.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer