Author Topic: Miyamoto reafirms Wii Music is still coming along  (Read 94099 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Miyamoto reafirms Wii Music is still coming along
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »
Kairon, I received your videos in the morning.

I really enjoyed them! To be honest, though, I liked your videos more when you actually tried to experiment with the song and the tune rather than having the tutes and the notes guide you through it. I think you did really good with your take on the Zelda theme with the trumpet.

I thought your take on "Daydream Believer" with the bells and cat suit was both great and adorable. It really made something like the cat suit play well against real instruments.

I also liked the video in which you were played both parts as the singer and had the tute play bass I believe.

Hope you send more videos my way!

What did you think of my videos? I had way too many, sorry if it cluttered your video library!

Haha! Thanks Pap! You know, all of your videos were SO PROFESSIONAL. You arranged all the Miis and all the parts sounded rehearsed and planned and in place, nary is a wrong note heard!

My music videos are all so slapdash in comparison. Even the ones I like best I can hear parts where I should probably go in and give it a better performance or play this note or timing differently. *sigh* I think the Flea Waltz one I made is the least "dirty" of my Wii music performances....

I think my music videos show that I like Wii music best when I can really find a good angle to "play with the music." Whether that means finding different timings that still capture the spirit, as with the Zelda piece or Sakura piece, or just completely stripping the piece down and seeing what emerges like in the Sukiyaki one.

As for your videos... I think I'm in love with the "I've never been to me" one. That one makes me happy, lol. Oh by the way, the Frank West one? With the zombies? Genius.  And your turkey in the straw one is another one of my faves for its entrance, but also its calm simplicity. Your videos, apart from being impeccably performed, all have such amazing instrumentation, you've found wonderful combinations that don't just work, they also sound suspiciously natural.

*looks at Pap's latest video* Oh wow? Sophia's All Stars? Lol!

You know, so many of your videos revolved around AC or Wii Music that I desperately want those songs unlocked in mine now.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2009, 02:09:14 AM »
Oh, and dog and accordion? Flea Waltz? Genius.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2009, 02:57:05 AM »
Kairon, I received your videos in the morning.

I really enjoyed them! To be honest, though, I liked your videos more when you actually tried to experiment with the song and the tune rather than having the tutes and the notes guide you through it. I think you did really good with your take on the Zelda theme with the trumpet.

I thought your take on "Daydream Believer" with the bells and cat suit was both great and adorable. It really made something like the cat suit play well against real instruments.

I also liked the video in which you were played both parts as the singer and had the tute play bass I believe.

Hope you send more videos my way!

What did you think of my videos? I had way too many, sorry if it cluttered your video library!

Haha! Thanks Pap! You know, all of your videos were SO PROFESSIONAL. You arranged all the Miis and all the parts sounded rehearsed and planned and in place, nary is a wrong note heard!

My music videos are all so slapdash in comparison. Even the ones I like best I can hear parts where I should probably go in and give it a better performance or play this note or timing differently. *sigh* I think the Flea Waltz one I made is the least "dirty" of my Wii music performances....

I think my music videos show that I like Wii music best when I can really find a good angle to "play with the music." Whether that means finding different timings that still capture the spirit, as with the Zelda piece or Sakura piece, or just completely stripping the piece down and seeing what emerges like in the Sukiyaki one.

As for your videos... I think I'm in love with the "I've never been to me" one. That one makes me happy, lol. Oh by the way, the Frank West one? With the zombies? Genius.  And your turkey in the straw one is another one of my faves for its entrance, but also its calm simplicity. Your videos, apart from being impeccably performed, all have such amazing instrumentation, you've found wonderful combinations that don't just work, they also sound suspiciously natural.

*looks at Pap's latest video* Oh wow? Sophia's All Stars? Lol!

You know, so many of your videos revolved around AC or Wii Music that I desperately want those songs unlocked in mine now.

Thanks a lot for the really nice comments! Its great to hear comments from other players, especially since I've encountered very few of them and Wii Music is about sharing creations and exchanging ideas.

Funny enough, I've never truly pleased with my videos. I've always hear some stuff that I am not happy with. Its very rare that I get it on the first try. But the best are those that I kept hammering till the very end and ended up with something I am pleased with.

