Author Topic: Monster Hunter Thwii  (Read 157496 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Monster Hunter Thwii
« Reply #300 on: April 08, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Do that, and tell us your story of Justice.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2010, 03:06:31 AM »
You'll be the first person who gets arrested for stealing a "free" item.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2010, 01:27:20 PM »
Hey guess what everybody there will be new content after release!
On Capcom's Blog on the first Friday every month they will post about the new quest. These quests can get you rare items that you can use in single and multiplayer modes.

Oh yeah there is going to be a Monster Hunter Tri launch event at the Nintendo World Store on the 17th of April.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »
Does new content include pointer controls?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
There is a developers voice for the game on the Nintendo Channel for those who are interested.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2010, 10:15:33 PM »
There has been tons of advertising for the game on USA Network, more than any other video game i've seen this year (with the exception being BioShock 2). I chalk this up to the deal Capcom made with Nintendo to advertise the game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #306 on: April 13, 2010, 12:43:34 AM »
So I recieved the demo in the mail from one of the members here.

I tried out the Lance which I am not really a fan of. It's fight style tends to be more defensive in nature. In single player this can get overwhelming but in multiplayer I think it can be handy.The lance when you have it out makes you pretty slow. There is an item which makes you have max stamina so you can be a bit quicker.
I tried the Long sword and I I like the weapon. It has a long swing and can cause lots of damage. You have to position yourself so you can get the timing of your hits.

I tried both of these weapons versus the Jabbi and will try out more in the coming days.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2010, 03:23:42 AM »
Walmart has broken the street date for Monster Hunter Tri. So you might want to check there first to get the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2010, 03:38:08 AM »
I wonder if that includes Walmart.com, which is where I ordered it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 19, 2010, 02:41:11 AM »
I tried to get a demo today, and they tried to push a preorder. I told them the press release said it was supposed to be free so the guy goes in the other room to pretend to talk to the manager, and plops down a 500 wii point card on the desk. Says it's almost like free since you can cancel your preorder, and it's going to be a great game...

"I GUESS I'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN"

Now the game is out and you don't have any of my money. Good work, Gamesnot
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 19, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »
First media score I've read is Nintendo Power's review. It's a 9.0.

One of the obvious things they mention is in fact it's one of the best looking Wii games on the system right now. Screenshots don't do the game justice though.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #311 on: April 19, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
I tried to get a demo today, and they tried to push a preorder. I told them the press release said it was supposed to be free so the guy goes in the other room to pretend to talk to the manager, and plops down a 500 wii point card on the desk. Says it's almost like free since you can cancel your preorder, and it's going to be a great game...

"I GUESS I'LL GO SOMEWHERE ELSE THEN"

Now the game is out and you don't have any of my money. Good work, Gamesnot

I tried calling all of the GameSpot's in my area and they told me the same BS. I could't even just take the disc when I went back last week because the clerk said he didn't know where the discs were.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline fireponrome

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 19, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
hello all!  going to be picking this game up tomorrow and decided to join the forums in hopes of finding some people to play with.  happy hunting....  my name is chris by the way.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2010, 04:17:01 AM »
hello all!  going to be picking this game up tomorrow and decided to join the forums in hopes of finding some people to play with.  happy hunting....  my name is chris by the way.

Welcome! Hope to be hunting with you soon.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #314 on: April 21, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »
Well the game is out. Who managed to get the game?
Also if you have thw demo and the final game can you compare the two?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 21, 2010, 01:42:07 AM »
I'm still looking for someone who will protect me.
Any takers?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #316 on: April 21, 2010, 01:45:39 AM »
What are you talking about?

Birdos are to be hunted.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2010, 01:48:25 AM »
I guess I could Mop it up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2010, 02:29:20 AM »
Well the game is out. Who managed to get the game?
Also if you have thw demo and the final game can you compare the two?

Purchased my MH3+Controller bundle from Best Buy.  It was the last bundle they had (not sure how many bundles they ordered).

I've played 4 hours of single player so far and it's NOTHING like the demo at all.  The demo is awful and doesn't show the depth and content the game really has to offer.  What they should of done is take the first 2-4 hours of the full game and package that as the demo.  If the demo left a bad taste in your mouth, give the full game a try.

