Author Topic: Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.  (Read 13056 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
RE:Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 07:29:38 PM »
Well, this is a tricky situation. Let's see what the rules say:

Breaking voting ties.

If there is a tie at the end of the day's vote, I will leave the thread open a bit past the deadline for a length of time afterwards. I will list then how much extra time will be given as circumstances may vary for me. No more than half an hour. During this extra time, any player can change their vote if they wish. As well, any player who hadn't voted that day may then cast a vote. The first vote that breaks the tie ends the voting. The person with the most votes will then be killed.

If however, the remaining time has expired and the vote is still tied, the players who are tied are all killed. However, those players get to choose one person who voted for them to die with them. Thus, you may want to avoid ties.

In this case, everything was met except for my stating how much extra time there would be for voting. But even then, I have given myself a rule. No more than half an hour. Considering I was not around to announce the time as being less than that, the full half an hour is what I must go by. Let's look at the time stamp changes.

Sessha is the first to change the vote at 12:16 AM. The vote is changed to Mantidor putting him in the lead at 5-4. First vote breaks the tie. But I wasn't around. What about the other votes?

Well, the next vote change is Wandering at 12:30. An unvote of Mantidor bring us back to a tie. All other vote changes are after the half an hour mark. Now, personally, I wouldn't even count Wandering's vote. The reason is I judge 12:00 exact to be the deadline. This means if it is 11:59 pm and 59 seconds and 59 nanoseconds whatever. As long as a vote is cast or changed before 12:00 AM exact, then it counts. Since the timestamp reads 12:30, I consider it past the deadline.

This means that Mantidor won the tie. I will however offer this concession. Since it is possible that Wandering had untyped his vote before 12:30 and hit edit, let me ask him if he wants it to stay a tie. This means both Pale and Mantidor die but they take someone with them. Should I let it be a tie and have them take someone else with them or do you want to abide by the fact that first vote to break the tie ends it?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2007, 07:43:52 PM »
Ennghhh.....I don't know. I guess I'd prefer it if it stayed a tie.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline 18 Days

• ~*LiL AnGeL*~
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE: Rogue Mafia: Day 4. The Old Abandoned Castle.
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2007, 07:48:14 PM »
You run the game Khush. It's up to you.
pietriots.com
Calenture

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2007, 07:53:28 PM »
Yeah, I do. And I thought I'd let Wandering be a hero. I guess I should have known better. Going by the rules, first vote ends the tie. The tie was ended with Sessha's change. Sorry Mantidor. I do like you but I made sure I had rules to cover situations like this. New day coming up.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 12:04:50 AM »
I was trying to be a hero. There was a specific reason I wanted a tie. ...though it was maybe, in retrospect, kind of a stupid reason.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon