Author Topic: Meowfia Dead list: Eat it suckers!  (Read 19604 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: Meowfia Dead list: Eat it suckers! Khushrenada Rules!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 01:36:43 AM »
Segagamer:  It is much easier to last long when you are Mafia.  Nobody is out to gun you.  Congrats on a good game though...and for a Mafia member you did pretty good actually posting and still avoiding suspicion.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
RE:Meowfia Dead list: Eat it suckers! Khushrenada Rules!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 02:24:52 AM »
Glad to know at least some of my investigations were correct. I WAS TOO DANGEROUS TO LIVE!

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 04:49:59 AM »
I'm surprised they killed you instead of me Shyguy!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 05:43:00 AM »
I put in for it for it but they thought shyguy was more dangerous. especialy cuz he was the only guy on my side and he turned on me.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 07:21:30 AM »
Rat, let me just say... VEDETTA!!!1!!

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 08:02:44 AM »
Ok buddy bring it on.  
You can call me

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 02:21:32 PM »
Hello Spak. How'd the game go?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 02:39:56 PM »
By the way, now that Segagamer is dead, we can finally see the end results of my vote on Crimm. Not only did it get one mafia player killed on Day 1 but it had the additional benefit of rooting out two mafia players in a bid to save Crimm from the weak vote. All in all, it was an awesome day one.

Also, I feel I too may have to join in this Segagamer vendetta. I tried to help him out also and even recomended some ways to him for vote. And then his mafia killed me. I even fought to let you guys rest and you killed me. Take that lesson to heart. This mafia won't keep you around even if you let them rest. Jerks.

Oh well. You actually hit me at the right time guys. The day you killed me I was looking back at some posts and messages to see if it was because I had come upon another member. That's when some of the stuff Segagamer had said to me clicked in my head and I realized he was mafia. But I was dead and could do nothing about it. And I knew Oohboy was most likely mafia also. That's the problem with getting hit early all the time. You have so little to go and you have to make choiced fast. It never fails. The next day when I look at things with fresh eyes I immediately see things I missed. Most things stay correct but there is always one or two things that change. Still, I must thank the mafias for killing me so early all the time. You keep forcing me to get better and better in the very early game.

Well, it should be an interesting finish. It reminds me abit of the StarFox mafia now. In that game there was 10 townies and 2 mafia. The difference is, we started at this point with no previous voting record. It'll be interesting to see if the mafia can overcome that disadvantage. Well, good luck crew. I hope you can at least make things interesting here at the end.

Oh, and by the way. You still haven't killed my successor. Not that it matters too much. By now, alot of the information is getting old and based on early beliefs and proven wrong. But at least some has been correct. And, I still just like the thought that I still have someone on the inside working against you. I must make sure to have successors in all my games from now on. It brings such a joy to my heart and keeps me interested in the game as I continue to root for him and watch him advance in the game.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »
Even as a Mafia, will you have successors of disinformation?

Also, just like constant application of antibacterials breed superbacteria, constant killings of Khushrenada breeds SUPERKHUSH! HE'S TOO DANGEROUS! KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »
well the first time I played I didnt exatly know what we were doing and accidentaly implemented all the others in my mafia on the first day and got killed right away.

I have only played two other mafias and I got killed first day those too so I figured I would have to ask someone else how to play before getting too involved and kush seamed like the right guy to go for. I made the mistake of always voting to help the team instead of covering up suspicsions.  
You can call me

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2007, 03:38:22 PM »
And Alas I am dead...you successfully killed CENSORED

As for this game...it is officially my second true Mafia game.  I had fun and I can't wait for the next one.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 05:47:59 PM »
Seeing the first game I played I got overkilled during the first day or so, this has been most satisfying.

Yay for new quick reply. Props.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
Even as a Mafia, will you have successors of disinformation?

Also, just like constant application of antibacterials breed superbacteria, constant killings of Khushrenada breeds SUPERKHUSH! HE'S TOO DANGEROUS! KILL HIM! KILL HIM NOW!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Maybe I'll just shut my big mouth.

