Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help  (Read 125314 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker General Help
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2003, 02:25:27 PM »

Originally posted by: enigma487
SPOILERS

Looking for some help Bloodworth...
i got the pearls in the statues and the castle popped up.  i got in there and got to a room with a big eye.  should i have the bow by now?  that's my main question.  and anyone got a small hint for how to get the treasure in the forbidden forest.  i got the boomerang, and the pirate talks to me when i pick up this one nut, and tells me it's right below a nut like it...  just looking for a small hint.  (if i get in to a walkthrough or something i'll read way too much.).

Thanx

I think that you do get the bow in the tower, but I'll check on it when I get back.  The Forbidden Forest?  Is that the US name of the forest dungeon?  I'll check on that for you too.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline theatomicclam

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2003, 03:14:40 PM »
How do you open the Nintendo vault. Maybe my problem is I can't see the switch the guy is talking about,  can you see it from the island he's on. If so could you give me directions on where it is, his directions seem odd to me. Thanks for the help.

Jacob
No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2003, 04:28:43 PM »
######  Possible Spoiler  ######

the switch is on the wall opposite the island with the vault.  i just figured out how to hit it.  it's a white crystal looking thing.

Offline theatomicclam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2003, 04:47:20 PM »
<Possible slight side-quest spoilers ahead>

Ahh thank you much, I was looking towards the Forbidden Forest. Now can someone help me with the pictograph side-quest. I'm supposed to take a picture of some girl sending an unwanted love letter through the mail. I think it's the girl sitting on the steps of Windfall Island but she never moves, and since time doesn't pass on the Island I don't know what to do. Any hints would be appreciated, and please tell me if I'm focusing on the wrong person. Thanks.

Jacob
No matter how cynical you are, you can't keep up.

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2003, 06:30:25 AM »
this is probably a very stupid question but I hafta ask it anyways. I am so very close to the end of the dragon roost island stage but I keep getting stuck on the part with the grappling hook where I need to swing east. it seems as tho link only wants to go straight with the grappling hook. how can I get him to swing sideways so I can get past this stage? thx.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2003, 07:08:06 AM »
pressing R lets you change directions of your swing.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2003, 07:19:55 AM »
see, I knew it was a stupid question

Offline enigma487

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2003, 07:34:33 AM »
i had the same problem, but eventually tingle chimed in and told me how to change directions.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2003, 09:04:07 AM »
Just so you know, I won't be able to help out with the pictograph stuff until I actually get a chance to play my US copy.  And I'm sorry I didn't have time to look up the questions from last night.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2003, 09:37:49 AM »
am once again stuck in the forsaken forest or w/e i got the deku tree i am in a large room with a plant of some sort hanging from the cieling and a locked door on the 2nd floor of it... i tried cutting the plant down but. i can't do it fast enough or something? Very stuck please help once again b4 i go insane.  I have the 3 little pots unlocked that you jump into and transports you... but what do I do from here?
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2003, 09:50:19 AM »

Originally posted by: mrbojangos
am once again stuck in the forsaken forest or w/e i got the deku tree i am in a large room with a plant of some sort hanging from the cieling and a locked door on the 2nd floor of it... i tried cutting the plant down but. i can't do it fast enough or something? Very stuck please help once again b4 i go insane.  I have the 3 little pots unlocked that you jump into and transports you... but what do I do from here?

Are you at the boss or somewhere else?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2003, 10:47:40 AM »
***Possible Spoiler***

I can't reach the crystal switch for the Nintendo Gallery. Everytime I fly by it, I just can't get into the little cave. It's as if there is a sheild around it because i flew nearly straight into it, yet i was rolled off to the side. Must I do something before i can get in (i just got the deku leaf).
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline enigma487

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2003, 12:38:43 PM »
SPOILER

you don't actually hit the switch...  if you talk to the fish around this island, he gave me the hint.  think bait...

Offline enigma487

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2003, 12:44:28 PM »
where is the dam treasure Tetra keeps telling me about in the forbidden woods?  there is one last treasure chest on the 4th floor that i can't seem to get to.  it's in the room with all the pine-cone looking things hanging from the ceiling.  i can get into one side of the room, but can't find a way into the other side or across.  help.

