Author Topic: So, is the Wii Zapper worth getting?  (Read 11736 times)

Offline Uncle Bob

• Bob-to-go
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:So, is the Wii Zapper worth getting?
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »
Limited resources isn't about making a game more tedious, it's about forcing you to think differently - yeah, it's easier to throw a bomb or shoot an arrow to kill an enemy from a distance, but if you have a very limited supply of bomb and arrows, you'll be looking for another way to dispatch the enemies to conserve your supplies.  It'll cause you to rethink puzzles as well... Sure, I can just shoot arrows at targets endlessly instead of trying to figure out what order I'm supposed to hit them in... Or instead of actually trying to improve my aim and hitting the target the first time, I can just rapidly fire off 10 shots and hope one gets it...  

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:So, is the Wii Zapper worth getting?
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

Pap supports Zelda Pinball and Zelda Hang gliding next!

Anything's better than another Twilight Princess garbage dump game! _

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
RE: So, is the Wii Zapper worth getting?
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
I wonder if they will make a Zelda Party series of games. :p Seriously, wouldn't it be cool if there was something like the Mario Party games, except that it had Zelda characters and a Zelda theme to it?
is your sanity...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »
I'd actually like to have another multi-player themed Zelda collection like Four Swords Adventures.  Another Four Swords game (more like the Game Boy one), more Shadow Battle, Navi Trackers in English (crazy boat yelling in moon language is scary), some multi-player LCT-esque shooting, and, perhaps, some other Zelda-themed games.  I don't want it to be a "Zelda Party" in the Mario Party board game styling, but I'm all for tons of "mini-games" from all over the Zelda universe/time line.

Oh, and there must be Monster Hunting from FSA.  That rocked.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2007, 03:41:53 PM »
Sometimes limited resources suck. The infinite bombs to use in the cannon in Zelda: PH while sailing were WONDERFUL compared to having to use your own bombs in Windwaker and running out being a constant headache and danger.  
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
It's a matter of balance.  In PH/WW, while sailing, the main weapon you have is Bombs/Cannon Balls, so in that case, putting a tight limit on them would something like putting a limit on how often you get to swing your sword.  I'd see nothing wrong personally with separating bombs from cannon balls, so that they can tightly control the amount of bombs you have while allowing virtually unlimited cannon balls while sailing (assuming there is some kind of sailing in a future game).
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.