Not too smart of me. After whining that I get killed to soon, I now get called SUPERKHUSH, which will really help my lastability. Oh well, I can only hope that one of these games soon, I'll be shown some pity and allowed to live until day 5 or 6, instead of crushing my spirit each game. And I know Stabby mentioned that I should play under a dupe account but I think people would figure out it is me pretty fast. Especially if the name Khushrenada is missing from the list. Besides, I'm not going to give in to these mafia fear tactics. I'm going to keep playing under my name and I will survive to the end one of these games. I don't know how. I'll just have to hope other people have become more threatening.

Which I think is actually happening. I've been quite impressed with how some of the people are playing this game. That's the side effect of killing off the strong players all the time. The new and weak players get better becuase they can't rely on the strong. So, yeah, I definitely feel that in a few rounds I might start getting the chance to live longer becuase other people may have stepped up more and be seen as greater threats becuase they've been lasting longer than me and thwarting the mafia plans more before I could because I wasn't around.

And would I leave a successor if I was mafia? Yes. I've done that before. It's my other mob mates. I give them all the practical advice I can before I'm killed as well as a take on what my strategy would be and gameplan. I sometimes give a rundown of certain players and what to watch from them. That way, even when I'm dead, they can still get an opinion from me about what I think the next step should be and can decide if they want to follow that.

And now some mafia lore for those of you who are interested in the past and good mafia gameplay or Khush's longwinded rambling:

SUPERKHUSH. I like that. Not because it seems like a great title to hold but it merges two great mafia players together. S-U-P-E-R and myself. Super was the player I modeled myself after the most and studied the most. After trying to make sense of what these mafia thread were about when I first came here, I finally realized it was a game when I saw the mafia 5 sign-up thread. I watched that game unfold a bit. I had no idea about private messages at the time either so that was another whole aspect of the game I was missing. But, I really enjoyed SUPER'S play.

There was one day when he was getting voted for and it seemed like he might be finished but he turned it around and forced the vote into a tie. The first tie vote in a mafia game too if I recall correctly. And basically, it enabled him to live for another day. Unfortunately, I've never been able to see too much of SUPER'S work since then.

You see, I respected his play so much and saw how good he was, that in the first game I played, I recommended him to be whacked first by my mafia. Was it a good move? Well, the mafia won in the end. Though we almost didn't make it. There's another good player who doesn't always make high profile moves that I respect much more now. I didn't realize his good play at the time in Mafia 5 either because he lost. But, I see it now and respect quite a bit. Anyways, back to my regrets over SUPER.

The next game, SUPER was again killed early. It's quite sad. It was day two again that he died. In that game, a bandwagon was started quick on me. In an attempt to defuse it, I named Crimm as mafia and his role. But that didn't have the effect I wanted because instead of voting for Crimm people started voting for SUPER. And then it became a tie between me and SUPER at the end of the day. TVMan decided to change his vote to SUPER and once again he was out early. He also made a comment about it, saying how interesting it was that he was killed early twice in a row after his awesome performance in mafia 5. I felt sorry for SUPER becuase I did like him and I was pretty much responsible for his deaths both games. Plus, he is a good player and it seemed a shame that he wasn't getting the opportunity to show his skills.

But that changed in mafia 8. My anctics from the last mafia game and the start of that mafia game were too much and I was killed early on Day 2. In that game there were two mafias, each with 4 members. A lot of people bandwagoned on the bomber for the first vote and in fact two members of the opposing were killed. I was mafia and when I was killed, I was the first down for our mafia. However, day 3 saw the death of two others in the group. Now, there may have been one day where a townie was voted out after. I can't remember. But what does count is that the brillance of SUPER finally came into play again.

Realizing that SUPER had been in the game for quite awhile now and seemed to be joining late bandwagons, Couchmonkey started a bandwagon against SUPER that had 3 other votes including his. This could have been devestating becuase there was 7 people still playing and the majority were voting against SUPER. But Super showed that same form from mafia 5 and turned the voting around on Couchmonkey, including getting two people who voted with Couchmonkey to change their votes and vote him out. Unfortunately, SUPER did target the wrong person. Couchmonkey was a townie. SUPER tried to get people to vote out Blackfootsteps instead of him, realizing his mistake but it was too late. SUPER was killed and revealed to be a member of the opposing mafia. However, SUPER mafia did kill Blackfootsteps who was the last member of my mafia. This led to a final day of 3 people, two townies and SUPER's last mafia buddy. The townies voted correctly but it was nearly a victory. Still, why was that play significant?