I've connected online to check out the city, but only for about 45 minutes.  From what I saw, it's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:31:34 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »
I got it from Amazon yesterday, but I was only able to play for 45 minutes or so.  Thus far, my only complaint is that I can barely read the text while in the village, and I didn't see anyplace to adjust it within the options.   Looks like I need to get some glasses!
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:22 AM »
Capcom still thought they were developing for PSP.

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
I am a bit disappointed with Widescreen support as the game is not filling in my entire 42" plasma display.   I have small black vertical bars on the left and right side of the screen (about an inch wide or so).  I don't have this issue with other Wii titles with widescreen support.

I've checked my settings and my Wii console is set for widescreen 16:9, my display panel is set for widescreen 16:9, the game is set for widescreen 16:9.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 12:08:42 PM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
I am a bit disappointed with Widescreen support as the game is not filling in my entire 42" plasma display.   I have small black vertical bars on the left and right side of the screen (about an inch wide).  I don't have this issue with other Wii titles with widescreen support.

I've checked my settings and my Wii console is set for widescreen 16:9, my display panel is set for widescreen 16:9, the game is set for widescreen 16:9.

All Capcom Wii games and many 3rd Party games "don't" fill the screen.  But in reality all these games are spec'd properly, it's actually everyone's TVs that do a **** job of stretching 4:3 content properly.  The industry hasn't gotten it right, the same industry that released the first HDTVs without decent upscalers built-in.  Nintendo's games look "fine" because they substantially overcompensate the picture size to fill the gaps.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2010, 05:23:55 PM »
I am a bit disappointed with Widescreen support as the game is not filling in my entire 42" plasma display.   I have small black vertical bars on the left and right side of the screen (about an inch wide).  I don't have this issue with other Wii titles with widescreen support.

All Capcom Wii games and many 3rd Party games "don't" fill the screen.  But in reality all these games are spec'd properly, it's actually everyone's TVs that do a **** job of stretching 4:3 content properly.  The industry hasn't gotten it right, the same industry that released the first HDTVs without decent upscalers built-in.  Nintendo's games look "fine" because they substantially overcompensate the picture size to fill the gaps.

Seems like a crappy excuse considering that issue isn't prevalent in HD console games. Also if Nintendo can "overcompensate" then why can't other developers?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #324 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
HD console games never had this problem since the display relationship between the specified resolution and the viewable resolution was carried over directly from the Personal Computing business:  show all the pixels that the monitors claim to handle.

SDTV is an AFTERTHOUGHT in the design of HDTVs (hence why so many early models had poor upscaling, screen lag, etc.), where HDTVs don't attempt to display older-spec content the same way older TV sets do.  Older TVs physically cover up the outermost margins of the screen, so there could be unseen picture, or VHS overscan noise, or unused blank/black space, whatever; most people never ever saw the contents of these margins until they upgraded their TVs (or viewed the content on a PC capture card).  HDTVs tend to indiscriminately show the whole frame/picture, making no attempt to zoom & crop the screen to emulate the "viewable" picture contraints of older sets.

Few other developers overcompensate the screen size, and most don't, and that's what makes them "other developers" unlike Nintendo.  Face it, the development environment does not dictate that they need to address little black bars (or progressive scan, or widescreen mode, either).  The bare minimum is NTSC 480i fullscreen, and Nintendo doesn't require anymore than that.  I'm sure the 3rd Party games display perfectly on widescreen PC monitors while running off the PC development environments (before conversion to TV signals); and I'm sure the games display fine on their SDTVs, so they're satisfied.  Just like Ubisoft's King Kong for Xbox 360 was required to display in 720p while they messed up in SD mode; they met their minimum requirement, and they forgot to quality-check their SD mode, but it was good enough to go gold, so yay?

Nintendo has no such "refined" requirements/standards in place.  All they ask is for is all games to show up on TVs via the little yellow cable they include in every box.  Maybe giving developers room to be lazy, giving them no encouragement, has always been Nintendo's way of having an edge over them on their own platform.