Author Topic: SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL - The New Megathread  (Read 351147 times)

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
GOSH I GUESS THIS MEANS YOSHI IS IN BRAWL
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Strell

• View Profile
NO REALLY.  YOU SEE, IF WE FOLLOW THE CONTEXT CLUES....

$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Adrockhowever, this update seems to suggest that the musicians list is simply a very impressive list of musicians contributing to the game.

Did it ever suggest anything else?

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
"It’s enough to make a gun cry at the end."

Fixed...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Will I be the only one that loves Yoshi's voice in that song?  It sounds so tropical and awesome.  (The beginning "Yoshi" lines are a little annoying.)

I heard this song and told myself I really want this soundtrack to listen in the car.  If they can just make a dual disc CD with all the tracks in the game I will be happy.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
I love this song, and boy does it bring back memories. I have the smashing live CD, and when this sound track eventualy comes out, I know im going to be listening to it just as much if not more.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Kenology

• Score: 0
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Adrock

Composition Supervisor: Kazumi Totaka
Arrangement Supervisor: Masafumi Takada

From what I understand, the "composition supervisor" originally wrote the song while the "arrangement supervisior" remixes it for Brawl.

Yup.  

Masafumi Takada + Yoshi = Complete Dopeness  ("Yoshi's Tale" is one of my favorite tracks on the Yoshi's Story OST)

They're droppin' these small, tender morsels and I'm dyin' to hear more.  

Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
I swear I read somewhere that all the original smash characters, not melee, are guaranteed to return, maybe it was Sakurai in some interview? or maybe I'm making things up...

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video

Originally posted by: Caterkiller
I love this song, and boy does it bring back memories. I have the smashing live CD, and when this sound track eventualy comes out, I know im going to be listening to it just as much if not more.

Melee's soundtrack never came out, so scratch that idea =D

(you could, however, rip all of Melee's music off the GCN disc, since it's entirely pre-recorded)
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
I just read the updates in the OP and I was shocked to see that there was a "Cracker Launcher".
But I was relieved to find out that it had more to do with than in had to do with any sort of racial interaction.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: mantidor
I swear I read somewhere that all the original smash characters, not melee, are guaranteed to return, maybe it was Sakurai in some interview? or maybe I'm making things up...

I think that was just wishful thinking on the part of some, but I hope it's true.

I didn't care for any of the character additions of Melee to the point where I'd regret seeing them axed with the exception of Bowser. The rest can DIAF, though it is fun to annoy the sh*t out of people with the Ice Cimbers while saying, "essssskiiimoooos!!!" in a high-pitched voice.

As for the connotations of the various music producers, I think there ARE some connotations in there, unless this isn't the complete list of producers (which I don't think it is, since FF's composer isn't credited even though he did the main theme).
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: BlackNMild2k1
I just read the updates in the OP and I was shocked to see that there was a "Cracker Launcher".
But I was relieved to find out that it had more to do with ... than in had to do with any sort of racial interaction.

I was hoping it be a barrel that shot out saltine crackers when I first saw it.  Maybe even Cracker Jacks.

Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Or a wicked little Nutcracker doll that'd run around and BITE people.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Strell

• View Profile

Originally posted by: Professional 666

Originally posted by: Caterkiller

Melee's soundtrack never came out, so scratch that idea =D

(you could, however, rip all of Melee's music off the GCN disc, since it's entirely pre-recorded)

Really?  Cuz I got exactly that from Nintendo Power...

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
That's not a soundtrack.  That's a copy of a concert based on the game.  It's similar, but by no means is it a comprehensive collection of music featured in the game.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
It's close enough that it might as well be considered an OST, since I'm going to call that argument based on nothing but semantics.

But I can leave it well enough alone.

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Not, it isn't.  The arrangements are completely different from what's in the game.  It's more like an interpretation of specially chosen songs from the game.  The songs are not at all the same as what you hear in the game, featuring a stronger sense of orchestra than what was used in game, and it's missing probably half of the game's music.  Not hardly close to an OST.  That isn't semantics, it's fact.

Offline Strell

• View Profile
Well gosh, I'd sure like to argue about it some more, so I'm going to call it an OST again and see if you'll write me another post about it.

You can add some pie charts and maybe even a bibliography.  

$10 Bet with Khushrenada

Offline Kenology

• View Profile

Originally posted by: thatguy
Not, it isn't.  The arrangements are completely different from what's in the game.  It's more like an interpretation of specially chosen songs from the game.  The songs are not at all the same as what you hear in the game, featuring a stronger sense of orchestra than what was used in game, and it's missing probably half of the game's music.  Not hardly close to an OST.  That isn't semantics, it's fact.

He's right strell.  There's a big difference.  For example, listen to the "Opening" theme from the concert and you'll notice that the choir from the in-game version ris missing.  Also, the 'win' fanfares are attached to the ending of each piece effectively making them the end coda.  Thirdly, quite a few of pieces in the concert weren't even orchestrated in the game, such as "Yoshi's Story", "Doctor Mario", "Jungle Garden", almost everything from "Smash Bros. Great Medley", etc...

Wii Friend Code: 6761 9883 7072 2526 - PM me your Wii Friend code and I'll add you. 
BWii: 429 612 278 949
MOH:H2 EA Nation username: Kenology
Endless Ocean: 1667-3301-0310
SSBB: 2964-8266-3925 - profile name = Ken

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
Pokeballs confirmed, as well as Groudon added to the list of Pokemon able to come out.

That is one BIG motherf***ing Pokemon.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Those new pictures really showcase Pokemon Stadium very well for what we have on it.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
YEA!!!  Pokemon are back.

However, I am not a big fan of the really powerful legendary Pokemon attacking.

I love the smaller Pokemon though, as it adds humor to a powerful attack.  

You just got a beat down from Squirtle.  BOO-YAH!!!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
I think Groudon just stands there and is hot.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Ceric
I think Groudon just stands there and is hot.

I'd hit that.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64