Because of what it almost accomplished. If SUPER had hit Blackfootsteps instead of Couchmonkey, he might have been able to avoid the vote the next day and get the win for his mafia. At least it would have given his mafia supremacy a day earlier. Again, if he could have conviced people to vote out Blackfootsteps the next day instead of him, it would have led to a mafia win for him. Remember what I said earlier too, SUPER's mafia lost two members on the first day and was operating on half strength compared to the mafia I was in which was still 4 strong. The fact that he got his mafia as close to victory as he did shows the caliber of player that he is.

Sadly after that, SUPER hosted a game and then moved to Japan. He's finally recently started playing some games again which is awesome and even though he still gets targetted, at least he's lasting longer than when I started playing. That's why I don't mind getting killed on the second day the past few times. I feel it's deserved for my hand in the SUPER deaths.

So yes, to be called SUPERKHUSH and have my status entwined with who I still consider is the best player of mafia. Although, there is another who like I mentioned earlier I've really come to respect quite a bit and can rival SUPER some days, Super is still number one to me. And yes, I know you didn't intend for that comment to mean what I just described it as but I like it my way better.

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 04:53:10 AM »
damnit we should have _______   ________ when we had the chance. too bad I cant say anything now cuz Im dead but I dont like how things are going now.  
You can call me

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2007, 01:09:17 PM »
Are you trying to influence the game from beyond the grave Segagamer? &P

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »
No kill? This can only mean one thing:

Congratulations townies. You have disheartened the mafia with your stunning votes of late. 3 out of 4. I could have told you Spak was not mafia but then, you see, I'm dead. Sadly my successor knew that. I fear however that by also telling my successor segagamer was a townie may have kept from acting on this info. At this point, I expect a townie alliance to take place. Considering the odds, I have a feeling the townies will rest every night also so as to get instant results and clue in on the remaining mob member. In fact, a townie alliance of 4 should about do it. The questionis, how long will it take? Is the mafia member so disheartened that they will just give themselves up or not bother to hide? Or will the mob member try to make a go of it?

Nothing personal but I'd just like to remind the mob of the title of this thread. Eat it, suckers!

Now, home stretch here we come.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 06:14:41 PM »
I had a lot of fun this game.

Now that I can freely talk that I was a townie.  I obviously played very differently than when I was Mafia.  In Mafia I hid for my dear life and plotted every move carefully...and almost spent too much time with the not trusting anyone.

This game I was more playful and actually role played.  I am sure that is what Khush picked up on the most to help point out I was a townie.  By role playing you make yourself more visible, and potentially a target for several reasons...something as Mafia you never want to do.  However, saying that if I am Mafia again, I am going to have to come up with better strategies...since I just announced how I played.

Khush is dangerous alive, very few people do I believe actually have the power to change bandwagons and votes with their opinion Khush is one of those players...and I wish he had lived to save my life.  

Oh well.

Till next Mafia.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 06:25:39 PM »
I AM NOT DANGEROUS! Why, I am as harmless as a... uh... a common housecat!

Hmmm. That strange link on my words isn't helping my case.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2007, 05:26:11 PM »
Not Pale!!! You jerks. You killed the one guy who was to busy to really pay much attention to the game. And yes, Pale was my successor. He has finally died. Interesting side note. In my mafia lore story a few posts back in this thread, I mentioned another player besides SUPER who's gameplay I've really come to respect and consider an elite player. That person is Pale. I didn't want to say anything at the time for fear he might be seen as a greater threat.

Since that business is complete, let's move on to some facts:

6 Townies, one mafia. This means that if people vote rest everyday now, the longest this game can go before a winner is declared is 3 days which must consist of the following: 2 townies, one mafia. So, the question is: do the townies want to slow down the game by continuing a lot or rest for instant results?