One thing I like to do is that I create small stories around them. In other words, I want to explain people why the characters are there and are playing that song.

Here's an example:
"Oh Christmas Tree" piano: The story is that a young boy receives a toy piano for Christmas. As he grows older, he gets a second piano and as an adult he is a piano master, and on Christmas Eve he creates a miracle and performs a song with the ghosts of his past.

Frank West and friends sing "September": I loved the track in "Elite Beat Agents". I just thought it was a happy track, so I thought I would have characters from a dark game perform a very happy tune.

"Oh my darling Clementine": This is perhaps the most Puertorican piece in the game. What I did is use instruments commonly used at Puertorican parties (guitar, bongos, maybe an accordion, a trumpet and there's always someone clapping along). At the end I had the clapper clap in joy (I was lucky that the camera panned on him for better effect). The stomping sound was also well placed.

The Flea Waltz with dog and accordion: The story is that a cruel dog owner takes his dog to the park and forces him to sing in order to get money. Fact: That's actually Smash_Brother in the dog costume :) .

Joker and friends sing "Every breath you take": The original song was deemed very weird and spooky, especially since the lyrics make it seem like the singer is obsessed with someone. It made more than enough sense that a dark character would sing a creepy song, so I chose the Joker. He's pretty much telling Batman/Bruce Wayne that he''ll be watching every move, breath and step he makes, waiting to attack.

"I've never been to me" video: This is actually a tribute to "Total Drama Island", a show on Cartoon Network. I know its a pretty crappy show, but me and my nephew were hooked on it, especially when it was nearing its end. We talked about the pairing of Gwen and Trent, so I dreamed up this idea that Gwen is singing to Trent while he provides the guitar (an instrument he plays in the series) and as a bonus I had Owen (the fat guy who wins the competition) play piano.

"La cucaracha" by the Chowder cast: Its me and my nephew's favorite show, and it actually incorporates many musical elements, so it made sense to download and create Miis based off the characters and since the show is about food and wacky humor I put them on the cake.

"Turkey in the straw": The story behind this one is that a brand is traveling home from a concert and they get really bored. So, one of the members encourages them to stand up and play something to pass the time and have fun. So that's why it has a slow start, but has a strong finish.

"Wii Music" by Jesus: I DID NOT MAKE THIS. My nephew Jesus did (and yes this is a common name in Latin America). I was stunned at how EVERYTHING, even the rapper and beat boxer fit perfectly with the calypso. That's why I send it to everyone because its an amazing example of how someone with little music training can create a great performance in Wii Music.

Oh yes, I didn't mean to have the band called "Sophia all stars". Its an annoying problem in that the game names the band according to the last member that played. Ideally it should be "NWR all stars". It features the few members who actually defended Wii Music and enjoyed it for what it was.

Thanks for the comments!

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2009, 03:03:18 AM »
Wait a sec! You didn't send me la cucaracha!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2009, 03:05:11 AM »
Nor Wii Music by Jesus.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #330 on: March 12, 2009, 03:11:09 AM »
I swore I did... Anyways, they will have to wait. My nephew borrowed Wii Music for the weekend.

Its a shame, though. The Wii Music one was great.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #331 on: March 17, 2009, 01:01:25 PM »
Aww so no videos this weekend?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #332 on: March 17, 2009, 01:30:56 PM »
I got my copy of the game back, so i I have some videos I haven't sent will do now.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »
OK Kairon, I sent you the missing videos. Plus I sent you a "noise maker" video for the lulz and phail, and I sent you, Maxi and Pro some very special videos. One might make you chuckle, the other might you tear up a bit since its a tribute to a great man.

ENJOY!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2009, 12:37:14 AM »
... Reggie?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »
I got the videos Pap and I watched them.I can tell that you like the NES controller.Miyamoto's "I'll be there" was nice. Your videos are so organized and sounds good. I need some tips on how you did it.I made a few vids but I'm not really happy with them. There is one that I am somewhat ok with if you want to give me some pointers on that one.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2009, 01:28:36 AM »
The NES controller is easily the best instrument in the whole game.

