Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 6.  (Read 8842 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 6.
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:29:40 PM »
As operator of the local General Store, TVMan had genreally been busy working at his store while the rest of the town boozed up what might be their final days. This had paid off in the fact that he wasn't always noticed by the town folks and their drunken accusations. It kept his mind sharp and allowed him access to many fine luxeries. Using these, TVMan had been able to gain much influence in the town. Thus, it was a bit of a surprise when a large group of townies came to his shop and called him a filthy low down swindler. Appearantly, one of the products TVMan sold at his store had caused a great deal of anger to the citizens.

"This checkers game just follows the same formula as the last few checkers games you've sold. All you've done is made the playing peices higher quality and changed the colors. It still follows the same gameplay as the other checkers games and its getting boring."

"Yeah, why can't checkers games have an epic story where it explains what happens when you reach enemy territory and turn into a king?"

"What if the checkers board was even bigger instead of the small one that it is now. What if the checkers board expanded into other boards like the chess board?

"I'd like a checkers game where the player fails."

Somehow, despite being dead, people still filled in what Stinky Pete would have said about the situation. I guess he talked that much. Still, it creates some awful plotholes and by the time we get out of them, TVMan had already reached for one of the many guns he sold and held it at the crowd.

"Now don't any of you city folks get any fancy ideas. I have no plans to go to trial. I've seen what this Judge Khushrenada is. He's a hangin' judge and ain't no judgin' lenient judge. So, if you'll excuse me, I'll just leave town if you think I am so guilty and we'll see if your troubles still persist. Which they will because your after another innocent man," TVMan shouted to the crowd.

With that he began to back out of the store. He reached the back door, swung it open and ran out. Outside the store, TVMan did a quick sweep up and down the street to see if anyone was around but it was empty. He started to run when a shot rang out and his gun flew from his hand. Having felt some great force on his hand, he looked down to see it had been shot. Walking out from behind a barrel was Sheriff Rock Williams, his pistol drawn and aimed at TVMan.

"Going somewhere TVMan? Or should I say, Col. Sancho Volente? Didn't realize I had finally caught up to you. You've been careless, Col. Perhaps you felt you had the town in your grasp. I know it seemed like that might be the case. But you forgot who you were dealing with Col. I never stop pursuing any criminal in my sights. Now, turn around and march to the courthouse," the Sheriff ordered.

By this time, the crowd in the General Store had come out back to see what was going on. Across the street, Judge Khushrenada and Saloon Girl Sally came out of the bar to watch.

Volente tried to figure out how he could get out of this one. He eyed his gun lying on the ground. He dove to reach it but the sheriff was too quick for him and shot the gun further out of reach.

"You're not getting it back. Now get up," ordered the sheriff.

There's no way I'm going to hang, Volente thought, I will not suffer such an indignity. Volente slowly got to his feet and realized what he had to do. He raised his hands in the air and by doing this, was able to pull out a knife hidden up his sleeve. Volente tossed the knife at the sheriff and then hightailed it and ran down the street and turned around the corner of a building, yelling, "The great Volente can be caught by no man. I will dance a thousand dances before you ever catch up to me."

Sheriff Rock Williams quickly dodged the knife but by the time he had gotten out of the way and then raised his pistol for a shot, Volente had fled around the building. Rock quickly got to his feet and ran after Volente. Turning around the corner of the building Volente had around, Rock came upon the Doctor John Baxter standing over an unconscious Volente and a plank of wood in his hands.

"What happened?" asked the Sheriff.

"When I saw Volente was going to try to make a break for it, I quickly grabbed this plank and ran this way to cut him off. As soon as he turned the corner, POW! Right in the kisser," the doctor explained.

"John, you are the best friend a sheriff could ask for. C'mon, let's take him to the judge," Rock replied.

"Well, I'll be jiggered. They actually caught an outlaw. And Volente no less. I guess that sheriff is good for something," Judge Khushrenada said.

"Unlike you," Saloon Girl Sally replied, tired of the Judge's attitude.

"You wouldn't say that after one night with me," responded the Judge.

"Ha. If you're anything like you are in the saloon, no thanks. I don't need an evening of you just staring at me all night," retorted Sally. Then she added, "Or maybe its my dress that's caught your eye. In that case, I'm sorry to tell you that it's not your size."

With that, Sally went back into the Saloon. Just watch out, the judge thought to himself. I'm still the law in these parts. In a foul mood, Judge Khushrenada ordered the hanging of Volente immediately. Hopefully, a hanging could return him to good cheer.

"Any last words, Volente?" the judge asked.

"Yes. Even though I, the great Col. Sancho Volente have stolen many things from these peoples, I want to let you know that your humble town has stolen my heart."

"Aww. Let's him go," someone from the crowd cried out.

"It's too late. He's already dead," said the Judge already walking away from the crowd. Indeed, hanging in the wind was the once and mighty Volente. Peace was returning to Stumbleton Creek Valley.

------
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 6.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 07:30:03 PM »
Heads up:

I write too much story. Its a known fact. But I just can't seem to help myself. Unfortunately, that sometimes means I think of all the writing I have to do and don't really want to do it. Thus, why I still have to update Day 3 and 5 for their story. And now I just need to conclude today's story also. Why can't I keep things simple?

Anyways, voting ends at midnight eastern. The quick list of what happened for Day 5 is as follows:

TVMan (Col. Sancho Volente) - Death by vote
Sessha (Bandit #3) - Black Heart Jack

The following people need to vote today or will die:

Crimm
Nuclearspeed
Stevey
Zach

That is all.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 07:52:35 PM »
That's much better. We were concerned about Volente being involved with the townies.

I'll post my suspicions over the remaining roles later.

EDIT: Props for working "POW, right in the kisser" into the story, Khush. I lol'd.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:26:19 PM »
I have seen a pattern of voting that makes me suspicious.  It only took 6 days but now I say vote Zach
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE: Mafia XIX: Hang 'Em High. Day 6.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 01:17:51 AM »
Well, I'll be. Two good for nothin hombres left.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 01:20:37 AM »
I concur

Day 1: No vote
Day 2: 18 Days – Townie (only vote)
Day 3: 18 Days – Townie
Day 4: Sir Stabbalot – Townie (late vote)
Day 5: No vote

VOTING FOR A TIE HA HA KIDDING  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 01:55:29 AM »
Vote Zach obviously, but that leaves someone. Someone who is in the townsfolk alliance by my figuring.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 02:13:27 AM »
Well both Zach and Stevey are the final Mafia.

Changed my mind...I don't like that idea after all.

Vote Zach  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:25:53 AM »
Paging the saloon girl to this thread

VOTE ZACH  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 02:50:31 AM »
Man, FINALLY Cleared out all my PMs this game.  I guess it is finally over.  What more can the Mafia do?  They can hit us one more time. Before we weed them all out.  Tomorrow we will vote the last one and they will not get a kill.  Good Riddances.  

I decided against a tie vote, though it should lead to a Townie Win Still it would just be a bloody Mess, because 3 people would be killed.  2 Townies from the Tie, and the Killer is still out.  But Hey, perhaps the Mafia will help with a tie just for one last big day.  Or perhaps not.  

I think I will be living this town soon to find my dear old Time Traveling Doctor Brown, and find my way home back to year 1985.  

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 03:05:06 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
it would just be a bloody Mess

Hahaha, that would be the perfect icing for the game. Bloodshed, followed by more bloodshed, then a couple of key hits, then more bloodshed.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 03:15:11 AM »
That sessha had been bunking with me. He was a sly one, almost as sly as stevey. At least he didn't try to influence my voting.

VOTE Zach

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:16:15 AM »
Wait what!  I know Im not part of your alliance, (nobody ever bothered to invite me, I dont like to ask around myself in this game, Khush and thatguy would confirm that if one wasnt dead and the other wasnt hosting).  But just because I didnt vote for TVman yesterday does not mean anything.  You guys said it yourselves, The mafia would have voted for TVman instantly to make themselves look innocent.  May I remind you that other than that my vote record is very similar to many of yours, maybe Shyguy is right, maybe you should look in your own organization for a traitor (just like Sessha).