Oh, and Kairon. Nice call on the rules. Either the remaining mob member wants to actually keep playing and isn't as disheartened as I thought or Wandering is just being cruel and keeping the game going. Although, if I was host, I'd probably keep it going. The game I hosted awhile back, Mafio-GX, ended with the townies knowing exactly who the killer and remaining mob member was but I still had them go about the motions of voting them out two days in a row. Had to make it offical that those two were voted out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
Yeah, I understand THAT Khush, but the RULES that Wandering put forward CLEARLY STATED that the townies win when they rest and THE MAFIA DOES NOT MAKE A KILL, ERGO, THERE CAN STILL BE MAFIA AND THE TOWNIES CAN WIN THE MOMENT THEY DON'T MAKE A KILL ON A REST!

NFIWHNLJKSNFkjwsm:f
'ea,f;ka
'faslga
/gae;lga
g/ea
fa
w'tae
.g
;ealgaeg;kaegfakegfe[akgoae
a;tg'eagv
ealaf
aelae
ge
ae'glae
gae;lgae
'

...blargh

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2007, 05:45:02 PM »
I think it'll be more fun for us all to root out the remaining evil. Otherwise it'll be a tad anticlimatic.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.”

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:38 PM »

Yeah, I understand THAT Khush, but the RULES that Wandering put forward CLEARLY STATED that the townies win when they rest and THE MAFIA DOES NOT MAKE A KILL, ERGO, THERE CAN STILL BE MAFIA AND THE TOWNIES CAN WIN THE MOMENT THEY DON'T MAKE A KILL ON A REST!

NO. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. The loyalists are blood thirsty killers who will not stop until they eliminate everyone they deem disloyal. Now away with you and your fancy lawyer speak.  
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »
Personally, I'd rather win this way. It's much more humiliating to the mafia.

And besides, Wandering should have the dignity to honor what the rules he laid out stated instead of letting his whimsy carry the game.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2007, 05:52:23 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering

NO. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. The loyalists are blood thirsty killers who will not stop until they eliminate everyone they deem disloyal. Now away with you and your fancy lawyer speak.

But their true powers are only granted by Wandering. Wandering is the one who REALLY kills us cats, so if he cares at all for the standards he set forth at the beginning of the game, then he should strip the mafia's powers away this instant!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2007, 06:21:34 PM »
Kairon. Absolutely it would be hilarious if the mafia lost that way. One of the saddest defeats ever. Losing on a technicality. But, I have a feeling there is more going on behind the scenes then you realize. For instance, what if Stabby was the godfather? Thus when you voted him out that day, he couldn't make a hit. Thus, the remaining member who is now godfather wasn't made godfather until the next day and couldn't send out a hit. Plus, I'd be ticked if I was mafia and found out that I lost this way. Maybe Wandering did not make it clear to the mafia they had to hit every night they had the chance or would lose. I know you found it in the rules but what if it contradicted something Wandering had told them. Maybe it was part of strategy to not make a hit. Let's face it. If the mafia wanted this over, they would just reveal themselves by now. Personally, I think I know the real story behind it and if I'm correct, I can understand why Wandering choose to continue.

But frankly, you only need to be upset if the mafia wins this game. Then, this whole thing may be argued as a misgame. And do you really need a pep talk? Fine. Here goes.

Let's work under the assumption you are not mafia. That means you need to find the one mafia member in a 6 person crowd. You're telling me that you can't look at 6 other people and figure out which ones to vote for and which ones not to vote for? Surely, you could rule out a few people. Maybe even half. And that's all you need. You rule out 3 people, then you vote for those other three. And if you are correct, you will also have a townie majority voting with you, yourself and the three you have ruled out as mafia. Thus 4-3 voting. With all the evidence out there now, it should be easy to put this in end game.

I'm not a fan of dragging on mafia games and I can understand your desire to end this one. But consider what you have done so far. I may have got one mafia kill this game but you were instumental in putting the heat on 3 others and getting them voted off. I'd say this game has been a dominating performance by you. You just need to cap off the victory now. And so, I will paraphase Captain Falcon a bit:

Let's settle this at (the day's vote), not like this, it's the coward's way.