The best pointer I can give you is to think ahead; plan what you want to do with the song (which includes everything from instruments and speed to Mii placement). Then "rehearse" the song, try different instruments and place different notes outside of the chart. Once you nail a style you like record the song, trying again if you mess up.

This is the best advice I can give you. Just have fun creating and you will create something you like.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:39:03 PM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #337 on: March 20, 2009, 12:40:57 AM »
So, did Pro enjoy Daisy doing her stuff? :p
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #338 on: March 20, 2009, 01:33:15 AM »
Some of those notes didn't fall into place right =\
Maybe a redux is in order, cuz I'd like to upload that song/setting.

Thanks for sending these over.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #339 on: March 20, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »
Some of those notes didn't fall into place right =\
Maybe a redux is in order, cuz I'd like to upload that song/setting.

Thanks for sending these over.

Thank you for noticing that. I admit I made these pretty late at night so maybe I did mess up on some notes.

I'll check it out tomorrow when I am well rested.

In what part of the song did you hear the notes?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 01:45:19 AM by pap64 »
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 24, 2009, 08:00:59 PM »
The other day I was in the store with the intention of buying Pikmin, but then I saw this at the end of the aisle and decided to give it a go instead.

I know other people here have already said this, but still, why have people hated on this game so much? Has this game ever promised to be anything other than a simple music game designed for the rest of us non-musically inclined people? You have your Guitar Hero and your Rock Band and all of the various installments, Wii Music is all we have! Quit hatin' on us! :'(

In any case, even at this game I'm pretty bad. :( Though if I actually recognized some of the music in the game it might help. At least the game doesn't tell me I suck like  a certain other music game...

Anyways, if anyone here would like to exchange Wii console numbers so we could send videos to one another, feel free to PM me with your number. Since I just got it I don't know how long it might be before I create anything decent, and I also might be tone-deaf... not sure on that one...

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #341 on: March 24, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »
Mop_it_up I'll send you my code when I get my Wii from repairs.I am waiting on the labels.Should get them in the next few days. If I get them soon I should have my Wii back around the beginning of the month.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #342 on: April 25, 2009, 03:54:43 AM »
So I sent Pro,Pap and Kairon a video. It is of F-Zero. I hope that you guys like it. Mop it up I have a video in mind for you but I don't have the song unlocked yet.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 25, 2009, 04:28:32 AM »
I haven't touched this game in a couple of weeks, I need to get back into it. Expect a video using the flute-type instruments because I find it easier to time notes using the buttons than the motions. :-\

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »
Epic thread bump for my Wii Music love.

Oh, hey guys. My Wii broke around Mid 2009 and I lost ALL my Wii Music library! T_T Also, my Wii System Code changed.

First off, can I get everyone to re-add my up-to-date system code? It's 4780 7446 5312 7385.

Second, can anyone, Pro, Pap64, anyone, re-send me any of my old videos that you have? I miss them... and send me all of yoour favorites too!

Thirdly...if you add me, check again in a couple of days for Wii Music videos of dogs and cats, bells, galactic guitars, and a Zelda Taiko-Dulcimer duo!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »
Epic thread bump for my Wii Music love.

Oh, hey guys. My Wii broke around Mid 2009 and I lost ALL my Wii Music library! T_T Also, my Wii System Code changed.

First off, can I get everyone to re-add my up-to-date system code? It's 4780 7446 5312 7385.

Second, can anyone, Pro, Pap64, anyone, re-send me any of my old videos that you have? I miss them... and send me all of yoour favorites too!

Thirdly...if you add me, check again in a couple of days for Wii Music videos of dogs and cats, bells, galactic guitars, and a Zelda Taiko-Dulcimer duo!
I think I have your new number added. Its the one that I entered for the Clandestine Claws event correct?
I'll send over any songs that I have from you Kai.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2010, 04:13:36 PM »
Yup. Thanks Maxi!

I'll send you my latest batch of experiments now too.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2010, 04:16:22 PM »
Alright Kai I sent over the songs that you sent me including 2 others. One was from Pap64 and one was from me. Mine was F-Zero and Pap64 was I believe Wii Music. It is the one with me,Pap64,Golden Phoenix,Bill Aurion and you.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »
The one with me as a cheerleader?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2010, 04:23:46 PM »
Yes that one.
Alexis, she/her/Miss