Honestly, what happened is that I got kinda sick of one innocent vote after another, and I didnt know if you guys were actually doing anything right. So I figured all I could do was watch you dig your own grave.  But you happened to do right last night, congrats.  Now why not keep it up by giving this townie a chance!?
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 05:29:16 AM »
Ok, don't just talk the talk, walk the walk.

Put up a screenshot of your PM from Khush and prove it, or PM it over to me. And don't lie cause I'll see through it.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 06:56:29 AM »
Fine, no problem. I will, gimme a minute to find it.

Here it is

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 08:02:29 AM »
Suddenly, a strange man wearing blue longjohns with red underwear on the outside and a red cape swoops down out of the sky.

Let me take a look at that telegram from Zach.

The stranger scans it with his xray vision

I'm sorry but its forged. The color levels behind the text do not match the document.

Up, up, and away!

SWOOOOOOOSH

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to side with the man in blue on this one. Nice try though

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 08:24:30 AM »
Good One Zach.  

It would actually be believable....IF you didn't have a sheriff that has personally IDed more than half the remaining townies...wait correction ALL the remaining townies.

You should have at least tried to say you were the Killer, because that would have been more believable.  Then you could of tried to make a deal with us...instead you went for the townie role.  Oh well.

Anyhow, I will be hosting a Mafia game, and if anyone asks for Screen Capture Proof will be killed, or I will send a PM message the beginning of the game saying all Special roles are just normal townies so that this whole screen capture PM crap can't work.  

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
Aw man. I was hoping to make a niche market of providing screen captures that can't be determined if they're fake or not.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:06 AM »
well it seems that Zach will be the next one rolling out of town.

Zach

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »
I want to go back to the time where I was just shooting randomly into the crowd.  That's the best days in Mafia.  Now it's just organized killing.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »
It seemed to me that most of the action was going on with PMs.

Maybe next time no PMs? Won't that be interesting. . .

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 09:12:58 AM »
There is no way to enforce NO PMS.  The truth is the game lives and dies on the PMs and the lies you can spread.  

Just look at Decoyman, he was able to gain complete townie trust in one of the townie mobs, and if there was no screen capturing then nothing would have stopped the Mafia.

Truthfully, this was one of the most exciting Mafia games in awhile...and the townies look to heading for a win, but my leadership did not help us win...actually it was the Killer that helped setup victory.

MAFIA KILLS So Far:

2- Killed by the Killer
1- Killed by inactivity
1- Killed by Vote

Townies are getting smarter, but so is the Mafia, and if the inactive Mafia member would have played, at this point in the game the Mafia would win.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 09:35:10 AM »
Now you Polecats know I went the no private messages route. It's more fun to keep the action all above board.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Good One Zach.  

It would actually be believable....IF you didn't have a sheriff that has personally IDed more than half the remaining townies...wait correction ALL the remaining townies.

You should have at least tried to say you were the Killer, because that would have been more believable.  Then you could of tried to make a deal with us...instead you went for the townie role.  Oh well.

Anyhow, I will be hosting a Mafia game, and if anyone asks for Screen Capture Proof will be killed, or I will send a PM message the beginning of the game saying all Special roles are just normal townies so that this whole screen capture PM crap can't work.
You forget that you had already PMed me telling me that you had found the killer (clever trap or accidental, I dont know.) Seems I was screwed no matter what I did)

Fine I admit defeat.  There are a couple of things I would however like to address.  First of all MY SCREENCAP IS NOT A FAKE YOU BAFFOON! just kidding about the baffoon part Did you possibly decide it was a fake before you even looked at it? You seem to not have noticed that I cropped off the date.  Second of all, you townies are extremely lucky.  If not for the blunder where our godfather had neglected to make a hit on the first day (DAMMIT TVMAN JK), and KS' absence, this game would be over by now.  Just goes to show that the little things make a huge difference.

I will go with a little dignity if I gotta go.  Lets make it unanimous Vote Zach

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
You gave it a good run, Pilgrim.