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2003, 05:19:32 PM »
Does anyone know how to get the Triforce Chart near the Private Oasis? I fought a giant squid there but i only got 100 rupees.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2003, 05:24:37 PM »
I am in the tower that comes up. I have placed the first statue but can't figure out how to get the 2nd one out. Should I have the bow and arrow by now? It seems like I need it for opening some paths to move the statues. What to do?
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2003, 07:09:53 PM »

Originally posted by: Chris150
Does anyone know how to get the Triforce Chart near the Private Oasis? I fought a giant squid there but i only got 100 rupees.

It's in the private oasis.  You need to go back to Windfall and find out who has access to it.  -You may have to do some other things first, so just have fun with the people at Windfall.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2003, 07:11:46 PM »

Originally posted by: Berto2K
I am in the tower that comes up. I have placed the first statue but can't figure out how to get the 2nd one out. Should I have the bow and arrow by now? It seems like I need it for opening some paths to move the statues. What to do?

You're going to have to tell me more detail about the rooms you need help in.  I can't remember exactly what to do from vague descriptions. --Although if I remember right, you get the bow and arrow during part of this section, but perhaps not as soon as you think.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2003, 07:25:20 PM »
I am at the part where you have to guide the statues to the middle room. I have gotten the 2nd wind song in there. Then there is the next statue to move. You have to use grappling hook in the first room because there is no middle floor. The 2nd room has a holographic like one-way stairway leading up to a platform. The first room has 2 regular statues, an eye on the right wall, a door which can't get to on the left, and a weighted switch on the far side of the room to open the gate to the door on left. I can't figure out how to get the 2nd special statue out to the middle area that all the hallways connect to.  
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2003, 04:46:30 AM »
You asked am I at the boss... There is a boss door but i have not gotten the key for it and there is another door that is locked ... but again i don't have the key but i have 3 little transport pots open.   i can go to the boss door the door thats still locked on the second floor or the room with the large hanging plant thing in it... and i can go to a room that has basically nothing but the little green jelly guys and a nut and hanging nuts all around.
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Esty

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2003, 11:08:59 AM »

Originally posted by: theatomicclam
<Possible slight side-quest spoilers ahead>

Ahh thank you much, I was looking towards the Forbidden Forest. Now can someone help me with the pictograph side-quest. I'm supposed to take a picture of some girl sending an unwanted love letter through the mail. I think it's the girl sitting on the steps of Windfall Island but she never moves, and since time doesn't pass on the Island I don't know what to do. Any hints would be appreciated, and please tell me if I'm focusing on the wrong person. Thanks.

Jacob

Do you know how to take a picture of the person that is the most cowardly in the town? Just as soon as you get the picto box?

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2003, 11:46:44 AM »
Thanks a lot enigma487. I don't know how i could have been so stupid.  
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline DT

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »
I've got a couple of camera-related questions; but I'll answer the previous question about the Pictograph apprentice side quest first. Good trade, right?

The one posting the love letters is the guy in the red pants/suspenders. You have to follow him during the day, to the mail box at the docks. Keep your distance, or he'll stop walking and look at you, until you move back. When he gets to the mailbox, the best place to get a picture of him, is on the inside of the archway there, opposite the docks. Get a full body shot of both the man and the box, and you've done it.

Now, onto my question. There's a guy sitting on a set of stairs, near the auction house in Windfall island. He wants a picture of his favorite thing - something perfectly round, and pale. The first thing I thought of was the moon, but that's not the answer. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, after finishing the pictographer assistant side quest, the pictographer asks me about creatures in the Forest Haven which give off light - something he needs to finish the DX Pictobox. I thought it might be those little particle things in the Haven, that have that little radius of light around them, but I can't seem to catch them in a bottle.

Any ideas of either of these questions would be much appreciated.

Offline Chris150

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2003, 03:32:08 PM »
DT: I think once you get the DX camera, the guy who wants a picture of his favorite thing will accept the moon. If you see him at night he'll be gazing at it through a telescope and recomends you do the same. It has to be a ful moon also i think.
AC Info:
Town: PsiWater
Name: Chris(space before the C)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2003, 04:16:16 PM »

Originally posted by: Berto2K
I am at the part where you have to guide the statues to the middle room. I have gotten the 2nd wind song in there. Then there is the next statue to move. You have to use grappling hook in the first room because there is no middle floor. The 2nd room has a holographic like one-way stairway leading up to a platform. The first room has 2 regular statues, an eye on the right wall, a door which can't get to on the left, and a weighted switch on the far side of the room to open the gate to the door on left. I can't figure out how to get the 2nd special statue out to the middle area that all the hallways connect to.

Isn't there a switch for Link to stand on while the statue moves through the room?

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers